It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Flight From Paris to Washington Diverted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The no-fly list was created to keep potential terrorists from boarding international flights. It is not yet clear how two Moroccan men one on the no-fly list were able to board a flight from Paris to Washington, but it could be a failure in French airport security. Air France Flight 026 a Boeing 777 and its 263 passengers was diverted to Bangor Maine Saturday night after the discovery was made.

ABCNEWS.com Full Article

BANGOR, Maine Nov 21, 2004 � Two Moroccan men were taken off a flight from Paris bound for Washington after officials determined one of the men was on the U.S. no-fly list.

Air France Flight 026 was diverted to Bangor on Saturday night and the two men were being detained Sunday as officials investigated why the passenger was allowed to board the plane in Paris. The second man detained was traveling with the banned passenger.

"They are being detained and will be going through processing for expedited removal" from the country, said Janet Rapaport, spokeswoman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Rapaport did not have the names or ages of the men, and did not know why one was on the no-fly list.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This case exposes a failure in the system made to keep potential terrorists off of commercial flights.. However at least they discovered it before it could have been too late.

Are the French doing their part in screening passengers?

This may not seem like a very big issue, however imagine if these passengers had been or are motivated terrorists?

If you were on the flight to Washington how would you feel?

Can the U.S. and FAA work better through cooperation with French security to prevent this kind of failure in the future?

Is this just one case that was caught?

It seems these two Moroccan men along with French security have some explaining to do.

[edit on 21-11-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Bangor is starting to become the Gitmo of the North.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I will probably get flamed for this but:
I think this no fly list is useless,
If terrorists are going to get aboard a passenger aircraft
there is no list that is going to stop them,
and let's face it when your number is up your number
is up and that is that.

I am sure someone will say well don't fly then
just so you don't waste your time typing that out
I don't fly and I won't fly just because of the list and the
bag searches.

My business is no one else's business, period..

geo

[edit on 11/21/2004 by geocom]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by geocom
If terrorists are going to get aboard a passenger aircraft
there is no list that is going to stop them,
and let's face it when your number is up your number
is up and that is that.

Yeah, really. Why try at all? We may as well just grab a box of bon-bons, sit on the floor in our old wedding gowns and cry our eyes out until the terrorists come along and finish us off.

I mean really, what's the use? We may as well just kill ourselves now and get it over with.

Flamed? No. Silliness pointed out? Hopefully.

new topics

top topics

join