It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tried a short story with help from an AI story bot. What do you think?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I get a lot of dumb ideas for stories to write but I am not a very good writer so I wanted to try one of those AI bots for help. I just gave it a few parameters and it came up with alot of this on its own.

I thought it was pretty good . What do you guys think?

Once upon a time on a small farm in Texas , there lived a cow named Bessie. she was a happy-go-lucky cow .but she had one big dream - to go to
India. You see, in India cows were worshipped and treated like royalty . Bessie longed for that kind of love and respect.

One day, while grazing in the fields Bessie overheard an old bull named Ferdinand talking about India. He said that in India cows were free to roam and were treated like queens. Bessie's ears perked up at the mention of her dream destination . She couldn't believe her luck a cows paradise right in front of her ! But when Bessie shared her excitement with the other cows, they all laughed at her. They told her that Ferdinand was a crazy old bull who believed in wild conspiracy theories. Cows were not being killed an eaten they said , they were meant to stay on the farm and be milked.
Bessie was disappointed but she couldn't shake off her dream.

Determined to make her dream come true, Bessie enlisted the help of her two best friends - Milly the duck , and Caw the old crow . Milly had always dreamed of flying to different places . While Caw was a wise old bird who knew a lot about the world .

Together the trio set out on a wild adventure , They snuck out of the farm and traveled through meadows, forests, and rivers Along the way they met other animals who joined their quest . there was a goat who wanted to go to Greece , a horse that wanted to go Japan . and even a turtle that wanted to to the great barrier reef .

As they journeyed towards the nearest port , they encountered many obstacles and had many hilarious mishaps . They had to sneak pasty a sleeping farmer , hide from hungry wolves and even hitch a ride on a truck . But nothing could stop them from reaching their destination .

Finally , after many adventures they reached the port , and boarded a cruise ship. on the ship they met a dog named Rufus who was trying to escape from China . Rufus joined their crew and together they had a blast exploring the ship and playing pranks the crew

As they reached India , Bessie couldn't believe her eyes everywhere she looked there were cows being worshipped and pampered. She finally felt like
she belonged . The trio and Rufus were welcomed with open arms by the kind people of India . Bessie had finally found her true home, she knew she could never go back to the farm. She and her friends lived happily ever after in India and were treated like royalty every day.

From that day on Bessie's friends never doubted her dreams again . They learned that sometimes crazy ideas can lead to the most amazing adventures and for Bessie her dreams had become reality in the most unexpected way
edit on 28-2-2024 by pennylane123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: pennylane123

The problem with AI writing so far is it has no natural cadence... no flow.

The structure is correct and the wording is correct as far as the language goes.

But it doesn't promote any interest for the reader.

New writers are the same way... I was once.

Perhaps one day AI will be able to tap into the thing that connects the reader to the writer.

But to me at least, that would entail that the AI experienced something human and could write about it in such a way that readers could relate to it.

When an AI can write something like This I will be interested.

Just an opinion, as always...

edit on 100000002America/Chicago2amWed, 28 Feb 2024 00:49:30 -060049 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

This was my first ever try at one. Thought the idea of cow wanting to go to India was funny and wanted to see what it came up with.

I will definitely try it again with a lot more parameters
edit on 28-2-2024 by pennylane123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 12:54 AM
link   
What actually made me think to try was I was posting something for sale on EBAY and it has an option to describe the item with AI.

And the description was great lol

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: pennylane123

This was my first ever try at one. Thought the idea of cow wanting to go to India was funny and wanted to see what it came up with.

I will defiantly try it again with a lot more parameters

I enjoyed the idea of it.

But what you are trying to do as far as writing goes is serving dinner from McDonalds and thinking that you made it because you ordered it.

If you want to write something, why not take the time to hone your skills to do it yourself?

Do you need an artificial interpreter between what you feel and what you want your readers to feel?

Because if you do then you are not writing.

You are just artificially generating content.

edit on 100000002America/Chicago2amWed, 28 Feb 2024 01:05:18 -060005 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I agree. And I have tried a few times with a few ideas . My problem is describing , using the right words trying create plots .

I have an idea I have wanted to write a book about forever, I think about things to add to it almost nightly . Its in my head pretty good but getting it out and readable or even coherent is hard

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I agree. And I have tried a few times with a few ideas . My problem is describing , using the right words trying create plots .

I have an idea I have wanted to write a book about forever, I think about things to add to it almost nightly . Its in my head pretty good but getting it out and readable or even coherent is hard

The story reminds me of some of the kids stories from long ago.... As far as you being able to write and get your thoughts across to someone; judging by your replies in this thread you are doing just fine with getting your ideas and thoughts coherently displayed.

The longest book begins with the first word.. or something like that !!hahaha
edit on 727thk24 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 12:39 PM
link   

tried a short story with help from an AI story bot. What do you think?

As long as you admit to using AI, seems legit; otherwise it might be considered plagiarism.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz
It was almost all AI I put in very few parameters . It took my 50 or 60 word parameter and made all of that . I think it could definitely help people expand on ideas and add context . and maybe show different ways to frame stuff.

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   

a reply to: lilzazz
It was almost all AI I put in very few parameters . It took my 50 or 60 word parameter and made all of that . I think it could definitely help people expand on ideas and add context . and maybe show different ways to frame stuff.

I agree, but publishing AI is an insult to writers that put their heart and soul into their work....imo

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Playing around with AI could be fun.
But just so you now, don't use AI if you decide to enter the Writing Contests.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I thought it was sweet.

Reminded me of a young childs attempt at more indepth storytelling.

Cute story.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Playing around with AI could be fun.
But just so you now, don't use AI if you decide to enter the Writing Contests.

No worries . I am sure I will never enter it.

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Didn't like it sorry.

top topics

join