It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Nobel Laureate, Wangari Maathai, Claims AIDS an Engineered Disease

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Wangari Maathai, the first African woman Nobel Peace Price winner, repeated her claims that the AIDS virus is an engineered biologic agent. The African continent experiences nearly two-thirds of global deaths associated with the AIDS virus (according to UNIADS estimates).

www.abc.net.au "Some say that AIDS came from the monkeys, and I doubt that because we have been living with monkeys (since) time immemorial, others say it was a curse from God, but I say it cannot be that. "Us black people are dying more than any other people in this planet," Ms Maathai told a press conference in Nairobi a day after winning the prize for her work in human rights and reversing deforestation across Africa. "It"s true that there are some people who create agents to wipe out other people. If there were no such people, we could have not have invaded Iraq," she said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
In Kenya, Maathai has been classified as subversive and the target of government violence. The first environmental campaigner to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, has always claimed that "things like AIDS don"t come from the moon." Related News Links: www.smh.com.au www.time.com Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads: Do you think Aids is a virus created by some government? AIDS" True Terror AIDS a lie? HIV/AIDS Conspiracy

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I must agree with her. If you watched some of Alex Jones' (infowars) documentaries about AIDS and where it came from, he says some very enlightening stuff about the man-made disease.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
After reading quotes attributed to Ms. Maathai, I can't help but think her remarks are suspect. She appears to be a militant racist as well as a secular extremist. She clearly has an agenda.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If this is true, and AIDS is in fact an "engineered biologic agent" then whoever engineered it must have an antidote or cure!

Of course AIDS is the result of HIV.. Not the other way around.

HIV would have had to have been engineered unless of course you could just skip HIV and infect people with AIDS.. In some humans infected with HIV it can take years to turn into AIDS.

[edit on 10-10-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
While I don't agree with her assessment - I understand it. She has seen a plague overtake her continent and is helpless to do a thing about it.

As an ecologist I would have thought she would make the connection between deforestation and emerging diseases. Look at the increase in frequency of Ebola and other outbreaks over the last 20 years. The best thing about Ebola is that it burns itself out rather quickly where HIV stews over years. This in itself gave HIV the time to establish a foothold in humans.

Consequences of Deforestation

[edit on 10/10/04 by Bleys]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
There are so many scientists out there that have been making this claim for years. I believe it was a man made virus. We would all be suprised by what our governments have cooked up in the labs. Thet have spliced many types of virus with one another to creat the perfect bioweapon. They do such a good job at it that if they were to release any of them it would equal doom to the human race. There probably is a cure somewhere for hiv/aids.. Anyone know if "Magic Johnson" still has HIV or did it progress to AIDS or did he go into remission? I'm sure the cure is all about your stack of cash and popularity.
I don't understand how the Doctor's statement should be suspect? It is her people that are dying right? I feel she has every right to speak out about her suspicions as to the fact it was bio-engineered. Maybe the scientists that created it will one day feel the need to come forward and admit the fact it was man made if they havent already been silenced eternally if you catch my drift.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Was there not a rash of Bio Engineers turning up dead?

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
IIRC, the idea that AIDS was a man-made virus was a KGB propaganda ploy that was quite successful in the Third World. A few people latched on to it, saw connections where there none, and well....a lie repeated often enough becomes the truth.

I've heard of dead microbiologists before, but I haven't actually seen any proof that the deaths are more than to be expected. I mean, people die all the time. If you are specifically looking for the deaths of scientists, then of course they're going to look like alot. I bet lots of garbage men and school teachers are dying aroudn the world daily as well.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Here's a few sources.

Source 1

Cold War Propaganda: Some theorists argue the Soviet Union planted disinformation suggesting the CIA or other agencies created AIDS, in a plot to destabilize the Western world. They believe this claim was originally disseminated in the West by KGB agents seeking to undermine the faith of citizens in their own government (see: propaganda, black propaganda, disinformation). According to KGB defector Vasili [Mitrokhin], the KGB originated the claim through an East German physicist, Jacob Segal, in the mid 1980s (see the Mitrokhin Archive, 1999 page 319). Mikhail Gorbachev once purportedly stated his regrets that the KGB had planted and actively supported such stories in the Western world.

Source 2

Some conspiracy theorists believe the claim that AIDS was created by scientists to be false and to have originated from a communist Cold War plot to destabilize the Western world. They believe this claim was originally disseminated in the West by KGB agents seeking to undermine the faith of citizens in their own government (see: propaganda, black propaganda, disinformation). Mikhail Gorbachev once purportedly said that he felt sorry the KGB had planted and actively supported such stories in the Western world.

[edit on 10-10-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntelRetard
Was there not a rash of Bio Engineers turning up dead?

There has been about 8 scientists that have passed away in which their deaths were questionable.
Dead Scientists

And Gazz, to Quote Chris Rock "There's no money in the cure. The money is in the medicine."

Although I feel there is a cure, just imagine how many businesses would go under that are dedicated to 'treating' the disease. Makes me wonder...

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
no way humans are smart enough to have created HIV. Its evolution baby.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
[edit on 10-10-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romeo
no way humans are smart enough to have created HIV. Its evolution baby.

Humans are not smart enough to create HIV? You'd be surprised.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The theory that the AID/HIV virus was created as a form of population control is certainly nothing new, and I myself believe that there is something to it. The AIDS epidemic first surfaced in the US among the homosexual populations of key cities that had been targeted for government vaccination programs. The homosexual population was purposefully targeted since because of their risky sexual behavior, they were perfect candidate to test the effectiveness of this new disease. I also remember reading somewhere that AIDS/HIV was introduced into the African continent again through the use of Humanitarian Vaccination programs.

I don't know why anyone would be surprised the government would do such a thing. Remember how the government infected a whole group of black males with syphilis, using them for medical study basically letting them die slow painful deaths?

[edit on 10-10-2004 by Ocelot]

LL1

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
"Dr. Boyd E. Graves postulates that AIDS was the culmination of biowarfare research conducted by the U.S. Government (and later, by the Soviet government) throughout the 20th century."

"Dr. William C. Douglas, among others, believes that the World Health Organization created the AIDS epidemic by administering contaminated smallpox vaccines to people in third world countries--including African locations--between 1966 and 1977. Dr. Robert Gallo, famous for isolating HIV, lent conditional credence to this theory when he said, "the link between the World Health Organization [vaccination] program and the [AIDS] epidemic in Africa is an interesting and important hypothesis. I cannot say that it actually happened, but I have been saying for some years that the use of live vaccines such as that used for smallpox can activate a dormant infection such as HIV".

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
If this is true, and AIDS is in fact an "engineered biologic agent" then whoever engineered it must have an antidote or cure!

HIV would have had to have been engineered unless of course you could just skip HIV and infect people with AIDS.. In some humans infected with HIV it can take years to turn into AIDS.

There is ample evidence to support her view.
Here is the timeline for the development of the modified virus
www.boydgraves.com...
Having obtained and studied all the documents available, and
having learned through my contacts in Litton Industries that
equipment related to the development process was provided
by one of their divisions, I am convinced that Africa was
targeted for population reduction using the disease method.
For a conspiracy forum I would be surprised if details about
the medical personal who worked for the medical centers
controlled by Elitists of the Club of Rome has not been mentioned
in relation to the tests done on the East and West coast of the
USA involving virus distribution to homosexuals in this country.
Polls have been conducted to explain why the majority populations
of the world have not shown more concern about the atrocities
both among blacks and homosexuals. The finding was that among
the marginalized groups of people in the USA, the average
white male Caucasian holds those two groups in lowest regard.
Thus the reasoning goes that is why they were targeted... first.
Of course this is all just... conspiracy theory... about just another
conspiracy. People who don't believe probably never will unless
authority tells them it is true.

Usually be then it is too late...
here is what another person who discovered, too late, in another time
and another place the evil humans are capable of.. (and so revealing of
human nature to not get involved until it is too late).

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.

Pastor Martin Niem�ller

[edit on 10-10-2004 by mockan]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
You will notice that this Nobel Laureate did not receive her prize for science, just agitation. Someone pointed out that originally it was American male homosexuals who were the most prevalent victims and as a group, homosexuals rejected the assertion by many that the disease was a "gay disease." That demographic has now changed and the disease is ravaging Africa and Asia without regard to sexual orientation, just as it always did. The spread of AIDS is based upon the exchange of certain bodily fluids, which is faciltated by sexual activity.

While medicine is not my field, I have never heard of a virus or any organism or whatever a virus is, that mutates in the manner that the HIV does. We know that rapidly reproducing species, become resistant to insecticides and antibiotics, not so much by mutation as by the effect of killing off the non-resistant leaving only the resistant to reproduce. Mutation of the individual is a factor, but the mutation of the species is made that much more rapid by the introduction of an agent.

In the case of the AIDS virus, it seems that the virus mutates without the artificial introduction of any agent. Therefore, even before a vaccine is perfected, it is rendered obsolete by the mutation of the virus. In the case of treatments to delay the onset of AIDS, the virus strains do show signs of evolution relative to the introductions of those agents.

So, anyway, that's the way I see the epidemic in a nutshell. If anyone can enlighten me further, I would appreciate it.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz

I'm not sure that I understand the point that you're trying to make. HIV is a virus while AIDS is a condition. Syndrome means a group of symptoms. There are a number of bugs and disorders that attack the immune system, so of course there are other ways to destroy the human immune system including exposure to certain substances. The idea that HIV may have been engineered is not far fetched as those who could create such an illness can also easily avoid infection. In other words, they wouldn't need to create a cure. Don't share needles, don't sleep around and don't take blood from a bank and you'll almost certainly never get it.

edit for spelling

[edit on 10-10-2004 by veritas93]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Humans are not smart enough to create HIV? You'd be surprised.

Don't make it sound like you have an insight into this. This is not a weaponised version of an already virulent virus. Humans ARE NOT smart enough to have created it. Now that its here, we may muck around with it to increase its lethality.

[edit on 10-10-2004 by Romeo]

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
You will notice that this Nobel Laureate did not receive her prize for science, just agitation.

I don't agree with this statement. Her work in the science of reforestation cannot simply be discounted. She's a pioneer in the field.

The Nobel Prize gives her 15 minutes of fame on a worldwide stage. What statement to the world would you or I make given this opportunity?

I do agree with the rest of your post.

This disease is now striking all members in fast multiplying populations. Is this an engineered agent? Perhaps.

Back in 1988 the state of the art genetic science being thought in a certain Canadian University I attended was up to that level. Whether you are splicing a gene into a microorganism to clean up oil spills or splicing genes together to create an entirely new organism, the basics are the same.

By the time technology gets down to being thought at university level, you can bet that the economic and, shall we say �social benefits� of that technology have already been or are in the process of being exploited. Oh and I remember hearing more than once that HIV exhibited traits that you would ascribe to an engineered agent. In other words, if someone wanted to design a population control �weapon� they could scarcely have done better than HIV. That is the impression I got.

Or is this a natural agent? Not wanting to believe the former I think this is more than likely.

Over 6 billion humans and counting with rapidly depleting resources, polluting the atmosphere, polluting the water and driving species to extinction, Gaia is sick and Her immune system is about to kick into high gear. Too much stress on an environment by a local species will result in the natural equilibrium being disturbed until connected factors come into play to reestablish it. Emergent diseases due to deforestation or any other cause are perfect examples.

So as you can see, I don�t know what to make of the �conspiracy theory� since it is plausible in my opinion.

Whatever the source of AIDS... the fact is... we now live with it.

The refusal of the patent holders of AIDS medicines to allow generic production in Africa is inhuman to put it mildly and lends credence to the assumption that there are people in this world capable of such acts.

To add more information to this thread I direct the reader to this site I stumbled upon recently (I have not yet had time to explore it in detail). They claim:

What You'll Find Here

This web site introduces many scientific challenges to widely held beliefs about HIV and AIDS and explains these in simple terms. You'll find surprising facts about risks, insights into why testing HIV positive is not a death sentence (or even an indicator of infection with HIV), and discover how unfounded estimates and unfulfilled predictions have shaped the public's perception of AIDS.

We invite you to use the articles, information, references, and links at our site to conduct your own investigation and arrive at your own conclusions about HIV and AIDS.

What You Won't Find

We do not promote conspiracy theories, cures, homophobia, or any information not referenced from medical or scientific journals, government publications, international health agencies, or recognized news sources. We offer only verifiable data that can help you distinguish between fear and facts.

Think for Yourself

Alive & Well is not a philosophy, belief system or authoritarian organization. We do not tell you what to think, how to live, or what to do. Our mission is to inspire thoughtful dialogue and vital discussion in order to bring about meaningful solutions to the global tragedy of AIDS.
We encourage responsible behavior and healthy choices. We respect your right to make your own informed decisions regarding HIV and AIDS.
source

top topics

<<   2 >>

join