It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Iran Rejects Deal to End Uranium Enrichment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Iran has rejected the EU"s proposal for supplying them with nuclear fuel before the offer could even be formally made. The EU"s offer was in an effort to prevent Tehran from continuing their own enrichment program that the US claims is in an effort to develop nuclear weapons.

reuters.myway.com< br /> TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran said on Saturday it would reject any proposal to halt uranium enrichment, a step European Union diplomats are proposing to end a row over whether Iran is seeking atomic weapons.

EU diplomats have said they are seeking U.S. and Russian support for a deal that would ask Iran to give up uranium enrichment in return for technical and economic assistance.

"Any proposal which deprives Iran of its legitimate right to a fuel cycle is not acceptable," Hossein Mousavian, Iran"s head of foreign policy on the Supreme National Security Council, told state television.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Iran is determined to become a nuclear self-sufficient state. They have their own domestic sources of uranium ore, from which they plan to control the full cycle of production. Many offers have been made to Iran to provide them with nuclear fuel, including offers from Russia.

The US administration has consistently maintained that the purpose of Iran"s programs are to develop a nuclear weapons.

Related News Links:
www.jpost.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
NEWS: "We"re done:" Iran reactor ready despite 2-year delay claim
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Well I gotta tell you something - I am completely surprised by their rejection

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I detect a hint of sarcasm there Megalodon....

But anyhow, are not Iran allowed to enrich under the provisions of the NPT? Why is it America is continuing with its posturing?

Its like telling your neighbour he cant have a Jaguar, not because he isnt allowed too, but just because you don't want him too...

join