It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free and Ancient Mason Lodge Down The Street

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2002 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I live in Chicago Illinois. About 1/2 a mile down 63rd street there is a Mason lodge. There are signs all over the street saying, "Free And Ancient Masons Lodge # ***" (I dont remember the lodge number). It doesnt look anything like a church or anything. Just a regular building. I was thinking of going in there some time in the near future to try to get some information about the Masons. Or at least see what they have to say. What do you guys think?

posted on Aug, 3 2002 @ 05:39 PM
link   
i doubt youd learn much....other than that most chapters of masons you can just walk in or whatever are probably just excuses for guys to get away from wives, kids, etc. for a night every month and get drunk, play poker, whatever.

posted on Aug, 4 2002 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Ask to visit a meeting (they don't let you in during the opening ceremonies until you're a member.) Check them out.

You'll find that it really IS a social club with a very heavy Christian slant. Nothing diabolical about it. It's a "good old boys" network just like the Lions club or Elks or Knights of Columbus, etc, etc.

posted on Aug, 4 2002 @ 03:55 PM
link   
yes, Christian NOT Catholic, and they will probably suggest you take up a hobby involving some sort of construction...lol like maybe buy a lego set or something....

posted on Aug, 17 2002 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
It's a "good old boys" network just like the Lions club or Elks or Knights of Columbus, etc, etc.

I recently found out the Knights of Columbus are involved with the UN...

I have proof as well...

check out the html codes at www.kofc.org... and take a look at the search keywords...
and you're bound to find one saying UN and/or United Nations...

posted on Aug, 17 2002 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Doctors Without Borders is involved with the UN.

Amnesty International is involved with the UN.

The Red Cross is involved with the UN.

LOTS of organizations are involved with the UN.... so... your point is...?

posted on Sep, 6 2002 @ 08:13 PM
link   
yes... but why a catholic fraternity?

posted on Oct, 15 2002 @ 10:54 AM
link   
actually, i thought that the masons were kinda "anti-catholic" but not anti-chrisitian, you know what i mean...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I you can believe anything you read on Freemason Watch. It says that Masons have infiltered the Catholic church and taken it over. Even killing a Pope to do so.

Here is a piece of it and can be read in full detail in David Yallops book-In Gods Name-

The Vatican secretary of state, Cardinal Jean Villot... studied the list of appointments, resignations to be asked for and transfers the pope had handed him. He had advised, argued, and remonstrated, but to no avail. Luciani had been adamant."

"It was by any standards a dramatic reshuffle. It would set the Church in new directions - directions that Villot, and the others on the list who were about to be replaced, considered highly dangerous...."

"There was one common denominator, one fact that linked each of the men about to be replaced. Villot was aware of it. More important, so was the pope. It had been one of the factors that had caused him to act, to strip these men of real power...it was Freemasonry."

"The evidence the pope had acquired indicated that within the Vatican City State there were over one hundred Masons, ranging from cardinals to priests."

"Luciani was further preoccupied with an illegal Masonic lodge that had penetrated far beyond Italy in its search for wealth and power. It called itself P2. The fact that it had penetrated the Vatican walls and formed links with priests, bishops, and even cardinals made P2 anathema to Albino Luciani."

"That evening, September 28, 1978, thirty-three days after his election, Pope John Paul 1, "the smiling pope", was declared dead. No official death certificate has ever been issued. No autopsy ever performed. His body was hastily embalmed. Cause of death: Unknown. And Vatican business continues..."

"The facts are here in meticulous detail, documenting widespread

corruption within the Vatican and presenting a compelling case that six powerful men, to protect their vast financial and political operations, decided on a shocking course of action -- Pope John Paul I must die."

[Luciani had been given the list of freemasons by a journalist; who was later found dead in the street, shot through the mouth.]

freemasonrywatch.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Freemasonwatch is king of the Great Internet Trash Heap. More garbage on that site than at a weekend frat-party.

No one really takes it seriously, though, except for its creator.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Yes, but the Pope was killed in similar fasion as was described on FMW wasn't he?

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Being a Mason myself, the christian slant will probably come more into play in the deep south or Bible belt areas. Here in Japan, we have about 6 different religions.

I say go in and talk with them. There is no recruiting really. You can ask the question that you like and they will answer pretty openly for most things. If you are interested, then follow it further, if it is not for you, then just forget it. There will be no one hounding you for an answer of what you would like to do. You should know in yeour heart if it is for you or not. Masonry is not for everyone, but it was the right fit for me in this world.

Masonry is not Anti-Catholic. We believe in a supreme being. That is all. We are a group of men that have the same overall belief. Religion and Politics are not allowed to be discussed in the meetings.

I am sure you will hear many things, but just do what you feel. Good luck with your decision in this. If you have any questions, please feel free to U2U me, I will try to help out with some answers.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Freemason Watch is a website that is run by Trolls for Trolls and read by Trolls. It goes out of its way to attack Freemasonry and does so in a way that is unfair. The people who run this wicked website know nothing about Freemasonry and have their own agenda to follow. If there is anything that is good about this evil website it is that many people become Freemasons after reading it.

Brother Gerard P/M 1316 SC.

[edit on 6-10-2004 by Gerard]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The person who runs freemasonrywatch is also a member of ATS. He posts on the "secret society" board, too.

[edit on 6-10-2004 by LTD602]

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Please, everyone go to Freemasonry Watch and make up your own mind.

Please visit the forum, discussion room. Its wonderful , plenty of people saying Masonic and Oberlisk, and Goats and inteligent conversation like that.

Subject like :

Bush & Kerry: The Occult Election!

Black Masons vote to Masonic Love Hug White Masons

Is Brother Joe a Crossdresser Mason?

At work the Freemason men wearing the striped shirts which is red or blue. What is the meaning of that

Christians and Freemasons are Satanists...

Wonderful stuff. I am sure you will like it. So anyone quoting FW just go see.

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus
What do you guys think?

From what I understand they'd be more than happy to talk.

Why the angry face at the top?

echelon
but why a catholic fraternity?

Why don't you ask them? They are a charitable org too no? WHy shouldn't they be involved. Do you have some problem catholics?

tgsoe
Yes, but the Pope was killed in similar fasion as was described on FMW wasn't he?

You just said that there was no autopsy, so how could the method of death be known, let alone it be known that he was killed rather than died? I believe thats called an 'internal inconsistency' in the story.

[edit on 6-10-2004 by Nygdan]

bod

posted on Oct, 6 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus
What do you guys think?

Originally posted by Nygdan
From what I understand they'd be more than happy to talk.

Yep - or look up the number in the 'phone book, have a chat and do it that way. Most freemasons are more than happy to talk about freemasonry to those who are genuinely interested.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gerard
Freemason Watch is a website that is run by Trolls

I'm surprised the Masons allow such dirt to be spread about thier holy order.
I bet the people who join with sinister or mercinary motives are surprised to find out they can't do all that stuff.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by billmcelligott
Please, everyone go to Freemasonry Watch and make up your own mind.

Please visit the forum, discussion room. Its wonderful , plenty of people saying Masonic and Oberlisk, and Goats and inteligent conversation like that.

Subject like :

Bush & Kerry: The Occult Election!

Black Masons vote to Masonic Love Hug White Masons

Is Brother Joe a Crossdresser Mason?

At work the Freemason men wearing the striped shirts which is red or blue. What is the meaning of that

Christians and Freemasons are Satanists...

Wonderful stuff. I am sure you will like it. So anyone quoting FW just go see.

What about the main content of the site, not the forums but the the stuff about Masonary. What do you think of that that stuff? As a Mason do you think that absolutaly everything in the main site content is wrong or lies?
As i dont know very much about Masonary, i was curious as to what you thought about the info presented there, the forums aside.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LTD602
The person who runs freemasonrywatch is also a member of ATS. He posts on the "secret society" board, too.

[edit on 6-10-2004 by LTD602]

Could i ask how you know that? Did the person contact you and tell you he was the person who runs that website?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join