It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

??mig-35/36??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 09:18 AM
link   
this is the first time i saw this mig!
it looks a little bit like blackbird

is that real??

[Edited on 11-5-2003 by $tranger]

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Combining the knowledge learned from over sixty years of aircraft design, the MiG-35 is the penultimate expression of Soviet Engineering. Although introduced during the Global Civil War, the Firefox, as it is code named, is still an incredible combat fighter. Capable of an astounding Mach 6 (4020mph), the MiG-35 is one of the fastest aircraft ever designed by human forces. Although a standard system in modern soviet fighting machines, the MiG-35 was the first soviet war machine to use the Telemental Control Helmet. Now that the Telemental Suite has been upgraded and perfected, the MiG-35 is even more lethal. It is easily the most dangerous non-transformable fighter on earth, even outperforming the latest Southern Cross fighters. While it has given the Soviets a major edge, it is also the most expensive, non-transformable aircraft even built. In fact it is so expensive, there are only 19 of these fighters in the Soviet Air Force. Still, it is a highly dangerous fighter. A single MiG-35 could easily take on 4 conventional fighters. The MiG-36 Starfox, an extra-atmospheric version of the Firefox. Minor changes in avionics and systemry as well as an enhanced life-support system make this variant a fully capable space variant. The fighter match or outperform even the VF-1 (in jet mode). Aside from being space worthy. the MiG-36 is essentially the same fighter as the MiG-35. There are only 7 Starfoxes in active service.

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 09:23 AM
link   
It is from the Clint Eastwood movie Firefox. It was supposed to be the Soviets' top secret Mig-31 fighter, which Clint stole.

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
It is from the Clint Eastwood movie Firefox. It was supposed to be the Soviets' top secret Mig-31 fighter, which Clint stole.

heh ok, looks cool tho'

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 08:26 PM
link   

[Edited on 7/21/2003 by necro99]

[Edited on 7/21/2003 by necro99]

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Nice one, chaps -and: while the plane is a hoax - does anyone know if the Telemental Helmet is on sale? I'd like one fo those.

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Nice one, chaps -and: while the plane is a hoax - does anyone know if the Telemental Helmet is on sale? I'd like one fo those. Posted by Estragon

I dont know if there is research into a direct mental link between pilot and plane (although Im sure there has been a study or two done on it), but there certainly is research, and likely an operational model using laser eye tracking equipment and voice recognition software to control an aircraft.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Estragon
Nice one, chaps -and: while the plane is a hoax - does anyone know if the Telemental Helmet is on sale? I'd like one fo those.

You'll have to think in Russian, as like Clint did it in the movie.

OTH, the South-African has an air-air missile guided with the eye. You follow the target with your eyes and the missile will go in the same direction. It's the Kukri missile.

P.S : $tranger, I doubt that you did that mistake. I bet that you knew it was the Mig-31 Firefox from the Clint movie.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 06:11 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
does this SOB even fly? I don't see how the pilot is gonna fly this thing if he can't see beans. (less than 60 degree view)

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Check out some real Mig-35 pics here:
www.aerospaceweb.org...

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
if anything like that was ever put inproduction im sure the inventer would be shot. that is the uglist russian plane ever made even if it is fake. plus if it were real. that thing would never fly.

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Errr, it's a mockup of a movie, ok?

...or do you expect to have X-Wings at your disposal? Babylon5 Starfurys maybe?

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aeroking
Check out some real Mig-35 pics here:
www.aerospaceweb.org...

Although this thread is 20 years old, the link you cited has been changed to the following URL:
aerospaceweb.org... (the photos in this link show the Mikoyan-Gurevich 1.44, the technology demonstrator for the planned but unbuilt 1.42 air superiority fighter which never received a military designation)

There is a real MiG-35 flying with the Russian Air Force, but this is an improved version of the MiG-29M multirole variant (originally MiG-33) of the MiG-29 air superiority fighter.

Links:
en.wikipedia.org...
www.military-today.com...
www.businessinsider.com...

new topics

top topics

join