It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Bases

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Are there any existing moon bases?

What do you guys think?

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I've read a lot on the subject and I have to say im not totally convinced. Although who knows what the "real" space program is up to. I say "real" because what NASA does is just a front... a smoke screen to fool the public.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   
In reguards to what the real space program is up to, I wonder also. simply do to the fact that NASA now has Airfarce and from what I was able to discerne from media coverage 1 Army Officer. Now I have no idea why they/government would need a soldier in space for, but I can't imagine it being practicle. indded NASA and its public relations is definetly a cover.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
I have no idea why they/government would need a soldier in space for, but I can't imagine it being practicle.

exactly

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Think why wouldn't we need a soldier in space. If anything we need lots more soldiers in space. As for moon bases. I do believe there are moon bases on the moon and a lot more places. If you can think it, there's probably a very close chance its possible and that it's in existant.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 05:46 AM
link   
So, for some peoples NASA never sent any astronauts on the moon, but OTH,for some others, they have ( may be ) a base on the moon.....

he he he....

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   
We don't need soldiers in space? D'uh?

Every spacecraft pilot is a former test pilot. Who else has experience with cutting-edge technology aircraft?

Have you ever been a soldier? In my experience, when the feces-fan proximity factor goes to zero, the active duty and former military folk are the most useful. The civilians back into the wall like wallpaper, the soldiers and vets head toward the problem, get things done.

We need soldiers in space because when something needs doing, it will get done.

I worked for at a NASA tracking station for 15 years. We left a package on the moon called ALSEP: Apollo Lunar Scientific Experiment Package. We were tracking ALSEP into the early 80s. Those who claim we were never on the moon will please explain how ALSEP got there.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Researcher

Those who claim we were never on the moon will please explain how ALSEP got there.

By accident ? With an unmanned rocket ? Or may be a grey flying saucer ?

P.S : I've been soldier.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   
From what I have gathered from certain conversations, we were on the moon in the late 50s, early 60s, although an incident occurred that set us back.

As far as whether or not NASA is essentially a public relations ploy, just keep in mind, the only thing you will ever see on TV or hear on the radio is something that someone wants to you hear. The truth is totally optional.

As far as ALSEP, just like the laser tracking reflector, there is no technical reason why it couldnt have been placed by an unmanned vehicle.

posted on May, 21 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
about the whole faked Apollo Moon Landings. After much personal research though, I am convinced to side with history on this one....

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
we have been to the moon the missions were not faked.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   
We don't need soldier's in space .... Astronout's are trained to get thing's done up there. We need them, not some guy trained in fighting technique's.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The thing I cant fig out is when Neil Armstrong climbs out of the Lunar Lander there is a perfect camera view of him climbing out does anyone know where that camera was positioned. Maybe it was on the Lander on one of the landing gear. ????

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by IronDragon
As far as ALSEP, just like the laser tracking reflector, there is no technical reason why it couldnt have been placed by an unmanned vehicle.

Because the laser reflector required live human intervention to properly place, deploy, align, and lock-down?

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Because the laser reflector required live human intervention to properly place, deploy, align, and lock-down? Posted by William

Actually no.

First of all, as long as you pick a decently wide open location to put it in (no high cliffs or boulders around to potentially block orientation back home), which is what you want for a touch-down area anyway, your halfway homefree.

As far as the required automation to deploy it, once it is down on the ground and unfolded (a very easy thing to design from an engineering standpoint) all you need is a reflector, at least 4 photodetectors, a motorized base, and a very simple computer.

All the computer has to do is compare the laser energy recieved from each of the photodetectors. Assuming they are mounted on the 4 corners of the reflector array, all the computer has to do is swivel the motor base back and forth until all 4 detectors show equal amounts of laser reception (then the array is pointed directly into the beam).

This is further simplified if the array is considerably bigger than as described for the public.

I would daresay my old old old Timex Sinclair computer with only 1K of memory could handle such computational requirements.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dagger
Are there any existing moon bases?

What do you guys think?

Funny coincidence, I talk about this possibility with someone last week :

In 1969, USA was able to send men on the moon and since : Nothing ?!
And you dont need a shuttle to send a LEM on orbit :A stratospheric plane, like X-15 or SR-71 can send a sattelite or a spaceship with a LEM on orbit easily.
I think it's possible that the US ARMY, under a ultrasecret cover made a missiles base on the moon during cold war... Dark side of the moon...

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   
"As far as the required automation to deploy it, once it is down on the ground and unfolded (a very easy thing to design from an engineering standpoint) all you need is a reflector, at least 4 photodetectors, a motorized base, and a very simple computer."

In 1969?

NASA does not work the way you think. When I worked at a satellite tracking station in 1994, we still had equipment with Nixie tubes. Tektronix 545 oscilloscopes. Univac 642B computers. For those not tuned into electronics: This gear was obsolete in the mid 70s.

Manned space is an intensely conservative bunch. Some of us were begrudgingly starting to accept LEDS and ICs in the '90s. Those newfangled plasma displays, high density ICS? Not proven, not suitable for us. Bring them back in ten years, we'll see then.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
In 1969? Posted by Researcher

The technology I was describing was proven and in use in the 1950s.

new topics

top topics

join