It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: 3 Explosions in Egypt - at Least 30 Dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The Hilton hotel in Egypt on the Isreal border at the Taba Resort has just been rocked by a powerful explosion that, according to initial reports, killed at least 23 people and injured many more. No word yet on the cause of the blast, but Israeli media is reporting that it was caused by a car bomb. The entire front portion of the hotel has colapsed.
Just in - the resort towns of Nueiba and Ras al-Sultan near the border of Israel have also reported explosions. Details are sketchy at this time.

The casualty count is expected to rise, as currently there are only estimates from the Taba blast. There are no reports of deaths or injuries from the other two explosions as of yet.

Reuters
A huge blast tore through an Egyptian hotel used by vacationing Israelis at the border resort of Taba on Thursday, scattering dozens of bodies in what Israeli media said was a suspected car bombing.

Israeli media said part of the Hilton hotel had collapsed and medics who rushed to the Red Sea town said there were dozens of wounded.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Reuters
Explosions rocked two resort towns in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, shortly after a massive blast in the Hilton Hotel near Israel killed at least 23 people, Israeli radio stations reported.

The radio stations reported explosions in the Egyptian resorts of Nueiba and Ras al-Sultan dozens of kilometers (miles) to the southwest of Taba where the first explosion occurred. Thousands of Israelis have been vacationing in the Sinai Peninsula over the Jewish holiday of Sukkot.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 8-10-2004 by Banshee]

[edit on 8-10-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Wow, I sure hope we find out the reason soon.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This is really shocking me, as I'm staying in a Hilton hotel in Israel at the moment. High level security checks of all vehicles and individuals by armed guards are standard before entering the compound.

Don't know what to say further at the moment than that my thoughts are with the innocent people involved in this tragedy.

Hoaks,
European Voice.

[edit on 8-10-2004 by Hoaks]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Disgrace.

The world is going mad, with all these Terrorist attacks, it's a wonder how we handle them.

Utter Disguting.

Thoughts & Prayers to the Familes and Innocent involved.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Apparently Israeli security had issued a warning on 9/9/04 about vacationing in Sinai.

They stated that they had concrete evidence that a terrorist plot existed for that area.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
Apparently Israeli security had issued a warning on 9/9/04 about vacationing in Sinai.

They stated that they had concrete evidence that a terrorist plot existed for that area.

Not to be overly skeptical, but didn't the Mossad get nailed for a series of false flag explosions in Egypt before? It could be possible their concrete evidence is due to the fact that the plans for the operation are theirs.

Just a thought...

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Well, Hamas is claiming it was NOT thier doing according to WTOP radio. They haven't said the same on wtop.com yet, but they haven't updated since the story broke.

So if it wasn't Hamas, was it Al Queda? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Kind of similar to other Al-Qaida operations. Multiple targets, nearly similtaneous attacks on foreigners.

Alot like the attack on the Jewish resort in Somalia.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
why would they attack Egypt? if they wanted to lash out at the Egyptian peace with Israel, shouldn't they have done it years ago? why now? and if it's not that, what else could it be? this is very weird

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
At two of the blast sites, burnt out trucks were found, leading officals to believe that perhaps booby trapped cars were used.

South Sinai Governor Mustafa Afifi told Nile News TV that evidence from the blasts at seaside campsites of Tarabin and Ras al-Sultan further south indicated they may have been bombed.

"There are two seaside camp sites. I think it (the blasts) was a result of booby-trapped cars because we found small pick-ups completely burnt out."

cnn.netscape.cnn.com

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by KKing123
why would they attack Egypt? if they wanted to lash out at the Egyptian peace with Israel, shouldn't they have done it years ago? why now? and if it's not that, what else could it be? this is very weird

Perhaps in retaliation for the current Israeli offensive into Gaza to stop Hamas from firing rockets in to Israel, and Israeli settlements.

Don't forget that Ayman Al Zawahri was the leader of Egyptian Islamic Jihad, who has a long track record of attacking the egyptian government. They even attacked tourists in Egypt to pressure the government.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
How does attacking Egypt pressure Israel? they may have peace together, but they aren't exactly friendly with each other.

LL1

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Why is it when a country outside of the United States gets hit up it's "terrorists"?
No conspiracy?

Why is it when the United States gets hit up up it's an "inside job"?

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I would not be at all surprised if it were discovered that Mossad itself is behind this attack. They have carried quite a few "dirty tricks" in the past and been responsible for incidents for which others have been blamed. Mossad is a law unto itself; it is not beyond breaking international law,or ignoring those who plead for human rights if what it conspires will sustain the Israeli State. A State that is built on land stolen from others in the name of God. But then history has a way of repeating itself. The world is confronted with Mossad today; yesterday it was confronted with the SS.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Comberman
I would not be at all surprised if it were discovered that Mossad itself is behind this attack. They have carried quite a few "dirty tricks" in the past and been responsible for incidents for which others have been blamed. Mossad is a law unto itself; it is not beyond breaking international law,or ignoring those who plead for human rights if what it conspires will sustain the Israeli State. A State that is built on land stolen from others in the name of God. But then history has a way of repeating itself. The world is confronted with Mossad today; yesterday it was confronted with the SS.

So how exactly is it stolen land? First of all, name a country in existence that was not in some way founded by warfare? Why modern Israel is some special case, but the US, founded on genocide of millions, every country in Latin America (founded on genocide), China (genocide), every country in Europe (founded on warfare more or less), Japan (founded on wiping out the Ainu people)--why Israel is singled out is really beyond me. I could, you know, bring up how much of Saudi Arabia was stolen from Roman-era disapora Jews. What you think Medina was all Muslim from day one? No, Mohammed kind of killed all the Jews. Then I could go into how what comprises modern day Israel has had a continous Jewish presence from after the Roman disapora through the Ottoman days. And how the Arabs had no problem or desire for a Palestinian state under Ottoman rule. I mean I guess it is alright to be ruled by ruthless Turks and have them steal your land. But, you know, if a Jew should move into your neighborhood, well, obviously they have to be killed. And I could, you know, bring up the 900,000 or so Jews living in Islamic countries but forced to flee after the creation of the modern state of Israel. Where the hell were they supposed to go exactly? Or that the state of Israel was necessary because of European persecution of Jews. Wars happen, people flee, they resettle. It happens everywhere in the world, all the time, since the dawn of time. Only when it involves Jews does it become a problem. I could take direct quotes from Arab League meetings to show you that the "Palestinian" problem was a creation of other Arab states to attack Israel with. Oh and they have a state by the way and its called Jordan. If they don't like it, well, build a time machine and go fight the British after WWI and carve out your own damn state. When you get beat you can't whine about it. Mexico, a few extremists aside, isn't asking for Texas or California back (though one might argue they are using the same demographic shift strategy as the Arabs to effect the same change).

In any event, it is totally absurd for you to claim that Mossad is in any way, shape or form like the SS.
Two totally different beasts. That is akin to calling the CIA like the SS. Spy agencies generally do nasty things that they really ought not do, but, they are generally not deeply involved in running domestic policy. The KGB=SS, maybe, you could argue that. Mossad doesn't call the shots in Israel. Hell, Sharon is a dove these days, so I'd hardly say that the cloak and dagger gang has much clout.

Oh hey, while we're on Israel, how about you tell me about that pesky UN Resolution Syria has ignored for 20-odd years? You know about not occupying Lebannon. Oh, so its cool for Arabs to occupy other people, but not Jews. Oh, and hey, how about those tens of thousands of dead or enslaved blacks in Sudan? I guess its cool for Arabs to enslave and murder tens of thousands, but, you know, its a big deal if Israel kills a terrorist in Gaza and maybe kills an "inoccent" Hamas bystander. Oh yeah, and if you check all the historical records you'd know that Gaza has had a continuous Jewish presence for a hell of a long time. But I digress, hey, why is it cool for Turkey to occupy the Kurds? Hey, why is it cool for Iraq to also occupy the Kurds? Oh and we might want to add the bit about genocide to the Kurds. See if you want to start dropping this Israel is evil crap you sort of need to have some grip on the history of the region, some explanantion why Jews are totally different than anyone else in the world that isn't based on your anti-Semitism, and some explanation for why it is totally fine for Arabs/Muslims to totally disregard any international laws, generally agreed upon morals, and just do what the hell they want. You know, if you can answer all that, sure, maybe I'll be convinced Israel is the great Satan. Until then the only thing I'm convinced of is that you're another ignorant Jew hater.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Israel believes that Al-Qaida is most likely behind the bombings that killed Israeli vacationers in the Egyptian Sinai penninsula.

Israel's intelligence chief told Cabinet ministers Friday that the bombings at Egyptian resorts were most likely carried out by al-Qaida.

The intelligence chief, Maj. Gen. Aharon Zeevi-Farkash, made the assessment at an emergency Cabinet meeting convened a day after the deadly bombings, which wounded more than 120.

Source

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   

phreak_of_nature

Not just that. A source at an Israeli embassy told me over a month ago that their personnel is prohibited from traveling there.

new topics

top topics

join