It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBS News exposes Republican dirty trick to steal White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Sorry if this was posted already, but I haven’t seen it here. If it was, just link the thread to mine and go there. I just found it on YouTube. Apparently republicans are trying to mask a bill that would change the electoral college system in California with children’s healthcare reforms. I don’t have a whole lot to say about it right now, but I thought I should post it here before I go to bed. No matter what your affiliation is, it’s a pretty bold attempt if you ask me.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by captainplanet]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 05:04 AM
link   
personally, i wish all the states divided up their electoral votes like this. seems like it would give a little more accurate result. this way, the republicans in say....NY would be represented, and thus, might actually feel that their votes would count. but the same could be said about the dems in some of the overly republican states.

the dems now just need to find a few of those republican leaning states and convince them to do the same, even things out.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Several state legislatures considered a change in thier electoral college delegate selection away from the winner take all system in place today.
Many of these initiatives occured after the 2000 election and were sponsored by Democrats.
It would make for an interesting court case; the constitution is just vague enough in respect to elector selection to make an argument either way.
Of course, this will end up in court like everything else does, and if the Florida Supreme Court example is followed, the justices will ignore the law and do as they damn well please.

new topics

join