It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

interesting, to say the least.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
i'm not really sure where i should be posting this... mods, if you feel it's in the wrong place, by all means, please relocate it for me...

i just got home from work and was looking thru my email and can across this one from my aunt. (i am not sure if this has turned into a chain letter yet, just bare with me if you've already seen this). if you haven't, you should find the last bit interesting...

IRAQ - DID YOU KNOW?

1 The garden of Eden was in Iraq.

2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!

3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.

4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq

5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq!

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq.

7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.

8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.

9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel.

10. Amos cried out in Iraq!

11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.

12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq!

13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in Iraq also as the fourth person in the fiery furnace!)

14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq.

15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.

16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq.

17. The wise men were from Iraq.

18. Peter preached in Iraq.

19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon,which was a city in Iraq!

And you have probably seen this one. Israel is the nation most often
mentioned in the Bible. But do you know which nation is second? It is Iraq!
However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible. The names used in
the Bible are Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia. The word
Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris
and Euphrates Rivers. The name Iraq, means country with deep roots.

Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible.

No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated it than Iraq.

And also... This is something to think about! Since America is typically represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages...

The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)

Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands
of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more
rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and
there was peace.

(Note the verse number!) Hmmmmmmm?!

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Hm......this is a new one to me, never heard this paticular rumor. Who started it?

The other facts about Iraq are pretty correct, as far as biblical refrences to the area. it is mentioned quite often, Babylon being wicked and evil and a symbol of satan. but then again, one must remeber the jews werent to pleased about the babylonians defeating them, sacking jerusalem, destroying their temple, and hauling them all off as Captives. So, needless to say, when the Jews wrote the bible, they didnt have to many nice things to say about the place.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands
of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more
rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and
there was peace.

(Note the verse number!) Hmmmmmmm?!

Wow I have never heard of this, but wow that is one big coincidence (unless it really means something:puz
So what is that verse trying to say anyways (assuming that you were right about the eagle and so forth)? Is it trying to say that America would go into the Middle East (already happened, duh),but then what would we do. By the looks of it we're not doin such a good job of "cleansing the land", or creating peace.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Chilling information.

I'm not sure what to think, Quran suras are usually very elusive and disorderly. So this could mean anything.

The Quran is organized from the longest sura all the way to the shortest (except the Fatawa, the opening prayer)

But the Quran is outdated just like any other holy book.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I just checked my Quran and that passage is actually wrong.

Sura 9 : Bara'ah
Revelation : 11

[9:11] If they repent and observe the Contact Prayers (Salat) and give the obligatory charity (Zakat), then they are your brethren in religion. We thus explain the revelations for people who know.

[edit on 11/7/2004 by Simulacra]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Bogus
but the Quran will explain why muslims kill
the 9th sura is one of ther last it is unabrogoated and it stands for all time

9.10. With regard to a believer, they respect not the ties, either of kinship or of covenant! It is they who are the transgressors.

9.11. But if they repent, perform As-Sal�t (Iq�mat-as-Sal�t) and give Zak�t, then they are your brethren in religion. (In this way) We explain the Ay�t (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) in detail for a people who know.

9.12. But if they violate their oaths after their covenant, and attack your religion with disapproval and criticism then fight (you) the leaders of disbelief (chiefs of Quraish - pagans of Makkah) - for surely their oaths are nothing to them - so that they may stop (evil actions).

9.13. Will you not fight a people who have violated their oaths (pagans of Makkah) and intended to expel the Messenger, while they did attack you first? Do you fear them? All�h has more right that you should fear Him, if you are believers.

9.14. Fight against them so that All�h will punish them by your hands and disgrace them and give you victory over them and heal the breasts of a believing people,

9.15. And remove the anger of their (believers') hearts. All�h accepts the repentance of whom He wills. All�h is All-Knowing, All-Wise.

www.road-to-heaven.com...

9.111. Verily, All�h has purchased of the believers their lives and their properties; for the price that theirs shall be the Paradise. They fight in All�h's Cause, so they kill (others) and are killed. It is a promise in truth which is binding on Him in the Taur�t (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel) and the Qur'�n. And who is truer to his covenant than All�h? Then rejoice in the bargain which you have concluded. That is the supreme success .

new topics

top topics

join