It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have a glass of PUS, and wear a Milk mustache today,

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Have a glass of PUS, and wear a PUS mustache today,

All I can say is uck, and where is the cream for my coffee.

I would like to hear an opinion from our Medical people on ATS about this Pus / and other things in the milk,

Fact or Fiction?

Is it a concern ?

Pus in milk?

A dairy cow filters ten-thousand quarts of blood through her udder each day and uses dead white blood cells (somatic cells) to manufacture her milk.

These dead cells are pus cells. Dairy scientists are aware that when one quart of milk is tainted with 400 million or more pus cells, some 35% of the milking cows in the herd are infected with mastitis. Udders bleed, discharges, including bacteria and blood drip into the milk.
more

THE MILK LETTER : A MESSAGE TO MY PATIENTS

Robert M. Kradjian, MD
Breast Surgery Chief Division of General Surgery,
Seton Medical Centre #302 - 1800 Sullivan Ave.
Daly City, CA 94015 USA

Excerpts

IS ALL MILK THE SAME?

Consider for a moment, if it was possible, to drink the milk of a mammal other than a cow, let's say a rat.

Or perhaps the milk of a dog would be more to your liking. Possibly some horse milk or cat milk.

Do you get the idea? Well, I'm not serious about this, except to suggest that human milk is for human infants, dogs' milk is for pups, cows' milk is for calves, cats' milk is for kittens, and so forth.

Clearly, this is the way nature intends it. Just use your own good judgement on this one.

LEUKEMIA? LYMPHOMA? THIS MAY BE THE WORST--BRACE YOURSELF!

I hate to tell you this, but the bovine leukemia virus is found in more than three of five dairy cows in the United States! This involves about 80% of dairy herds.

Unfortunately, when the milk is pooled, a very large percentage of all milk produced is contaminated (90 to 95 per cent).
Of course the virus is killed in pasteurisation--if the pasteurisation was done correctly.

What if the milk is raw?

In a study of randomly collected raw milk samples the bovine leukemia virus was recovered from two-thirds.

I sincerely hope that the raw milk dairy herds are carefully monitored when compared to the regular herds. (Science 1981; 213:1014).

If the bovine leukemia viruses causes human leukemia, we could expect the dairy states with known leukemic herds to have a higher incidence of human leukemia.

Is this so?

Unfortunately, it seems to be the case! Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, Minnesota and Wisconsin have statistically
higher incidence of leukemia than the national average.

In Russia and in Sweden, areas with uncontrolled bovine leukemia virus have been linked with increases in human leukemia. I am also told that veterinarians have higher rates of leukemia than the general public. Dairy farmers have significantly elevated leukemia rates.

Recent research shows lymphocytes from milk fed to neonatal mammals gains access to bodily tissues by passing directly through the
intestinal wall. More

Source: www.notmilk.com...

Dangers Of Milk And Dairy Products

The Pus-Bacteria Moustache Marketing Milk & Disease

[edit on 24/10/2004 by Sauron]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Man, that is seriously NASTY....... Good thing i'm Lactose intolerent and can't ingest dairy...and after reading that I never will.....

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
My faimly doesnt eat Dairy products just for that reason! I dont know what I miss most, Rocky road Ice cream, or Sharp jalipeno chedder?!

edit: Also, there are growth hormones in milk as well. They are injected into the cow to make them produce more milk, and it appears in the milk as well.

[edit on 10/23/04 by Kidfinger]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Sauron, its worse than that. I grew up on a dairy farm, I know. I will not permit dairy products in my house, nor do I allow my children to consume them. Since I quit dairy, my medical complaints have disappeared. Quitting isn't enough; something has to take the place of the milk. Study recipes for homemade horchatas, traditional corn tortillas made with 'cal', bean milks (broths), and 'greens' salads. Think native; modern 'stuf' like bottled soybean milk may be problematic. And spray your salad greens and fruits with hydrogen peroxide before washing and cutting; you'd be shocked what's on there under the microscope. Thanks for bringing this up.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Everything causes cancer these days. I'm surprised we're not just big walking balls of cancer.

Try some Amish cheese- good stuff minus the modern machienery. I don't think I could give up dairy.

The bravest man in the world was the one that first drank cow's milk.

BTW, is that breast cancer surgery guy a real doctor? Where did this letter come from?

LL1

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Well I guess the marketing crew on Madison Ave. should change
their marketing pitch now to:
Got Pus...

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The problem with standard milk is the same with most farm products, its filled with tons of added things like hormones and anti-biotics.

There is nothing wrong with milk. Humans have been drinking animal milk for thousands of years, the problem is with how we mass produce it now by pumping cows full of drugs.

Personally I EXPECT pus to be in my milk (yes I drink it). Pus is made up of various body fluids and white blood cells. I also eat meat and therefor have no problem with pus in milk. Humans have been eating just about any part of an animal you can imagine for a long time.

I just don't find it gross to eat organic things be it pus, blood, brains or any other part of a plant or animal.

As long as you can get organic food, the human body is made to eat it. (With exceptions for intollerances and allergies)

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
Sauron, its worse than that. I grew up on a dairy farm, I know. I will not permit dairy products in my house, nor do I allow my children to consume them. Since I quit dairy, my medical complaints have disappeared. Quitting isn't enough; something has to take the place of the milk. Study recipes for homemade horchatas, traditional corn tortillas made with 'cal', bean milks (broths), and 'greens' salads. Think native; modern 'stuf' like bottled soybean milk may be problematic. And spray your salad greens and fruits with hydrogen peroxide before washing and cutting; you'd be shocked what's on there under the microscope. Thanks for bringing this up.

I used to live in tucson and I LOVE horchatas! To be totally honest with you, milk has never caused me any problems and I will probably not stop drinking it...unless you can enlighten me.

LL1

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Could you kindly explain this:

"I just don't find it gross to eat organic things be it pus, blood,
brains or any other part of a plant or animal.
"

These can be organic?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
Could you kindly explain this:

"I just don't find it gross to eat organic things be it pus, blood,
brains or any other part of a plant or animal.
"

These can be organic?

Exactly, if you dont eat plant or animal...what exactly do you eat?

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacramilk has never caused me any problems and I will probably not stop drinking it...unless you can enlighten me.

Gaa... you ask for enlightenment. Please study. Your life depends on what you eat. And drink. The milk industry CAN'T tell you the truth about milk. The problems milk drinking causes are insidious, rather like smoking. Nothing really bad happens, until its too late. We almost all show symptoms of chronic or episodic gastrointestinal inflammation (diarrhea, fatigue, alergy, upset stomach) but we accept it as 'normal'. The symptoms are due to bacteria, fungus, viruses, myobacterium avium paratuberculosis and so on from milk- and poor sanitation and hygeine. Chemicals, disinfectants, hormones, and antibiotics are raising havoc in other ways. The site www.notmilk.com... is worth a look, especially if you have kids. By the way, our cows all had diarrhea just like the neighbors cows, all the time. We lived in it, tons of it. Imagine cleaning your car's tailpipe good enough to eat off of twice a day. Now do that for the hundreds of cars lined up in front of you at rush hour. Now go figure if our hundreds of cow's teats were spotless, sterile and healthy 100% of the time day after day. How do you keep milk pipes, tanks and tankers spotless without chemical cleaning residues? Pasteurization is not 100% effective (that's why it rots in a week). Visit a real farm. I dare you. Cows do not die of old age. Meat is clean compared to milk. I think someone on topic was taliking about eating cesos (brains). Don't do it, prions are not destroyed by cooking (mad cow/elk/deer disease). If you like milk, you'll love potting soil as a condiment. BTW I make frozen juice bars now instead of ice cream. Hey, we need a deadhead smiley for these cheerful topics! How about a new topic looking at tap water issues (chloramine, trihalomethane, microbes and toxins...)? Got Weaned?

[edit on 23-10-2004 by Chakotay]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
Well I guess the marketing crew on Madison Ave. should change
their marketing pitch now to:
Got Pus...

thats funny

Odd

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
and while you're at it, have a bowl of SENSATIONALISM!

don't worry about this sort of thing. vegetarians will go to any end.

[edit on 10/24/2004 by Odd]

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay

Originally posted by Simulacramilk has never caused me any problems and I will probably not stop drinking it...unless you can enlighten me.

Gaa... you ask for enlightenment. Please study. Your life depends on what you eat. And drink. The milk industry CAN'T tell you the truth about milk. The problems milk drinking causes are insidious, rather like smoking. Nothing really bad happens, until its too late. We almost all show symptoms of chronic or episodic gastrointestinal inflammation (diarrhea, fatigue, alergy, upset stomach) but we accept it as 'normal'. The symptoms are due to bacteria, fungus, viruses, myobacterium avium paratuberculosis and so on from milk- and poor sanitation and hygeine. Chemicals, disinfectants, hormones, and antibiotics are raising havoc in other ways. The site www.notmilk.com... is worth a look, especially if you have kids. By the way, our cows all had diarrhea just like the neighbors cows, all the time. We lived in it, tons of it. Imagine cleaning your car's tailpipe good enough to eat off of twice a day. Now do that for the hundreds of cars lined up in front of you at rush hour. Now go figure if our hundreds of cow's teats were spotless, sterile and healthy 100% of the time day after day. How do you keep milk pipes, tanks and tankers spotless without chemical cleaning residues? Pasteurization is not 100% effective (that's why it rots in a week). Visit a real farm. I dare you. Cows do not die of old age. Meat is clean compared to milk. I think someone on topic was taliking about eating cesos (brains). Don't do it, prions are not destroyed by cooking (mad cow/elk/deer disease). If you like milk, you'll love potting soil as a condiment. BTW I make frozen juice bars now instead of ice cream. Hey, we need a deadhead smiley for these cheerful topics! How about a new topic looking at tap water issues (chloramine, trihalomethane, microbes and toxins...)? Got Weaned?

For some reason I can't access the site. However not drinking milk is like following the same logistics as...say...the Atkin's diet. If you are not going to eat carbs than you are more than welcomed to choose from a variety of poisons. Of course you will stay healthy and fit, but you may increase your risk of dying of some heart numbing cardiovascular disease. In my eyes, not drinking milk goes along the same guise. It may be more logical to not drink something that is filled with certain bacteria, but what about the positive aspects of milk? Drinking milk and dairy products has been a staple of western culture for hundreds of years, why 'fix something that is not broken'?

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Wow...I never thought I'd see the day I'd hear any such thing come from the lips of an MD. Having worked for numerous Naturopathic Doctors and a Doctor of Traditional Chinese Medicine for over a decade...I've heard and seen alot in this regard, among other things...from holistic practitioners and patients alike.

If there's anything I've learned for myself, it's this: use moderation, be informed, and know your limits.

Aside from dairy being thought to cause leukemia, there's also a theory that grains cause it via fungus from sitting in silos for months on end. I'm only mentioning this because it indicates that there's something very wrong in the way our food supplies are handled. Whether it be dairy or grains or whatever...there's a problem somewhere...and it's making us sick.

I too am glad that I'm lactose intolerant and am very allergic to wheat and other processed grains.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I stop drinking milk a few years ago because of this website, though I still use it for my coffee

external image
Link works fine

Casein the fountain of mucus

Florence Griffith Joyner (Flo Jo) died with finger marks on
her throat, evidence of how, in her final moments of life,
she had choked herself, gasping for precious breath. She had
no chance to survive. The bronchioles of her lungs were
filled with mucus, and on his autopsy report, the coroner
described her internal organs as "acutely congested."

Flo Jo's last meal was pizza. Fifteen hours after ingesting
that mozzarella cheese, a brick-sized lump (250 cubic
centimeters) remained undigested in her stomach, causing
systemic distress and congestion.

The autopsy revealed:

"Kidneys: Section shows marked acute congestion...the
pyramids of the kidneys are congested."

Kidney congestion was not the cause of Flo Jo's death. It
was merely one of many symptoms of cheese consumption. Flo
Jo tested positive for one over-the-counter drug in her
system, Benadryl, an anti-histamine. Eighty percent of milk
protein is casein. Casein triggers histamine production,
which in turn, triggers mucus production. Flo Jo choked to
death on the internal secretion of her own thick, viscous
body fluids.

Growth Hormone

IGF-1

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
For some reason, the university has blocked that website and ONLY that site. Maybe it is a conspiracy??

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I was drinking two gallons of milk a week when I began to realize that I was lactose intolerant. I did this for a couple of years and for those two years, I was so sick that I asked my MD if it was possible that I could have a fatal disease and still be getting a clean bill of health from my physicals.

We talked about it for a while and we decided that I would not drink milk for a week. It was evident within two days that milk was the problem.

I still love dairy products, but naturally, I have to be very careful. I can only have a little cheese or a some cream soup or some ice cream once in a while and then I have to take the lactase supplement.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Call me nuts if you like, but I haven't drank milk since I was old enough to "just say no". I refuse to drink something that dripped off the bottom of a cow. Yes, I eat cheese from time to time, but not that often. I do eat a lot of green veggies and meat. I am very much alive and amazingly healthy considering what I have done to my body in various accidents/injuries.
I see know reason to buy into the "Got Milk" crap, and have long been leary of the milk marketing.
Sauron, Chak, I'm with y'all.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

We talked about it for a while and we decided that I would not drink milk for a week. It was evident within two days that milk was the problem.

You don't know how fortunate you were to have had an MD who was open to the idea that the milk might have been the problem. That's not the norm at all. I met so many people who were terrified to eliminate dairy from their diets because their MD's scared them silly into believing that if they didn't consume a certain amount of dairy on a daily basis that their health would suffer as a result. Fortunately though we were able to convince most people to at least give it a try for a few days just to see the difference...and of course more often than not their problems were resolved and they were delighted to find out that they weren't dying after all!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join