It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's the Conspiracy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Something I learned in Science:

When a single cell organism like a microbe grows in a petri dish it uses energy. It needs energy to grow and multiply and become a multi-cellular colony. It goes on consuming available resources while growing and multiplying.

The act of seeking out resources and extracting them consumes energy and produces waste by-products. Sometimes (actually, most of the time) those waste by-products are poisonous to the organism.

Waste products are discarded as pollution so occasionally they destroy the environment the organism depends upon, killing it in the process.

Sometimes the waste is not what kills.

If things reach a point when it requires more energy to obtain resources than what is extracted, the organism is in trouble. It has reached its growth limit and inevitably begins to die.

It's called extinction.

Lacking consciousness, these organisms have no choice but to go on living oblivious to the consequences.

Humanity does not have that excuse.

The petri-dish in which humanity lives is Gaia.

Over 6 billion humans and counting with rapidly depleting energy resources, polluting the atmosphere, polluting the water and driving the latest mass extinction of species.

Energy resources come from food production and fossil fuels. Deforestation to make more arable land on which to plant genetically modified monocultures not only has global climate impacts, it is extremely susceptible to pests and emergent crop diseases. Not to mention emergent diseases for humans like ebola, AIDS, hanta virus etc.

Husbandry practices are also leading to emergent diseases like bird-flu, BSE and SARS. Throw in a little pesticide, herbicide, antibiotics and hormone residues in our environment and diet and is it any wonder pollution is causing cancers, sickness and diseases? Not to mention global climate impacts?

Current industrialized farming practices are also dependent on fossil fuels in the form of pesticides, herbicides, fertilizer, mechanical machinery, transportation and refrigeration.

Fossil fuels are also depended on for our entire way of life: plastics, medicines, heating, fuel, transportation, asphalt, electricity generation, chemicals, lighting and energy for our factories and machines.

With warnings about global climate change screaming from the headlines along with energy demand outstripping supply the conclusion becomes obvious.

Humanity has reached its growth limit.

The NWO? The Government? Think-Tanks? Secret Societies?

They know what the score is.

If I can piece a global picture of where humanity stands like the one above, so can they.

They're just getting ready for mass starvation, riots and conflict. They intend to fight until the last drop of oil and be the last ones left standing.

Is it any wonder they're religious?

Control of media; Control of Government; Control of food supply; Control of oil; Control of police and military power; FEMA; Martial Law plans; Secret detention bases and so on... and so on... and so on.

Makes sense to me.

Long-term survival is on the table.

So I have to ask. Where's the Conspiracy?

Speaking of which, do you really believe aliens are going to step in and save us?

In their place, I would wait for Humanity to go extinct before claiming Gaia as the prize. That is, if organisms that evolved on other planets can even make use of her. Or we don't poison the place with nuclear radiation.

The only way for the organism known as humanity to survive is to live within the available free energy limit imposed by Gaia. We either do it voluntarily, or we will be forced to do it by nature. That is, if we don't destroy ourselves fighting to maintain our current "Way of Life".

This is not sustainable: (Earth at Night)

The only true source of NET free energy is the sun.

And the only thing able to harness sunlight as net energy is life.

If the force behind life in the universe is made conscious in the human mind, we seem to be doing a lousy job of respecting it and sustaining ourselves.

Maybe we deserve an asteroid?

Boo!

Happy Halloween.

edit: fixed expired link

[edit on 3/14/2007 by Gools]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Great post.

People often look at thier life and the relative future but in the end nature always wins. Even if it is human nature and survival instinct. I think in the end we will be forced back in line when famine and disease puts our population in check. Even energy or humanity itself might be the final force behind the rebalancing.

No matter what we do we are on this one planet and limited to its resources and things will change. History has shown that people have to hit a wall and let nature change our civilization. We level forest and ruin soils and die out before we learn.

People often dislike population control and the though of accepting death in large number but like it or not nature will balance humanity out with everything else. We will keep moving along trying to bend the rules with our technology, but eventually we will find or be forced into the middle ground.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
OOOh excellent post. I like your theory about the growth of organisms. It's something that's routinely taught in bio classes everywhere. When streaking a petri dish, thats one concept you learn. The first stage is where the organisms feed and grow and mature, then the logarhythmic explosion of growth once those mature organisms start to divide and reproduce, then the eventual decline of population as food resources are exausted and crowding becomes a problem, then the phase of death.

What's interesting is where we might be now in that pattern - sounds like the final stages of the growth phase perhaps? We're still multiplying faster than dying at this point.

It's worth pointing out, though, that even in a petri dish, not all the organisms die in the death phase. Some continue to grow and thrive unless you dump some iodine in and kill 'em all intentionally.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBalloon
What's interesting is where we might be now in that pattern - sounds like the final stages of the growth phase perhaps? We're still multiplying faster than dying at this point.

I agree. We are just reaching the limit in my opinion.

It's worth pointing out, though, that even in a petri dish, not all the organisms die in the death phase. Some continue to grow and thrive unless you dump some iodine in and kill 'em all intentionally.

Or nuclear radiation if we blow ourselves up in the process of securing the last of the great oil fields.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Very good post-liked the way you simplified the whole situation because evidentley it is that simple.

The only true source of NET free energy is the sun.

what about hydroelectric power? the best application of this is harnessing the power of the tides or wave generated electricity,its not a subject im clued up on but i think theres been endless problems with trying to make this type of power generation system work but its just as free as sunlight and if situated in the right places youve got power 24hrs a day.
Obviously your looking at big expenses researching and developing then manufacturing the generators but once this has been achieved and providing the actual generators can be maintained at sensible cost and with reasonble ease they should be a viable option?

Regards

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The idea of using water power is not new. Small towns used to have water wheels in local rivers to run a flower mill, run sawmills etc.

Hydroelectric power is a very clean resource if you can get past the initial environmental destruction of filling a reservoir or diverting the flow of a river.

Plus all the equipment and building the system take alot of energy (oil based). Those that are already built need to be maintained and do produce power non-stop. So I guess its viable to a certain extent.

The problem is that hydroelectric cannot supply all of the power needed to everyone who needs it.

It's also suceptible to changing weather patterns.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
So where are all the other NWO, shadow government people?

Don't you have any comments about these groups methodically preparing for anarchy?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
So where are all the other NWO, shadow government people?

In the books written by different frauds who earn a lot of money by selling them.

[edit on 2-11-2004 by Agnis]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Great post Gools!
Have you read Life After The Oil Crash? It sets a very foreboding scene regarding the coming shortage of cheap energy, and the concequences of our 'progress' (outgrowing our energy source)Here's a link for the website where you can download the book in pdf format.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
hi gools,

Hydroelectric power is a very clean resource if you can get past the initial environmental destruction of filling a reservoir or diverting the flow of a river.

the designs i saw for the wave powered turbines (which for the love of god,i cant find now!) were basically barrel sized and strung along high tension steel cables between posts anchored to the sea bed,the idea being that they sort of "bobbed" in the swell just under the surface.
Cant remember how much power they developed though but im sure your right it wasnt very much considering the size and cost of the development.
My father went out to sri-lanka several years ago and built a water wheel in a village on a mountain.
it was a very simple system ,with a wheel driving through a "massey-ferguson" tractor gearbox which then belt drives 3 12v car alternators-its basically fool proof (which of course it needs to be because your dealing with people with little,if no engineering background) thus providing each village household with a 12v car battery which they can use to power basic lighting or a radio-its faraway from solving any of our polution problems and obviously was more of a social exercise than an ecological one but its a step in the right direction?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul
Have you read Life After The Oil Crash?

Hi Paul thanks.

I do have the book. I've been following the peak oil issue for 2-3 years now. My next book to get will be "Crossing the Rubicon" by Michael Ruppert. Should be a great (and scary) read.

For some information on the effects of high oil prices check out my thread OIL: Conditions are Ripe for another Great Depression where I've been putting together some research over the last few months.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
... -its faraway from solving any of our polution problems and obviously was more of a social exercise than an ecological one but its a step in the right direction?

Yep I think eventually people will be jerry-rigging anything they can scrounge-up to produce power on small scales. We will start with back-up power for when rolling brown-outs become the norm and then will have to find ways to become self-sufficient.

FYI some information on Tidal Power: How Tidal Power Plants Work
The article states that France is the only country using this technology right now but I read somewhere that England has a project underway.

Another article gives the advantages and disadvantages of this technology:

A major drawback of tidal power stations is that they can only generate when the tide is flowing in or out - in other words, only for 10 hours each day. However, tides are totally predictable, so we can plan to have other power stations generating at those times when the tidal station is out of action.

Advantages
Once you've built the dam, tidal power is free.
It produces no greenhouse gases or other waste.
It needs no fuel.
It produces electricity reliably.
Not expensive to maintain.
Tides are totally predictable.

Disadvantages
Very expensive to build.
Affects a very wide area - the environment is changed for many miles upstream and downstream.
Many birds rely on the tide uncovering the mud flats so that they can feed.
Only provides power for around 10 hours each day, when the tide is actually moving in or out.
There are very few suitable sites for tidal power stations.
source

If you do a search for "Tidal Power" you get over 380 000 results.

Edit: spelling

[edit on 11/2/2004 by Gools]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Saw this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And it reminded me of this thread and the world 'petri dish.'

If the world population did level off in 2300, would it be the last step before a mass die off and depopulation just like bacteria in a dish?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   

You have voted Gools for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Gools, NWO really wants a large dieback of the population. I know I read that in one of my conspiracy books.
Probably most of the conspiracy nuts don't make it over to this area often

That picture of the earth at night?
I don't understand why europe is dark...surely, there are large urban areas over there? Is it a function of the time of day in Euope/Asia? I'd like to see that pcitre taken over the eastern hemisphere, when it is bull dark over there?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Good post.

I don't agree with it, but it was well written and more importantly made sense.

Good Job.

Surf

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Nice work, Gools, well said..

I beleive that power in the future could efficiently be supplied by networks of small power suppliers. No one renewable source has the potential to replace power stations, but all of them put together could easily satisfy demand...

One system that I kow of is located in West Brunswick, seven kilometres north of Melbourne's CBD. The system consists of twenty-four 83 watt Solarex photovoltaic panels, mounted on the north facing roof of the house, covering an area of 18 square metres. The solar array has a generating capacity of about 2 kilowatts. The array is connected to a 2.2 kilowatt CSA inverter that converts the electricity to 240 volts AC for use in the house, with the surplus feeding back into the grid, which is paid for by the local electricity supplier.

Combine Household systems with wind/tidal/hydroelectric and geothermal power generation, and the phasing out of inefficient technologies (like Household incandescent globes and bar heaters), and we could be well on the way to turning the light back on at the end of the tunnel.

If we could only get the Oil lobby out of the Whitehouse....

E_T

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flange Gasket
I beleive that power in the future could efficiently be supplied by networks of small power suppliers. No one renewable source has the potential to replace power stations, but all of them put together could easily satisfy demand...

If we could only get the Oil lobby out of the Whitehouse....
You're right, these renewable energy sources would need turning away from this centralized "big is beautiful" system of big money's.
It would also give much better redundancy for emergencies, currently just couple problems in right places might take down big parts of power
network.

Problem is just that big money is trying to prevent this because it would cause them to loose much of their power.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBalloon
Saw this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com... ...

I saw that too. That model is based solely on fertility rates. They hedge their bets at the end by stating that geopolitical events could impact the predicted outcome yadda yadda.

They are totally ignoring the oil issue as well as global climate change.

If we were to insure that todays population had the same standard of living as the G8 we would require another 3 earths worth of resources.

9 billion people? No way.

@ DontThreadOnMe... Europe looks lit up to me.

Edit: brain fart

[edit on 11/8/2004 by Gools]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I try to maintain a 'hope for the hopeless' attitude, but it is increasingly becoming harder, looking at all that humans are doing to themselves and their surroundings.

I have to agree w/ Smith (The Matrix) when he uses the analogy between humans and a virus. Once upon a time, we did adapt to our surroundings, but the more we thought about it, the more we began to change our environment to suit our needs.

If being the only thinking, and I'm using that term lightly, creatures on this planet - Then why in the hey are we the only ones destroying it? We were given this "power of thought" and when you look around at everything that's goin on in the world today, it's obvious what that 'power' is being used for: Control over everyone and everything including our precious Gaia.

This is where I lose my hope.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Excellent post Gools. Thanks. Don't have much to contribute at the moment, but will later.

...FYI - I noticed a few years back that the world's economic powers were looting full bore - well beyond traditional rates. Led me to think they knew something we didn't. ...Seems like they're positioning to hold power through the transition, and after.

I'm not sure whatever happens will be that predictable, geophysically or biologically. ...But I suspect that when global crises have happened before, there was a similar split and positioning occurring in the human realm - hence the origins of 'conspiracy.' ...It's an old old plan, revived as needed to ride the storm, pick up the pieces and make sure the 'right' crowd is on top and in control when the dust settles. ...The ancient battle, come alive again.

FYI - I do agree with you that we are facing an astounding upheaval, seemingly man-made. My take is that human activities have accelerated or triggered natural processes - and that we've been here before.

...Okay - so I babbled. Sorry. A real contribution later, after I reread your post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join