It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep sounding jet engine in Poland

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Hmmm - the 'bear' bomber is a propeller plane isn't it? (The Tupolev Tu-95).
The noise I heard was very loud, but I believe it was too constant to be a propeller sound. It wasn't 'buzzy' sounding, but rather like deep wind and rumbling. (roaring).

I know my friend saw a few F-16's in the area....so I believe it was simply the F-16's using afterburner.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretSky

Turn your volume up and check it out - they are the loudest plane in the world apparently, those props are actually huge contra rotating props powered by jet engines (turbo probs)

edit- skip to about 20 secs and onward.
edit on 31/3/2011 by Now_Then because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjrichardson
reply to post by SecretSky

My bet is a large jet plane. The C-17, our largest (?) cargo plane sounds like thunder to me. The smaller, but still very large C-5 has more of a whistle. I wonder if we are flying over in your airspace due to the latest Middle East happenings?
PS I'm a newby, and I don't know how to upload anything yet either.
BJ

C5's are larger than C17's.

If we were flying over and above the area then the planes will not disappear that quickly from the skies when they fly.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecretSky
reply to post by Now_Then

Hmmm - the 'bear' bomber is a propeller plane isn't it? (The Tupolev Tu-95).
The noise I heard was very loud, but I believe it was too constant to be a propeller sound. It wasn't 'buzzy' sounding, but rather like deep wind and rumbling. (roaring).

I know my friend saw a few F-16's in the area....so I believe it was simply the F-16's using afterburner.

Or if they're flying high above the sky and breaking the sound barrier or close to breaking it, the shockwave can create vibrations of the windows or buildings in some cases. You cannot see it but the sound will be there. I have seen many F15's, F16's C5's, C17's where I live. Definitely a fighter jet with after burner used in bursts.

The deep wind and rumbling sounds like C5 but then again if the plane was not visible then its questionable if it was a figher jet high above travelling at high speed which often times is very hard to spot due to the color scheme.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join