It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian helicopters heading to Sevastopol, Ukraine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Putin knows the US does not stand a chance in the Russian theatre. It was obvious to me from the beginning that Putin doesn't give damn about the US flexing. The only war the US had ever won was with the help of Russia. The US is tough on film... thats it! They couldn't even engage Iraq without dressing Canadians up in US uniforms to fight for them.

If the US gives Canadian troops a ride to Russia they might win this war for them, but don't count on it

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
18:33: Russian President Vladimir Putin of Russia calls for a "rapid return to normality" in Ukraine and warns against any further unrest in telephone calls with key EU leaders, Reuters news agency quotes the Kremlin as saying.

Lets not forget :
Romney: Russia Is 'No. 1 Geopolitical Foe'

edit on thAmerica/Chicago228uk2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
DefenceToday.com ‏@DefenceToday · 6s
Reports: Airspace over Crimea "closed"

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Yup and the telephone lines got cut off, and state TV has been taken over, what does that spell? incoming troops.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It's all getting very interesting between Ukraine, Russia and the rest of the world. Russia's blatant invasion of Ukraine will probably lead to war. It's likely David Cameron and Barack Obama have already spoken about military intervention. It is certainly going to be an interesting 24-48 hours - there are reports that military planes with Russian soldiers have landed in the two occupied Ukrainian airports.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MessageforAll

Sounds as though Crimea is now under Russian control. I imagine if Bahrain was in revolution the US Navy would take control of the island in pretty short order to protect its fleet. So what's next? ATS community was pretty accurate in predicting that after the Olympics ended that Russia would act quickly. Anyone care to postulate as to what happens next?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMaybeNot

People have identified them as Hinds which are an attack helicopter with slight utility for transport (8 people).

I don't know. not really a clear vid, the last two looked more like a Mi-28 wrong profile for a Mi-24
I would have expected to see their Kamov Ka-50 but as I said bad vid but none of the aircraft I saw looked to have two sets of rotors?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
It very hard to cheer between bad or worse. As a European I honestly don't get why Ukraine would even wanna join.
The US are wargmongers so is China so is Russia... Same goes for Europe, so how does one look at this unfolding situation.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

MessageforAll
It very hard to cheer between bad or worse. As a European I honestly don't get why Ukraine would even wanna join.
The US are wargmongers so is China so is Russia... Same goes for Europe, so how does one look at this unfolding situation.

Simply put---
Russia has three reasons to take and keep control. the first is obvious. it's the base to their black sea fleet. but the rest of the country has enormous natural gas and oil reserves. he who controls the oil controls the money and it's always all about the money

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

MALBOSIA
Putin knows the US does not stand a chance in the Russian theatre. It was obvious to me from the beginning that Putin doesn't give damn about the US flexing. The only war the US had ever won was with the help of Russia. The US is tough on film... thats it! They couldn't even engage Iraq without dressing Canadians up in US uniforms to fight for them.

If the US gives Canadian troops a ride to Russia they might win this war for them, but don't count on it

British Battle of Balaclava 1854 : Wrong orders send British Calvary on a suicide run into Russian Artillery

Predicted:
American battle of Balaclava 2014: Wrong orders send a American light Infantry unit into a suicide run of there OWN artillery

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Man that Kerry ought to keep his mouth shut.

18:55: US Secretary of State John Kerry says he is still trying to assess whether Russia's actions in relation to Ukraine constitute a "crossing of the line" in the crisis, the BBC David Willis in Los Angeles reports.

lol, made me chuckle.

18:53:BREAKING NEWS Ukraine has now officially asked Russia to extradite former President Viktor Yanukovych, Prosecutor General Oleh Makhnitsky says.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

MessageforAll
Man that Kerry ought to keep his mouth shut.

18:55: US Secretary of State John Kerry says he is still trying to assess whether Russia's actions in relation to Ukraine constitute a "crossing of the line" in the crisis, the BBC David Willis in Los Angeles reports.

lol, made me chuckle.

18:53:BREAKING NEWS Ukraine has now officially asked Russia to extradite former President Viktor Yanukovych, Prosecutor General Oleh Makhnitsky says.

The statement from Kerry comes under the category "Backing Down"

No surprise there then.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

seasoul
For those who believe Russia will walk away from the Ukraine-Crimea without engaging in a brutal protracted apocalyptic fight to the death, you'd better think twice.

Ironic... I love how people in this thread are ok with Russia seizing parts of a sovereign nation because of gas resources yet they throw a bloody fit when its done by some other countries.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Well, it is their direct neighbour after all, being threatened by NATO, EU, while the United States are funding and organizing regime change in Ukraine. The least they can do is protect their key interest. This is not Ukraine against Russia, it's western interest against Russia. Ukraine is being used right now by outside interest.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

What's really spooky is I'm reading the new Tom Clancy book, Command Authority... and he talks all about this happening in there minus the references to mob bosses of course

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Adin of Crimea ‏@RealCrimea 1m
Now as I predicted phone lines in #Crimea being cutoff. Ukrtelecom says main trunk from mainland #Ukraine damaged.

lol sure... a trunk lol.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Dont think many are saying its right.

Its not.

But theres not much the west can actually do without causeing world war holy ****

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Russia will not, i repeat, will not back down. They are there to stay. The black sea fleet has its base there. The majority of it gas lines to the rest of Europe pass through Ukraine. Sevastopol is a warm water port that never freezes over, essential for land locked Russia except for the north, not to mention it gives Russia access to the Mediterranean.
edit on PM5Fri20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
www.navy.mil...

'Status of the navy' page.

The file you have requested is not currently available.
Please check your URL or try again later.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime77

Bahrain did have it's own Arab spring, in fact, it's still going on and the US Fifth Fleet did nothing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join