It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visualization And The Bingo Hall Game

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I submit to you fellow ATSers an absolutely true story, witnessed and partaken by my mother, brother, myself and over 400 bingo players in a small country town. Grab a drink, sit back and enjoy.

When my brother and I were in our early 20's, we were both seeking and learning about all things metaphysical on a rather large scale. During that period we stumbled on some information about visualizations, which many of you probably know about or have experienced. Visualization is the art of visualizing clearly an event, item, or thing that you want to occur in real life, and also usually involves some form of meditation to propel these energies into motion. Well, after a period of practicing how it is done (and this varies), we decided that we would try our luck at winning a bingo game.

You see, our mother was working every Monday night at a community center bingo hall handling the financials of the game as it went on, and was responsible for the accounting and handing out of the prize money for each game played. (For any of you not familiar with how bingo games for money work, please research). We had played many games there before (with not much luck) and were very familiar with the hall and seating layout.

So one Monday afternoon my brother and I got together a few hours before the game and setup a visualization routine, with the specific intent of visualizing us winning that night. We both sat in a closed, quiet room at home and started by doing a basic meditation to clear our minds. Once "in the zone", we started slowly talking out loud about where we were going to sit exactly, and designated two chairs next to each other at a specific table that we both knew because again, we were very familiar with the hall, and we knew from experience how packed the place always was. We wanted to insure that we were going to get seats.

Then we moved on into talking about the game itself, and I can remember vividly my brother at one point jumping up from the seat with a lot of emotion. "And in the 5th game, I am going to jump up like this and yell 'BINGO!!!", he nearly screamed. I mean we were INTO this. We FELT it, there in our little ritual. "And in the 7th game I am going to jump up and yell "BINGO!!!", I said as I followed his example, albeit with not quite the enthusiasm he had. We then proceeded to visualize together the color green, and the money in our hands. At each step we paused for a minute and reaffirmed in our minds quietly the plans as they developed. Once complete, we were about to leave in my car when our mother, just home from running errands, pulled up in her green car asking us if we were going and if we wanted a ride. We both looked at the green car, smiled at each other and jumped right on in.

10 minutes later, we pulled into the parking lot, climbed the stairs, and mom took her usual trek to the back room behind the stage while my brother and I waited in line to buy tickets. The place was packed, and way packed. But the line moved quickly and there we stood in front of the girl that somewhat knew us cause our mom worked there. "OH, aren't you *******'s boys?" she asked. "Yeah, how's it going?" I said. "Hang on, I've got something for you from the director, cause he said you guys might be coming tonight." (We had told our mom that we were going to be there, and every time we'd go once in a while, there was always that apprehension of "we're the accountants kids," which could potentially be a conflict of interest. But the people were always very nice, insisting that they didn't care cause it was a bingo game, with an air machine, and they knew we had the same chances of winning as everyone else, with no chance of any kind of fraud.) "Here," she said, "compliments of the director," and handed us each a ticket. He looked at his, I looked at mine. Green tickets. Comps. Never had seen em before.

After we thanked her profusely, we made the quick turn left onto the stairs, and gazed down at the hall. Packed to the brim, except for two seats, right where we had envisioned. "Wow," I said and turned to my brother who was lit up with glee. "This is gonna be interesting," he laughed. We worked our way through the crowd to the seats. "These seats taken?" my brother said to a smiling lady sitting next to the empty seats. "Nope," she said in a friendly voice. So we sat down and no sooner had our butts hit the chairs, a hand from behind me reached over our shoulders with two programs, bingo cards and two bottle type liquid bingo markers. We both looked up. "How ya doing guys?" said the director, "Glad you could make it." We just changed those programs this afternoon, see if you like them." We looked at the programs and the bingo markers. Green. As if not knowing what to say, my brother and I just kind of stared at each other in disbelief. "Wow, thanks so much," my brother said, and I concurred. "It's been a while since we've seen you, and well, your mom's been working so hard for us, it's the least we could do." And off he went with a smile back to his duties, getting ready to call the show onstage.

Quickly reflecting on all that had just happened, we were even more stunned to discover that we had the only two green programs and bingo markers as far as we could see in the hall.

So the games begin, and right after the first game, along came the girl from the front with a couple of complimentary drinks for us. "Here you guys, I grabbed these glasses from the kitchen, only ones we had left," and off she went in a hurry to tend to the crowd. We looked down. Green glasses. "Oh my God," exclaimed my brother, and we definately tripped. Again. Games two and three went by pretty quickly, and I could tell my brother was getting a little nervous. Neither of us was close to winning so far. On game four however, he got 4 in a row within the first 10 numbers called, pretty fast, and got excited. But nope, someone else bingoed after several more numbers.

Taking a quick breather, he said "Well I guess this is it," anticipating the next 5th game. Game starts, first number called, "Got it," he said. Second number called, "Got it." Third number, "Got it". I looked over and they were in a straight line. Fourth number called, "Don't got it." Fifth number called, "Got it." Again in the line. Sixth number called "Don't got it." Seventh number called and before I could look, I must have heard the loudest bingo in history, as my brother jumped up screaming "BIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGOOOOOO!!!!!" The crowd went silent, staring at my brother in disbelief. The director came running down from the stage staring at the card, marked neatly in green. "My God, that is the first time in the history of the center anyone has bingoed in 7, and we've been doing this for 35 years! Let me see that." He grabs the card, runs back to the stage and examines the card against the balls. "Amazing!" he says over the microphone. "He got it!" Erupting in a standing ovation, some of the crowd went to the stage, and some came running over to congratulate and ritually touch my brother for good luck.

After a noticeably long time, Mom finally came out from behind stage and handed the director an envelope with an apprehensive look on her face, almost as if the bank had been broken. "$ 950.00," she said, "That's the most the center has ever paid for a single regular game. I just looked it up." The crowd cheered again. She was about to walk off stage when she noticed who the crowd was cheering. I'll never forget the look on her face. But she quickly regained her composure, and without further ado, waltzed right back to her little office shaking her head.

So after this episode, the crowd finally calmed down, and we all went back to playing. 6th game, pretty non eventful, went kinda slow. "Well, I hope it's my turn now," I said as I glanced at my brother. He had the strangest look on his face, and was obviously drawn into contemplating the deeper reality of what was happening with the visualizations we had done. "Yeah man, I'm still just tripping over this," he said incredulously. "Good Luck."

7th Game. First number..."Got it," I said. Second number. "Don't got it." Third number. ..."Got it". Fourth number. "Got it in line". Fifth number. ..."Got it in line." Sixth number. "Don't got it." Seventh number. "Don't got it." ...."You've got 4 inline?" Says my brother. "Yeah. I said." Eighth number. Marked my card, and was flying out of my seat. "BINGOOO!!!" I yelled. But so did someone else in the crowd at the same time. Director says "Wow, a bingo in 7 and now a bingo in 8? With two people? This is amazing, all in one night!"

The crowd applauded, and again Mom took longer than usual to emerge from backstage, looking like someone had killed the cat. "$575.00 split two ways," she said as she handed two envelopes to the director, and then whispered something in his ear. "You have some real lucky sons," I overheard the director say, leaning away from the mic. My mother, not really thinking about what he had said, was nearly back in her office when she spun around and looked back towards our table incredulously. I just smiled and held up the envelope. Gotta love Mom.

Well, needless to say, my brother and I were amazed. But interestingly, neither one of us mentioned this whole event much after all these years, and only told a select few people about it. We never tried anything like that again together, although we did separately a few times on different subjects (as in not bingo games), again with success. We talked about it a while back, and I think we were both so taken aback by the sheer power of it, that we decided to leave well enough alone. Almost out of fear that we would fail the next time if we tried. Yeah, we thought about the lottery, and all kinds of stuff. Just haven't tried, don't know why, really. Anyhoo, hope you folks enjoyed the read. And good luck with your visualizations.

[edit on 16-11-2004 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
[edit on 17-11-2004 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
These stories you write TrueAmerican are very nice to read. I've always believed in the power of positive thinking.
I can relate to why you and your brother did'nt really try it again though. I've had things like that happen and then decide "not to push" what I thought might just be luck or something almost "magical".
Why do you think we do that? Not really try it again?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Hiya Elaine,

To be honest, I don't have a clue. Fear I think. Just fear. After all, I am a ____________ fearing man.

Regards,
TA

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Hiya back TrueAmerican. Hope you're doing well!
I visualize the things I want sometimes but it does'nt always work. So what you're saying is that perhaps we can make things happen with only the power of our thoughts and being spiritually "charged?"
But also, the money that you and your brother won. Nothing bad came of haveing it right? I wonder if it worked for you guys also because you felt "deserveing" of it?
Sorry if I'm being too nosey or questioning here.

[edit on 17-11-2004 by elaine]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Well elaine,
No prob at all. One thing I failed to point out (I just plain forgot writing that long a post) is the different levels of emotion present in my brother and I during the "ritual" (God I hate using that term). Anyhoo, during that, when he jumped up in our room at home, he really jumped up screaming. His heart was more into it than mine. I did not have nearly his energy. And look at the results. He got better results. Otherwise I might have bingoed on 7 as well or better. I was less enthusiastic that this would work. After all, it was the first time we had attempted it together, and I had some real doubts about it going in. He was more convinced. I have been able to confirm that the level of emotional energy does have an effect on the magnitude of the results. I tell you any more than that, and I'd havta....lol...j/k

Regards,
TA

[edit on 17-11-2004 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Great Story T,

While I've never been able to envision my success quite like that, I have similar experiences.

Here's 2

1. I was down on my luck nearly out of cash, and I was going on a jobe interview and realized sheesh, I don't have money for the train home. I go to a local newstand to pick up a drink to kind chill out, and I looked at the scratch tickets. I knew If I bought one then and there, I would have the money I needed plus a little extra. I bought a 2 dollar scratch ticket and won 50 bucks.

2. A few friends of mine had set up a carnival type game, cups stacked in a pyramid shape. They were taking shots at with a Nerf Crossbow. It was difficult for them to knock off all of the cups in one shot, and these guys had been going at this for 20 minuts now trying to make that perfect 1 arrow knock down all of the cups. For some reason I knew, I was going to knock them all down, it's a little feeling of anticipation in the center of my stomache, thats how I can explain when I just know something. So I step up, and I say hey didn't you know I was Legolas's stunt Double in the Lord of The Rings? Without more than a second or 2 for aim, I kind of quickdrew the crossbow, and fuuump! All of the cups went down, everyone looked amazed, and I new better than to press my luck for a repeat performace.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Thanks ADH,

While your incidents are interesting, I can't quite see what they have to do with visualization?

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Hmm, well I felt there was a similar style to it. I knew just beforehand that I would have success at something which is usually a risk or gamble. I may have not envisioned it, but I certainly felt an inner prediction a split second b4. A precognitive experience.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I suppose the difference is for the most part- one is sensed and one is willfully initiated.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Hey this is a very interesting thing to me and I think I am going to try strong strong mediation before my final exams this semester coupled with load and loads of studying we'll see how this turns out.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Now there ya go, what a cool use for visualization! Good luck!

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Everyone has this kind of power, but relatively few realize it and even fewer do anything with it. btw, I count myself in the latter group, but I'm actively trying to change.

(I suppose the games of chance industry would be in trouble if everyone suddenly realized they could do this sort of thing!
)

Anyway, great story!

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Glad you enjoyed it man, and thank you. And yep, we can all do it, just a matter of "connecting," then having a real good picture in your mind of whatever it is you want. I find pictures really help with visualizations. The clearer you can see in your mind the item or event, and the more emotion you pour into it, the better it seems to manifest in reality.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
And you also have to have the conviction that the reality you visualize is happening right now and is already a fact.

And most importantly, you have to let go after doing the vision. Not thinking about it after you are done with doing the visualization.

Only now I see this excellent thread...

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I find there is a paradox effect from my experience.

The more needy and desperate you are, the less likelihood you'll get what you want.

On the hand, gains keep coming when you have plenty and/or the energy flow of positive circumstances encourages more of the same.

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The few occasions I have went to bingo, I have seen Bingos in 5 calls, so 7 calls is not that remarkable.

Bingo Probability.

% chance of a bingo in 5 calls for a single card face: .002%
400 players playing an average of 9 card faces each: 3600 card faces
Probability of at least one of 3600 faces hitting a bingo in 5 calls: 7.2%

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
That's interesting raphael, cause apparently it had never been done in that hall before. To the best of my recollection, it was in 7 calls, although I might check with my brother on that. It could have been 5 or 6. Not sure. It was like 1982.

But anyways, it is a true story, that much I promise, and aside from that, the more important point is that visualization does work for those that provide the right ingredients. Interesting comments, Bandit/sen5e, and thanks much for the applause points.

[edit on 3-12-2004 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Dec, 3 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
That's interesting raphael, cause apparently it had never been done in that hall before.

While I am not doubting your story, I will doubt the memory of the person who said it was never done. Speaking strictly from a statisical point of view, the "run of bad luck" he claims is more out of the ordinary than hitting a bingo on 5-7 calls.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
This is in respone to u2u's I have gotten about this thread asking for more info. Here are some links I dug up for you:

Creative Visualization

va.essortment.com...

realmagick.com...

www.themystica.com...

cornerstone.wwwhubs.com...
www.amazon.com...

www.successconsciousness.com...

www.smokylake.com...

Techninques

groups.msn.com...

Good luck to all who try it, and you may be surprised to find out how truely powerful it is. Damn, if I had only visualized Badnarik becoming president. Rats. *snaps fingers*

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join