It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumsfeld Cautious on Iraq Terror-Link Documents

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Rumsfeld Cautious on Iraq Terror-Link Documents

(CNSNews.com) - Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld responded cautiously to questions about Iraqi government documents leaked to CNSNews.com indicating that Saddam Hussein's regime had links to terrorists and possessed biochemical weapons.

Asked by conservative radio host Sean Hannity Monday about the documents and CNSNews.com story, Rumsfeld said he could not expand on the claims.

"Until I have a chance to see -- until the people going over documents have a chance to pore through enough of them to come to, to develop some conviction about what they think it means, and then to try to corroborate them by interviews with people, it would be premature for me to get into it," he said.

www.cnsnews.com...

It old but still must be at least considered. I am still researching this one. I can not seem to come up with a reason that IF the Bush admin KNEW where they were, why would they keep them quiet? I mean if we know, then why not come out with it? It would seem logical that if we did , Bush would be all over it, but what could be a reason for NOT jumping all over it?

New evidence: Saddam's WMD in Lebanon
Weapons transferred to Syria before war, then to Bekaa Valley

GEOSTRATEGY-DIRECT INTELLIGENCE BRIEF
New evidence: Saddam's WMD in Lebanon
Weapons transferred to Syria before war, then to Bekaa Valley

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: May 20, 2004
5:00 p.m. Eastern

� 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

Over the last few months, the U.S. intelligence community has received new evidence a sizable amount of Iraqi WMD systems, components and platforms were transferred to Syria in the weeks leading up to the U.S.-led war in Iraq, reports Geostrategy-Direct, the global intelligence news service.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

GEOSTRATEGY-DIRECT INTELLIGENCE BRIEF
Duelfer: 'A lot of material left Iraq and went to Syria'
Iraq Survey Group head does not rule out Saddam's transfer of WMD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: October 16, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

worldnetdaily.com...

Inspector's Report Bolsters Credibility of Iraqi Intelligence Documents

Report Bolsters Credibility of Iraqi Intelligence Documents
By Scott Wheeler
CNSNews.com Staff Writer
October 13, 2004

(CNSNews.com) - A report issued on Oct. 6 by the CIA's chief inspector in Iraq provides details that corroborate information contained in 42 pages of Iraqi intelligence documents obtained by CNSNews.com.

The so-called Duelfer report, named for its author, Charles Duelfer, is widely recognized for declaring that no stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction have been found in Iraq. Other details of the report, however, provide a glimpse of what some Iraq experts say is Saddam's attempt to continue to wage war against the U.S. after the first Gulf War ended.

"M14 ... was responsible for training and conducting special operations missions. It trained Iraqis, Palestinians, Syrians, Yemeni, Lebanese, Egyptian, and Sudanese operatives in counterterrorism, explosives, marksmanship, and foreign operations at its facilities at Salman Pak," the Duelfer report states

www.cnsnews.com...\\SpecialReports\\archive\\200410\\SPE20041013a.html

Seems that more and more is coming to light! WMD in Syria?

At a Senate Armed Services Committee hearing Oct. 6, Charles Duelfer, an adviser to the CIA, did not rule out Saddam's transfer of Iraqi missiles and weapons of mass destruction to Syria, reports Geostrategy-Direct, the global intelligence news service.

Duelfer agreed that a large amount of material had been transferred by Iraq to Syria before the March 2003 war.

worldnetdaily.com...

Check this:

Several of Iraq's neighbors were said to have joined in the secret military effort to aid Baghdad. The report � based on interviews with senior Iraqi officials and 40 million pages of documents and classified intelligence � cited Jordan and Turkey as leading suppliers to the Saddam regime.

TURKEY????? Hmmm interesting!

OLD STUFF!

Hmmm wouldnt that be interesting? Bet Michael Moore and Co. will claim Bush planned for Syria to take them until the election, plus he gets all thier oil and hides it Montana.....

U.S. military intelligence: Saddam transferred WMD to Syria

SPECIAL TO WORLD TRIBUNE.COM
Friday, September 24, 2004
The U.S. military continues to back its estimate that the former Saddam Hussein regime in Iraq transferred much of its weapons of mass destruction arsenal to neighboring Syria.

U.S. officials said that U.S. Army Intelligence does not share the conclusion that Saddam had abandoned his WMD program before the U.S.-led war against Iraq in 2003. They said military intelligence has attributed the U.S. failure to find Iraqi WMD platforms or munitions to Saddam's transfer of these systems to Syria in late 2002 and early 2003.

Over the last year, U.S. Central Command has helped the Iraqi Survey Group in the search for WMD in Iraq. The group has wound down its activities in Iraq without any success, Middle East Newsline reported.

"The Iraqi Survey Group has yet to submit its final report," Lt. Gen. Lance Smith, deputy chief of U.S. Central Command, said. "Besides, who knows what we will find in two years, who knows what was moved to countries like Syria. What we know for certain is that Saddam Hussein had carried out research into an array of weapons of mass destruction."

Smith said Syria was a major ally of Saddam before and after the U.S. invasion of Iraq. He told a briefing in Qatar on Sept. 5 that Syria helped fuel the current insurgency war in Iraq by enabling the flow of combatants and weapons into Iraq to fight U.S. and allied forces.

The military's assessment that Syria has received Iraqi WMD has been shared by the Defense Department, officials said. They said U.S. reconnaissance satellites had detected the entry of Iraqi convoys of suspected WMD and missile cargo into Syria and Lebanon's Bekaa Valley in early 2003.

"It's a clear fact that the deposits of weapons of mass destruction have not been found since the end of the major combat operations," Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said. "Another possibility is they gave them to some other country or hid them in some other country."

Officials said Saddam agents have sought to kill Iraqis with knowledge of the former regime's nuclear weapons program. They cited the assassination of Iraqi nuclear scientist Mohammed Toki Hussein Al Talakani on Sept. 4 in the Sunni city of Mahmudiya.

In contrast, the United Nations Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission for Iraq said it failed to find evidence that Saddam had developed unmanned air vehicles capable of deliverying biological or chemical weapons. The agency said the UAVs found in Iraq did not violate UN restrictions.

"The information available to us doesn't indicate Iraq had these drones for the delivery of chemical or biological weapons agents, nor had they gone beyond the 150 kilometer range," UN commission spokesman Ewen Buchanan said. "But we're open to new information and looking forward to the Iraq Survey Group's findings."

www.worldtribune.com...

[edit on 16-10-2004 by edsinger]

[edit on 16-10-2004 by edsinger]

[edit on 18-10-2004 by edsinger]

[edit on 21-10-2004 by edsinger]

[edit on 23-10-2004 by edsinger]

[edit on 23-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
What? Not one single comment? Even from the Left?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
edsinger,

Didn't even see this thread until just now!

This has been speculated from the beginning and the Intelligence Community confirmed it about two weeks ago.

But will you see it on any of the news stations? Nope! Maybe the FOX network but that's it. All the rest of them are to busy throwing mud at our CIC to worry about the truth.

But what the hell. Bush will remain the President and leave the Libs crying!

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   

In contrast, the United Nations Monitoring, Verification and Inspection Commission for Iraq said it failed to find evidence that Saddam had developed unmanned air vehicles capable of deliverying biological or chemical weapons. The agency said the UAVs found in Iraq did not violate UN restrictions.

I don't know...I won't believe anything until the UN verifes it.

Syria has been much too quiet this past year, IMO. They don't want the eyes of the world peeking into their closets.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
This was confirmed a long time ago by the guy the lefdt held up as infallable, David Kay (?). While the leftist media was busy touting him as saying he didn't have WMD's, he does say (in an interview given to MSNBC) that he has seen credible evidence that materials were moved to Syria.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
February 5, 2003 Powell stood in front of the UN General assembly and claimed:

We also have satellite photos that indicate that banned materials have recently been moved from a number of Iraqi weapons of mass destruction facilities.
But he said nothing about their destination.

He further offered more satellite photos and claims:

Here, you see 15 munitions bunkers in yellow and red outlines. The four that are in red squares represent active chemical munitions bunkers. How do I know that? How can I say that? Let me give you a closer look. Look at the image on the left. On the left is a close-up of one of the four chemical bunkers. The two arrows indicate the presence of sure signs that the bunkers are storing chemical munitions. The arrow at the top that says security points to a facility that is the signature item for this kind of bunker. Inside that facility are special guards and special equipment to monitor any leakage that might come out of the bunker.

At Feb. 5, 2003 chemical munitions are still in Iraq, so where are the satellite photos showing them moving to Syria?

And more:

At this ballistic missile site, on November 10, we saw a cargo truck preparing to move ballistic missile components. At this biological weapons related facility, on November 25, just two days before inspections resumed, this truck caravan appeared, something we almost never see at this facility, and we monitor it carefully and regularly.

Seems the satellites only detect non-moving vehicles, because there is no mention of their destination.

53 days later, the second week into the war, Rumsfeld unequivocally claimed that the WMD are in Iraq.

the area in the south and the west and the north that coalition forces control is substantial. It happens not to be the area where weapons of mass destruction were dispersed. We know where they are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south and north somewhat.

Powell on that February day also said:

Tell me, answer me, are the inspectors to search the house of every government official, every Baath Party member and every scientist in the country to find the truth, to get the information they need, to satisfy the demands of our council?

Well Saddam has not been in control of Iraq for 17 months now. and so the coalition has had every opportunity to do exactly that. They have come up with absolutely nothing save to say that the above statement was nothing but a psychological ploy of fear.

And this:

Ladies and gentlemen, these are sophisticated facilities�Iraq has rebuilt key portions of the Tariq (ph) state establishment. Tariq (ph) includes facilities designed specifically for Iraq's chemical weapons program and employs key figures from past programs.

Not one �sophisticated� facility or any other kind has been found.

It is no surprise that excuses will be made for the massive failure the Bush administration is faced with today. That Syrian excuse was flaunted last year, along with two other silly notions, one claiming they were seen in Turkey or some such place. That story has as much credibility as this statement:

Ladies and gentlemen, these are not assertions. What we're giving you are facts and conclusions based on solid intelligence.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I don't know...I won't believe anything until the UN verifes it.

I wouldn't believe jack crap what the U.N. tells me. I would care if they told me the sky was blue, they'll still be full of themselves.

I wish the G-7 nations would resign from the U.N. and then see what happens. They'll crumble like stale bread.

United Nations= Worthless Organization

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The US military intelligence give thesekinds of reports?? Still after the fiasco of the pre Iraq war intelligece reports, forgered documents, photos etc.?? Unbelievable! I trust my local milkman to give more accurate reports the US military intelligence

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   
people are just figuring this out now?

The Mossad reported this 2 years ago, before the Iraq war started.

IMO, the US willl not invade Syria. theyll probably let Israel do it.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
First the UN just plain sucks, it is corrupt and hey fella, the UN SAID SADDAM had the weapons! Everyone knows he HAD them, so where are they? Well while the UN was 'goofing' off delaying the comming invasion to get the last of the butt covered under the oil-for-food deal, they gave saddam the time to get them out of the country or very well hidden. I think that they could also be in Iran with part of his Air Force....But Syria remains the likely target and maybe even as far as the Bekka Valley..

You liberals just wont give up....makes you look....well.....

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Yea, I'll believe it when it's found. I hope this isn't the same intelligence stating it was in Iraq. Hopefully, we won't bomb the crap of Syria only to discover that they aren't there either. Maybe then we can bomb some other countries because we heard they were there.

Oh well, it only takes about 50,000 dead civilians to confirm our suspicions.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Isn't it great how this wild goose chase of death is being excused once again to make way for further wars? If people believe this information after we have had the two biggest investigations of the 21st century consider our intelligence incompetent and in need of extreme reforms (the 911 and Iraq commissions) then you deserve to be lied to.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
First the UN just plain sucks, it is corrupt and hey fella, the UN SAID SADDAM had the weapons! Everyone knows he HAD them, so where are they? Well while the UN was 'goofing' off delaying the comming invasion to get the last of the butt covered under the oil-for-food deal, they gave saddam the time to get them out of the country or very well hidden. I think that they could also be in Iran with part of his Air Force....But Syria remains the likely target and maybe even as far as the Bekka Valley..

You liberals just wont give up....makes you look....well.....

UN said they don't have WMDs - Hans Blix. Ritter said they don't have WMDs, he was Marine Corps major. Anthony Zinni said they are not a threat anyway, he was Middle East special envoy for Bush.

As far as Syria goes, the US is talking strategic military alliance with them. What do you think of that?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Have fun spinning that one.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The U.S. military continues to back its estimate that the former Saddam Hussein regime in Iraq transferred much of its weapons of mass destruction arsenal to neighboring Syria.

There is no logic to this claim. If Saddam had WMDs he would have hid them from from UN weapons and when the coalition attacked the countrie Saddam would have used the WMDS against the coalition forces.
Why cant people accept that Iraq was the biggest intelligence failure since Pearl Habour?

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Look the FACT is Saddam HAD them at one time. He had the capability to make more. He did not have any proof he destroyed them. Just becuase the UN couldn't find them you base your opionion? Come on! The UN couldnt find anything, the Iraqi's were making jokes about the inspections. I find this attitude really funny. Saddam would NOT have used them as that would have shown that he had them and it would not have changed the outcome if had used them. Saddam wasnt stupid, he just miscalculated that we would not attack. THe French and Germans told him they would block any attemt to do so.

Why cant people accept that Iraq was the biggest intelligence failure since Pearl Habour

Your kidding me right? I sure hope so......

As far as Syria goes, the US is talking strategic military alliance with them

Oh really? And you believe this? Read more carefully what was said..that would be suicide for Assad if he did......

Isn't it great how this wild goose chase of death is being excused once again to make way for further wars? If people believe this information after we have had the two biggest investigations of the 21st century consider our intelligence incompetent and in need of extreme reforms (the 911 and Iraq commissions) then you deserve to be lied to.

Well maybe if your Hero Bill Clinton and that POS senator from Vermont would not have gutted the Human INTEL budget, we could have had some on the inside and just maybe we would not have had to go to war.

Oh well, it only takes about 50,000 dead civilians to confirm our suspicions.

And where do you get these numbers? From the mass graves that have been found? Yup the USA killed those folks also didnt they?

[edit on 3-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Opps sorry for the double post........I was laughing to hard at the replies!

[edit on 3-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Look, the question is whether he had them recently. We gave him materials for weapons so we know he had them at one point.

www.guardian.co.uk...

The total right now is between 10-15,000.

www.iraqbodycount.net...

Take into account the fact that the war hasn't been won yet, that every person in Iraq has been exposed to DU. The totals from the war will be 50,000 plus.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Who gives a # if Iraq had WMDs anyway? What are they going to do, put them in hairspray containers and ship them to the US?

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
Who gives a # if Iraq had WMDs anyway? What are they going to do, put them in hairspray containers and ship them to the US?

You just pretty much described what could be a very real WMD scenario. Well they could put them in cargo containers (even ones carrying hairspray) and do exactly that ship them to America. More then 90 percent of all ship cargo entering the US is never checked or they could just blow it up in the port before there is even a chance to check them.

I could believe Saddam doing such a thing. Its not like the US just came in looking for WMD without any warning. I think about it this way if your mom said to you that she was going to check your room for pot, but not for another 6 months would there be any pot in there?

Look what Saddam did in the first Iraq war with his fighter planes. Instead of letting them get captured or destroyed he flew them to Iran as fast as he could.

[edit on 3-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
If we had economic and diplomatic ties to Iraq, why would they want to attack us?

If we have Iraq surrounded and can exercise military options, like we did from '91 - '03, why would they risk attacking us?

Why were we attacked by Saudi Arabia royalty and the Pakistani ISI, yet no one is afraid of them like they were Iraq, a country that did not attack the US and conceded defeat and to terms of defeat in Gulf War One?

Why do people accept that there has never been a trial to determine guilt or mete out justice for the 9/11 attacks on our soil, but instead are obsessed with a totally different war?

Could it possibly be that people are afraid of Iraq because their leaders told them to, that they did not come to the conclusion that Iraq = danger on their own?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join