It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ANALYSIS: Iran Ready for Israeli Strike on Nuke Facilities

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Iran has realized that their nuclear facilities may be the targets of Israelis airstrikes, and have made preperations to protect them, including possible retaliatory strikes on Israel. Iran is known to posses missile capable of striking Israel, and has hinted that they may indeed use them if attacked. Iran is taking this threat to their nuclear infrastructure seriously.

www.haaretzdaily.com
Iranian Foreign Minister Kamal Kharrazi considers Israel a threat to his nation's nuclear facilities.

"When there is a threat, you have to take it into consideration and be prepared to react. We are prepared," Kharrazi told Newsweek in an interview.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Iran seems to be determined to continue with it's development of nuclear weapons. They realize that there is a threat to them, and rather then adhere to UN resolutions and the AIEA, then have decided to defend their illeagal activities. The threats from within the middle east are growing, and leading to a situtation where neither country will be able to back down.
If Israel were to attack Iran's nuclear facilities, it would not be the first time they have done such a thing. Israel bombed Iraq's research reactor in the '80's.
Iran will be come a nuclear nation, one way or another.

Related News Links:
www.abovetopsecret.com
www.atsnn.com

[edit on 10/4/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

[edit on 10/4/2004 by phreak_of_nature]

[edit on 4-10-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature

Iran seems to be determined to continue with it's development of nuclear weapons. They realize that there is a threat to them, and rather then adhere to UN resolutions and the AIEA, then have decided to defend their illeagal activities.
Iran will be come a nuclear nation, one way or another.

Are they doing anything illegal?
They have submitted to IAEA inspections and they have IAEA cameras in their facilities.

They have voluntarily suspended enrichment of Uranium even though they are not obliged to do so.

SanDiego Tribune
Iran is not prohibited from enrichment under its obligations to the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty. But for months it has faced international pressure to suspend such activities as a good-faith gesture.

They're doing a lot better than Israel which has never allowed any inspections at all as far as I'm aware.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Only Israel may have nukes in the mideast...

LOL....as long as that double standard continues, how can we ever expect peace?

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226

Oh, i see...so let's give wmd to others, or all, radical Muslim countries...that will surely make possible world peace..

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Are they doing anything illegal? They have submitted to IAEA inspections and they have IAEA cameras in their facilities.
They're doing a lot better than Israel which has never allowed any inspections at all as far as I'm aware.

Your right Ace, so far they have done nothing illegal. Isreal never signed the NPT and so the IAEA has no jusristiction to insepect. They have also rejected calls to make the ME a nuclear free zone. While I am not a fan of the radical government in Iran, they ARE playing by the rules.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Are they doing anything illegal?
They have submitted to IAEA inspections and they have IAEA cameras in their facilities.

They have voluntarily suspended enrichment of Uranium even though they are not obliged to do so.

no,they didn't..Hitler also didn't do anything illegal according to League of Nations,until 1 IX 1939.Then he did something illegal.about 30 billion people paid a highes price for this "legality"

yes you are right.we have to let all crazy people buy guns and weapons.As long as double standards continue in our societies human rights of insane and crazy people would be violated..All insane people should have the same rights as normal people have!!!

[edit on 4-10-2004 by gattaca]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Oh, i see...so let's give wmd to others, or all, radical Muslim countries...that will surely make possible world peace..

What countries are considered "radical Muslim" countries? I was not aware of any...

Racist opinions aside, how would your version of peace become a reality? What would need to happen?

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I believe the neo-cons presently in power --really are convinced that
Israel owes the US...real BIG TIME,,, with the standing forces in Iraq & all.

? tactical? strategic attack, on a nation that has already been labeled as one of the AXIS OF EVIL...

would ?this? be the October Surprise? thats been anticipated, for the re-election of a war-time pres. GWB??

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
So you forsee tit for tat strikes on nuclear facilities in the midle east as the "October Surprise"? Hummn

What if somewhere in the volley one fell short and landed on Baghdad? Oops.
Whose would they be?

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4

What countries are considered "radical Muslim" countries? I was not aware of any...

Racist opinions aside, how would your version of peace become a reality? What would need to happen?

No radical Muslim countries huh? and just a racist opinion? I guess that's why there is an ongoing genocide in Sudan by radical Islamists...according to you it's only my opinion that non-muslim blacks are being systematically killed and made homeless by Arab militias who are backed by their government...

This is happening in other African nations, it also happened in Rwanda.... all this is just my racist opinion?...

I also guess that Iran is not governed by radicals, the president of Iran has made declarations against the west that are radical, along with terrorist groups which are backed by Iran. What does that make Iran? a peace loving Islamic nation?

I am not saying all Iranian people are radicals, but their government is, and they have radical groups backed by their own government. Iran has a radical regime, and "many" Iranians want to be free of it as they are pro-western.

Iranian leaders are worried: worried by the American presence at their gates, in the east and west; worried by the invasion of Iraq �with so little popular resistance;� worried by the speedy toppling of the Baghdad regime; worried by the marginalization of the UN; worried by the total disillusion of the Iranian people, which, since the start of the Iraqi crisis, has manifested itself in the fierce pro-Americanism of the population... but worried most of all by the vox populi, which is calling for �a regime change with the help of the American marines.�

watch.windsofchange.net...

TEHRAN, Iran

Finally, I've found a pro-American country.

Everywhere I've gone in Iran, with one exception, people have been exceptionally friendly and fulsome in their praise for the United States, and often for President Bush as well. Even when I was detained a couple of days ago in the city of Isfahan for asking a group of young people whether they thought the Islamic revolution had been a mistake (they did), the police were courteous and let me go after an apology.

They apologized; I didn't.

On my first day in Tehran, I dropped by the "Den of Spies," as the old U.S. Embassy is now called. It's covered with ferocious murals denouncing America as the "Great Satan" and the "archvillain of nations" and showing the Statue of Liberty as a skull (tour the "Den of Spies" here).

Then I stopped to chat with one of the Revolutionary Guards now based in the complex. He was a young man who quickly confessed that his favorite movie is "Titanic." "If I could manage it, I'd go to America tomorrow," he said wistfully.

He paused and added, "To hell with the mullahs."

Excerpted from.
www.payk.net...

--edited to add link and excerpt---
[edit on 4-10-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
To further validate what Muaddib has said...
Here is a link to a thread discussing an article about Iranian Talk of an Attack on America.
I also believe that if you read the article that was linked to from the top of this page you will find that Iran's offical stated that they are in favor of a one state solution for Palestian, and it's not a Jewish or Jewish/Arab state.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
No radical Muslim countries huh? and just a racist opinion? I guess that's why there is an ongoing genocide in Sudan by radical Islamists...according to you it's only my opinion that non-muslim blacks are being systematically killed and made homeless by Arab militias who are backed by their government...

This is happening in other African nations, it also happened in Rwanda.... all this is just my racist opinion?...

The situation in Darfur is not about non-Muslims being killed.
It's non-Arabs being killed by Arabs.
They're both Muslims.

The Rwanda genocide was not about Muslims.
Rwanda is a Christian nation.
It's known as the most Christian nation in Africa with about 90% of it's population identifying itself as Christian. link

CIA.gov
Rwanda
Roman Catholic 56.5%, Protestant 26%, Adventist 11.1%, Muslim 4.6%, indigenous beliefs 0.1%, none 1.7% (2001)

Interesting that you automatically assumed it must have been Muslims doing the slaughtering in Rwanda.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase

The situation in Darfur is not about non-Muslims being killed.
It's non-Arabs being killed by Arabs.
They're both Muslims.

The Rwanda genocide was not about Muslims.
Rwanda is a Christian nation.
It's known as the most Christian nation in Africa with about 90% of it's population identifying itself as Christian. link

CIA.gov
Rwanda
Roman Catholic 56.5%, Protestant 26%, Adventist 11.1%, Muslim 4.6%, indigenous beliefs 0.1%, none 1.7% (2001)

Interesting that you automatically assumed it must have been Muslims doing the slaughtering in Rwanda.

Yep, you are half right, i did make the mistake and messed up. That happens when you are watching tv and respond to a post..i should have known better since i wrote a thread on this issue sometime back...sue me...

What i don't appreciate is your insinuation of me "assuming it must have been Muslims doing the slaughtering.."

Am I biased against Islamic radicals? you bet, am I biased against all Muslims? no, and I have said this many times in the past.

Do you love radical Islamists/extremists? am i to assume, like you did about me, that you think radical Islamists are the same as all other Muslims?

Interesting that you don't see a difference between radical islamists/extremists and all other Muslims....

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
News flash..........Israel hit iran - Nuclear power station devasted.

Followup.........Iran destroy Israel.........We had them anyway

Seriously Israel better watch on this one.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
When Iran obtains nuclear weapons Israel's days will be
numbered. One can only wonder what the Middle East will
be like without Israel or the US presence there "securing US
interests in the region". Perhaps OPEC will finally begin
using its' oil wealth wisely. We will find out soon.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It's a lose/lose situation. If the US and Isreal allow Iran to build nuclear weapons, who's to say they won't "lose" the nukes to terrorists? And if Isreal pre-emptively strikes Iranian nuclear targets, war will break out b/t Iran and Isreal, and the US will get involved to help isreal.

I say isreal strikes their facilities and we wage war on Iran. I hate war just as much as the next guy, but sometimes war is the only road to peace, and this is one of those instances. Of course their will be American casualties, but don't you think 3 or 4 thousand soldier casualties is better than hundreds of thousand civilian casualties, should a nuclear bomb be detonated in a major city in America?

When it comes to the war on terror, it's damned if you do, damned if you don't.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kwintz
It's a lose/lose situation. If the US and Isreal allow Iran to build nuclear weapons, who's to say they won't "lose" the nukes to terrorists?

Who says that its ok for israel and US to have nukes and other countries not too. Not that im in favour of preliferation of nukes but i still think its a rather poor reason to attack a country because its trying to get something u already have. The word 'allow' is more annoying as it deems that you are in charge/control of something.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod

Who says that its ok for israel and US to have nukes and other countries not too. Not that im in favour of preliferation of nukes but i still think its a rather poor reason to attack a country because its trying to get something u already have. The word 'allow' is more annoying as it deems that you are in charge/control of something.

The difference is that Iran, a radical islamic country, has stated many times that they will attack the west, including Israel when their leaders say it is time to attack....you want to help them get wmd so the day when they do attack arrives?

Does Israel have wmd? it is possible, have they used these wmd or have they threaten to use these weapons? no. Israel attacks Palestianians when they are attacked. Iran will use wmd whenever they have them on Israel, the US and other western countries. Israel has threatens to attack the installations if Iran continues trying to build nuclear facilities, knowing that Iran's goal is to use these weapons once they have them. in another thread i post those threats that show Iran stating they are just waiting for their leader to make the attacks on the west.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod

Originally posted by Kwintz
It's a lose/lose situation. If the US and Isreal allow Iran to build nuclear weapons, who's to say they won't "lose" the nukes to terrorists?

Haha yeah i'm sorry it was quite an arrogant post.

But i'm an American, and proud to be an american, i think god everyday i live in America, and right now the USA is the only superpower in the world. It's our responsibility to make sure countries like Iran (NK, Libya, Syria) DO NOT acquire nuclear weapons. We've already failed with NK, God knows how many nukes they have and where they are.

The simple answer is that the United States of America says Iran can't have nuclear weapons. Maybe it's arrogance, maybe it's just patriotism, but what the USA says goes.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
You usually see the palestinians throwing rocks at the Israely forces not nukes. Maybe it might make the Arabs feel safer, instead of living under constant fear. Israel has caused problems they are not just victims here. And you cannot force countries not to build nuke power plants [even if they get the material to build nukes] through force, what does that make you?

A terrorist?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join