It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 2004 U.S. PRESIDENTIAL VOTE RESULTS!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
The results are in, all forums are reporting their counts, and the ATS 2004 U.S. Presidential election was an amazing surprise for all us election watchers. First, the popular vote: Kerry/Edwards: 378 votes, 43.45% Bush/Cheney: 269 votes, 30.92% Badnarik/Campagna: 157 votes, 18.05% Cobb/LaMarch: 33 votes, 3.79% Nader/Camejo: 31 votes, 3.56% Of just those voting for the top two candidates, 647 votes were cast, with a solid 58.4% going to Kerry/Edwards for a win. The forum-by-forum ATS Electoral College wasn't as close as the popular vote. Bush pulled well in some of the high post-count areas such as Introductions and Board Questions, with a surprise win in the hotly contested swing forum of Political Debate. But Kerry held solid ground in other swing forums such as Really Above Top Secret, Website-Related, the entire Scientific Region, and a surprise win in the Predictions & Prophecies forum. The big surprise was a strong Libertarian showing, eclipsing the supposed "Nader Spoiler" by a wide margin. Thanks to a very impressive interview here on ATS, more members became exposed to the Libertarian platform, and Badnarik, and a solid 18.05% of the popular vote swung his way. Thank you all voters for making this an amazing preview.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
OH YES!

Victory 2004.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
YES!

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I wonder how the real elections will work out

Glad Kerry won on ATS though

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Awesome job guys, for those of us that voted

18% for Badnarik is surprising!

I'm interested in how exactly we got the "electoral college" vote in the different forums?? Was that based upon the collective individual voters' presense in the forums?

[edit on 10/18/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
So Badnarik won Guest Speaker (obviously), Campaign 2004 issues (obviously), Meical Issues and Conspiracy, and some forum that I never see on my computer. Hey, it's a start.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hopefuly the republicans will get owned on the real election day too. Glad to see kerry won.

Edit- I'll bet all of the republicans will start complaining about how they're a minority at ATS and how they're outnumbered.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by Slayer]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
mwahahaha!!
Bush got pwned!!

Very interesting results indeed.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I think our elections this year are going to leave many people surprised, I think is not going to be any doubts as to who is going to be the winner and the loser.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

I'm interested in how exactly we got the "electoral college" vote in the different forums?? Was that based upon the collective individual voters' presense in the forums?

Thats what I want to know. Im not sure I understand how that worked.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Good stuff!

But weren't "polling stations" closing Wednesday?

Controversy! Republicans demand that polling stations be reopened! This was rigged!

LOL.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I think the voters were checked into a category and their level of posts in one category is cross referenced with that.

Either that or it's just a bit of fun.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Either that or it's just a bit of fun.

That answer sounds about right

SO was furious at the turnout...A nice little joke would be the perfect Ap�ritif

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
the results are just like i expected. But Bush is going to win in the real vote

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard

exactly the opposite

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Badnarik 18%

If we could get even half of that in the real world you would see a change in government if for no other reason than the big two scrambling to try to get those votes.

On a similar note, voting started today here in Arkansas and I have already voted

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

exactly the opposite

KrazyIvan predicts:

Kerry/Edwards: 378 votes, 3.56%
Bush/Cheney: 269 votes, 3.79%
Badnarik/Campagna: 157 votes, 18.05%
Cobb/LaMarch: 33 votes, 3.79% 30.92%
Nader/Camejo: 31 votes, 3.56% 43.35%

A brave and interesting call, friend!

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I think these results were rigged !

Deep

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Curses, now members can only post when they get U.N approval.

Well, I must say this is still great considering Badnarik got 18%

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Here is the true problem;

Of just those voting for the top two candidates, 647 votes were cast, with a solid 58.4% going to Kerry/Edwards for a win.

No offence to SO or anyone else in the Admin of ATS but it seems that it's only "JC" (journalistically correct) to speak of the two major parties and how many voted for whom while disregarding the rest of the people doing the voting and the overall results.
Why does the third party candidate always get the afterthought coverage?
Why did NONE of the networks even cover the arrest of Badnarik at the debate?

Most importantly...

Is ATS becoming "mainstream" media that will follow the same rules as the rest of THEM?

[edit on 18-10-2004 by Fry2]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join