It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof: Station on MARS

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMur

See U2U.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze
That looks like a base too me. Can't be natural, I mean it's like White on the red surface!

That's my big gripe with the "it's a natural formed anomaly"........

As far as natural goes, that looks about as "UN Natural" as possible in it's surrounding areas.

This is a GREAT find~!

S+F

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I used the online viewer to check those images. They don't seem to be useful.
But since the pixels are lined up horizontally in the frame it pretty much sews it up as an artifact.

I'd have to agree, but still, it is an interesting "what if", is it not?

Somehow, I think that if we had a secret base on Mars, the last thing we'd do is have it a color that stands out so much. It'd be the same color as the surroundings, at least.

Or maybe is has something to do with reflecting heat?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Could be a crashed spaceship of some sort!

There are some things on mars that look like crashed alien spaceships!

What if it's an alien space station?..Hey,you never know!
edit on 2-6-2011 by GodIsPissed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Definitely NOT proof, but evidence of an anomaly. It could just be a visual anomaly like the "face" on mars, or it could be a digital anomaly. It's possible that it might even be evidence of some sort of ruins/building/non-natural structure, but after checking it out for myself, I couldn't say which of them it is, but I'm leaning towards a digital artifact/anomaly of some kind.

Discounting this as a natural phenomena is also a bad idea. It could definitely be natural. People have a tendency to see patterns where there aren't really any.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretSky
I think Carl Sagan summed up what you're saying when he said: "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence"

There's also Hitchin's addition to it:

The elementary rules of logic... that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence and that what can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.

Also there's Occam's Razor, often summarized as "the simplest explanation is most likely the correct one". We know that roads and vehicles precede construction. We also know that materials are required for construction, thus to build a building on an alien planet first we would either need to establish manufacturing facilities on the planet that could take raw materials and shape/ form them, or we would need to build an extensive space port with landing, transportation and staging areas so that the materials could be delivered. We see no such facilities here. The simplest explanation in this case is that it is a photographic anomoly (unfortunately).

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Pimander

I posted a new thread

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I give up with this place.

If I took a picture of one of my t*rds and called it photographic proof of an out of body experience, it would get flagged, starred and would be convincing to many of the gullible minds here.

This is not proof of a station on mars, this is evidence of an anomaly. That's all we see and all we will probably ever know.

(adds the now missing shaking head smiley here)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Nasa will smoothen the image out in a few years and it will appear as just another rock formation...Nothing like a face..I mean a base at all

Nice find OP. S+F.

Btw Im sure iv seen that thing before?

edit on 2-6-2011 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Although I do not categorize this as real proof as the image is poor it is very
interesting based on its shape.

Must be looked at further. Nice find!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
this reminds me of the low res video of some woman on the internet that the poster claims is proof that this is a reptile shape-shifter...nope just an ugly woman in 360p

sorry there is not enough information contained in these low resolution pictures to tell what it is. I'll see if i can find something better than 15m per pixel of google Mars, like Mars Global Surveyor photos (as good as 1.5m per pixel).

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Aliens are real, but this wont prove # to anyone. good try though, but really, we all know that nothing found on google maps will ever be considered undeniable evidence so why bother. If people dont beleive in aliens they're just ignorant, but to think this proves anything is even more ignorant. The truth is out there, but not on google mars lol. Dont waiste our time please.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strype

Originally posted by Demoncreeper
You say it is clearly not a rock formation, or clearly not mountains. But sadly, it isn't "clear" anything.

I'll admit it is a great find. It would be especially interesting if we could bring ANY clarity to the issue.

If I worked for google or nasa and worked with images like this, for the purposes of google earth or google mars, moon etc.... I'd probably mess with the images and put little "easter eggs" like this in. Just to see what kind of responses I could get.

I guess I'm a jerk that way. But I guarantee there are more who would do the same, just to "mess" with people.

Unfortunately, it's people like you that make the rest of us unable to trust anybody.

I'd say more, but I think I've said plenty already.

Cheers,
Strype

People "like me". haha. People like people. Hey pal, at least I admit it. Everyone fools someone, sometime in their lives.
You've definitely said enough to prove "deny ignorance" is just a couple words.

Cheers,

Creep.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
It's on YouTube..... SO IT MUST BE TRUE.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kman420
Aliens are real.....
..... If people dont beleive in aliens they're just ignorant

No, what's ignorant is to say "Aliens are real" ....it's just lame, very lame.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
I appologise if this was brought up already, but I haven't read through all the comments yet. Has any one questioned the massive forrests of mushroom/tree like structures due north?

74°14'48.55"N, 29°21'14.68"W

I re-registered (against my better judgement) to reply to this post; wtf is that area??

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
For those who seem to have not bothered (it helps to follow the thread).

The source image which Google used is from ESA's Mars Express orbiter, using the high resolution stereo camera. The image ID: H5620_0000_ND2

You can find it here:
HRSC viewer

If you want to download the full image you can get it here:
psa.esac.esa.int...
It is large, 355 MB. You will need a viewer to decode the image. You can get that here:
pds.nasa.gov...

This is what it looks like at full native resolution:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d4a0268cb01e.gif[/atsimg]
This is what it looks like zoomed 300%
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5d7510372308.png[/atsimg]

It is obviously an image artifact in the source image. Note the one pixel spacing. Note that the pixels are in a horizontal line across the image.
edit on 6/2/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
great find! In the age of information, nasa needs to start having a much more open (and frequent) dialogue with the public. the American spirit isn't as behind nasa itself as it was during the heat of the space race. I am betting that if they came forward with the truth in this situation and others, they would garner much more support from the public.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

nice catch, where did you find which of the Mars Express images it was on?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
So what do we have here?

A member posts a link to a youtube video. Makes no comments about it himself then vanishes. Something the member has been doing a lot lately.

Some effort is put into showing the source of the image and explaining (on page 5) that Google cannot be used for serious examination of "anomalies". And yet the comments and stars continue for 12 pages without having followed the thread to see what may have been learned.

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join