It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Famous British Murder Mystery Reopened

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
One of Britain's most famous murder mysteries involving the disappearance 30 years ago of one known as "dashing Lord Lucan", now has had the case reopened by detectives, despite a 1999 declaration by the High Court that Lucan is officially dead, Scotland Yard is reopening the case. The Lucan case has been a popular topic of discussion since shortly after the finding of his children's nanny who was bludgeoned to death and his wife beaten with a lead pipe. Lucan went missing just days later..

ABCNEWS.com Full Article

LONDON Oct. 16, 2004 � Detectives have reopened an investigation into one of Britain's most famous murder mysteries: the disappearance 30 years ago of the dashing Lord Lucan days after his children's nanny was bludgeoned to death and his wife beaten with a lead pipe.

Debate on Lucan's fate has been a popular national pastime since he vanished, leaving behind a bloodstained car near the English coast.

Some say the aristocrat drowned himself in the English Channel, others believe he fled abroad to live under an assumed identity.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This case has been food for speculation among the people of europe for many years. Many have claimed they have seen Lucan, and there are many stories about this man who many now believe is dead.

Why only now is the case reopened?

Only time will tell.

Related News Link:

Police relaunch inquiry into Lord Lucan case

Related Web Site:

LordLucan.com

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This story reads like Sherlock Holmes novel, very intersting I think the man did not killed himself but just ran away.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Or that our government or royalty is or was keeping him in hiding after all he was a lord and respected and would have friends to help him out at the time of need.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Interesting article, this story is sure to wind up on "Mystery!". There's even a web site about this guy.

If he's still alive, as the son seems to believe, his days of freedom are surely numbered with all this 'new' publicity. ( Lady Lucan really soundl like a peach don't she. Wheww--not to condone murder..... But I do feel for her children.)

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
hehe, I used to be told the story of this when I was a kid. It is indeed a case which buried itself into the conciousness of the UK, not least because many believe it was a conspiracy by the Royal Family and government to cover up the murders up by making it look like he'd committed suicide.

Sightings of him have become a national past time since the murders happened hehe, I remember on a documentary a few years ago the last known place he was spotted was South Africa, but the investigating team missed him by a few days.

Who knows what the truth is...
It's one of them though, you almost don't want it to be solved so that everyone can continue with the did he/didn't he? Where? e.t.c. I don't think any answer would be satisfying now after so long, unless he turned out to be the devil himself...a bit like Jack the Ripper really.

top topics

join