It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Khodro hits 2,000 car per day record.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Tehran Times
TEHRAN, Oct. 22 (MNA) �Iran Khodro is now capable of producing 2,000 cars a day, hoping for a total output of 600,000 cars at the end of the year.

Some people may be surprised that Iran even has a car factory but they do and they produced over 350,000 cars in the first half of the year.

The main reason I posted this was because when people see any news on Iran, it's usually about weapons or Islamic clerics and it presents Iran as a nation which is completely backwards.
While Iran does have some major problems to work through, they're not completely backwards.
Iran even has a satellite launch planned for 2005, which has been discussed here in the past.

Iran Khodro Company

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
As I stated in a previous post Iran is a very forward thinking and advanced society.

It's their leadership (of whom most Iranian's detest)... that is letting them down.

They have a strong Persian heritage and historically have alway's sided with Isreal... it just seems a shame that their original quirks and ideologies have been suppressed by the hard line Ayatolla.

Here are a few Images of Tehran... not exactly baghdad or Kabul is it?

[edit on 24-10-2004 by Lucretius]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The land and people might have been Persian a long time ago but today they are an Islamic state that hasn't said very many nice things about Israel. That said I think it's great that Iran is developing. The western culture will be imported and soon the young Iranians will call for change.

[edit on 10/24/2004 by verfed]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucretius
As I stated in a previous post Iran is a very forward thinking and advanced society.

It's their leadership (of whom most Iranian's detest)... that is letting them down.

They have a strong Persian heritage and historically have alway's sided with Isreal... it just seems a shame that their original quirks and ideologies have been suppressed by the hard line Ayatolla.

[edit on 24-10-2004 by Lucretius]

Wow, very interesting pictures. Good job!

I, for one, didn't even know it snowed there.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Thank you for the pictures.
If only the media would show more pictures like that of Iran, people might not think of them as another area of just sand and rocks and a population stuck in the dark ages.

[edit on 24-10-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
The land and people might have been Persian a long time ago but today they are an Islamic state that hasn't said very many nice things about Israel. That said I think it's great that Iran is developing. The western culture will be imported and soon the young Iranians will call for change.

[edit on 10/24/2004 by verfed]

you will probably find a great deal more tolerance among iranians than in their leadership... remember not to judge a country by it's government... Isreal is a prime example

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

So they have somthing in common with the people of the U.S.

Well a change is a coming in 9 days.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The last time the students rebelled against their government they got the ayatollah. Would the young people of Iran risk that again? Is the reformation movement in within Iran on the go? Is anything happening or changing for the better of the people not just the economy of the government?

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
here are 3 articles confering the topic, unfortunatley they are a couple of years old... though I don't believe the situation has changed that much recently

english.people.com.cn...

www.time.com...

www.merip.org...

top topics

join