It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E.T. Relics Anyone read any more about this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

I found this interesting, but we are coming up on a year and no update.

[Edited on 28-4-2003 by -WolfsBlood-]

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Sounds very interesting, really wish I was there and could be part of the expedition.

Estragon, dont suppose you could pull a few strings and get me on as the expedition geologist could you?

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
No one has heard anything?

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
english.peopledaily.com.cn...

A picture.

[Edited on 24-8-2003 by Zzub]

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I find this fascinating! Aleins? or maybe past civilization? I remember being on the Island of Malta and around some of the monoliths are what one could call narrow gauge rail way tracks. They are in some instances about 6 inches deep and lead off into the sea. I had thought that they were placed there during WW2, since Malta was under attack almost all of the time, to transport ammunition to coastel guns. I talked to some of the archeoligists working there, they told me that they were a mystery, apparently the Greeks, Romans and who ever occupier at the time had also mentioned them. I did some research on these and found several web sites which mentioned them, it seems they predated history! Amazing what indicators of past civilizations or alien visitation are just laying about!

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 02:27 AM
link   
This is amazing.
Looking forward to hear more about it.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Local legend has it that a space craft crashed there a long time ago. The EBE's were driven to the foot of the mountain by hostile locals.

They found caves and manipulated them with some form of cutting tool. Eventually, the EBE's managed to coexist with the locals. Im doing a search now, will post some links soon.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Trader, I think your tying this into the "Dropa" legend. But I am not sure if the two sites are related. Try a search under Dropa Stones, which in itself, is a very interesting theory.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 04:20 AM
link   
A search on google comes up with nothing new about the story, perhaps the archaeologist stumbled upon something that they weren't supposed to see. It's been over a year since they announced the search of the area.

But that isn't the only mystery pyramid. There are a couple in a military protected area in Xianyang in the Shaanxi province.

This site has more info on ancient chinese pyramids with some pictures
www.lauralee.com...
travel.enorth.com.cn...

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The dropa stones.

Chi Pu Tei, a professor of archaeology at Beijing University, was leading some his students on an expedition to survey a series of interlinking caves in the Himalayan mountains. According to one account, the caves may have been artificially carved, and were more like a complex system of tunnels and underground storerooms. The walls were squared and glazed, as if cut into the mountain with a source of extreme heat. Inside the caves were several ancient, but neatly arranged burial sites, and in them the skeletal remains of a strange people. The skeletons, measuring a little more than four feet tall, were frail and spindly with disproportionately large skulls. At first. it was suggested by a member of the team that these might be the remains of an unknown species of mountain gorilla. Professor Chi Pu Tei is reputed to have responded, "Who ever heard of apes burying one another?" Yet, what kind of human was this?

More discoveries made further in the caves all but ruled out the idea that these were apes. On the walls were carved pictograms of the heavens: the sun, the moon, the stars, and the Earth with lines of dots connecting them. Then the team made the most incredible discovery of all. Half-buried in the dirt floor of the cave was an odd stone disk, obviously fashioned by the hand of an intelligent creature. The disk was approximately nine inches in diameter and three-quarters of an inch thick. In the exact center was a perfectly round, 3/4" hole, and etched in its face was a fine groove spiraling out from the center to the rim, making the disk look for all the world like some kind of primitive phonograph record

Images here:

paranormal.about.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
From the Embassy of the Peoples Republic of China in Australia:

Tibetan Relics Unearthed Along Qinghai-Tibet Railway

Archeologists have unearthed 37 groups of Tibetan relics along the Qinghai-Tibet Railway.
The relics, including stoneware, tombs and military watchtowers, provided important clues for the study of ancient Tibetan culture, said Huo Wei, director of the Tibet Studies Institute of Sichuan University, who participated in the field work.

A large-scale sacrificial relics site excavated in Nagqu County was the first finding of its kind in the Tibet Autonomous Region and stoneware found in Damxung County was the largest batch of its kind ever found in Tibet, Huo said.

These findings would help explain ancient Tibetan existence, said Zhang Jianlin, a researcher with Shaanxi Research Institute of Cultural Heritage and Archeology. For example, stoneware for hunting and farming was discovered for the first time at an altitude of 4,900 meters, indicating ancient Tibetans might have lived at a high altitude of around 5,000 meters.

Sacrificial relics also revealed more about Tibetan primitive religion. According to historical records, Tibetans once believed in a primitive religion before Buddhism entered Tibet and worshipped natural spirits like sacred stones, lakes, megaliths and woods.

Archeologists found a megalith circle with a diameter of 3.7 meters near a lake in Amdo County, which is believed to have been used for lake worship.

Archeologists also found in Lhasa a burial area with several big tombs in the center with over ten hummock graves forming two wings, which scientists believe may provide more clues to ancient Tibetan culture in the valley area.

(Xinhua News Agency June 23, 2003)

www.chinaembassy.org.au...

While this isn't directly related, it was the most recent news article I could find with reference to the same area.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I thought the Dropa had pretty much been debunked...

In any case, on this one, every single reference I've found in searching seems to be the same exact same article...suspiscious....even with a CNN story...they might have been duped, or a serious cover-up....

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   
so was there ever anymore information about this?

top topics

join