It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ANALYSIS: Al-Qaida uses Mexico to enter US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
More and more evidence is coming to light about Al-Qaida operatives using Mexico as a route into the United States. When will our government finally realize that leaving this border unprotected is no longer a gesture of goodwill, but a danger to our citizens.

www.worldnetdaily.com
Al-Qaida plans to use Mexico as a key infiltration route for sending operatives into the United States, according to a Mexican newspaper.

Mexican intelligence agencies have identified at least two routes for al-Qaida infiltration, the Proceso newspaper reported last week.

The infiltration plan calls for terrorists to depart South Africa for London and then take a non-stop flight to Mexico or a Central American nation and from there use migrant smuggling routes to reach northern Mexico and the United States.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

More then just the token efforts to increase border security need to be undertaken. Will we have to suffer another attack on our soil before our government takes seriously the weakness this represents.
Whether or not you believe that the War on Terror is a manufactured theory, border security should be an important part of protecting our citizens.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 17-9-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:14 AM
link   
but they DONT protect the border. Why? Well, why protect it when it can be used as the backdrop to all future "terror alerts"?
This administration uses the open borders to then cry "terror"
By the way, since these polls are in favor of Bush notice how no new terror alerts have been cried lately? LOL. Its laughable

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
A couple months ago my cousin went to Tucson and while on the freeway south of Tucson had to exit to use the restroom(sage brush). He exited on Rita Road, drove a short distance and saw a foot trail into the bush. He walked a short while and came to a clearing with hundreds of black knitted masks(terrorist style ski masks), black gloves, and backpacks discarded in the desert. Apparently he had happened upon some kind of dropoff or staging area for illegal immigrants. He said it looked like it was used ALOT!

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
You should talk with your cousin again. What he has told you does not make sense. Illegals wearing black ski masks and gloves, then leaving them disguarded in a remote clearing.

kix

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This Thread is exactly a proof , the US goverment is using any excuse to keep you in TERROR and angry.
The Us/Mex border has been a trouble since 1848, and the last 30 yaers more so because Mexican Inmigrants cross it everyday by the hundreds. If it was such a threat the US SHOULD HAVE closed it after 9/11 or at least put a fence or made stringent requierements for inmigration crossing etc.

Ill make you a prediction, from today to Nov 3 2004 you will have more alerts than ever, the goverment will issue more "posible holes" in the security, and also the Neocons will make statements lilke the one Mr. Chenney did 2 weeks ago.

If something bad happens most probably these "holes" would be blamed, from my point of view (a Mexican) the Goverment is crying wolf but does nothing about it, its better to have you preocupied and worried, that way they ensure they will win on NOV.

By the way even if arabic kind of people look like Mexicans, theyd be discovered because theyd need to speak Spanish and there are inmediate rewards in MExico for those kind of suspicious activities, so basically all mexicans crossing the border would see a guy that doesnt speak Spanish or talks it "funny" theyd surely denounce him, even the "polleros-people traffiquers" would denounce him cause thed win a quick buck. (the rewards are inmediate and no questions asked for federal offenses)

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This has been and still is a serious problem, this is obvious. Another thing is that Ports are only checking a very low percentage of cargo, a man was able to board a flight from the UAE carrying a Soviet "projectile point detonating fuse" and a "surface-to-air and air-to-air cartridge." The city police bomb squad determined the munitions were "highly explosive," and he was able to fly into JFK. An attack can come from anywhere, especially originating overseas. It is more likely that this will be the case, rather than it originating in the US(as far as airplanes are concerned). Nothing has made us safe from overseas.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kix
This Thread is exactly a proof , the US goverment is using any excuse to keep you in TERROR and angry.
The Us/Mex border has been a trouble since 1848, and the last 30 yaers more so because Mexican Inmigrants cross it everyday by the hundreds.

An estimated 2000 cross in my county (Cochise County in SE Arizona) every day.

If it was such a threat the US SHOULD HAVE closed it after 9/11 or at least put a fence or made stringent requierements for inmigration crossing etc.

Ah, but they want the "Hispanic vote"!

By the way even if arabic kind of people look like Mexicans, theyd be discovered because theyd need to speak Spanish and there are inmediate rewards in MExico for those kind of suspicious activities, so basically all mexicans crossing the border would see a guy that doesnt speak Spanish or talks it "funny" theyd surely denounce him, even the "polleros-people traffiquers" would denounce him cause thed win a quick buck. (the rewards are inmediate and no questions asked for federal offenses)

They HAVE been discovered. Large groups of people have been apprehended that speak little or no Spanish and were later overheard speaking Arabic in the back of the border patrol vehicles. This was in the mainstream news very little, however. Mostly local newspapers and civilian watchgroups are reporting it (some have even gotten pictures of them, all wearing brand new clothing and identical haircuts, unlike the Mexicans)

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
My reasoning for posting this and other stories on the insecurity of our southern border is purely selfish. I live in a border state, and I would like for everyone else to be as aware as I about the issues border states face.

I don't believe anyone here is blaming mexicans for coming over the border, I am not worried about that. I worry about the numerous instances of OTMs coming over the border.

If nothing is done about the open border, soon Al-Qaida could amase a pretty sizeable army within our own borders.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I thought that the terrorist were coming through Canada? Seems to me that you would use the easiest and proven route.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by phreak_of_nature
If nothing is done about the open border, soon Al-Qaida could amase a pretty sizeable army within our own borders.

Exactly, that's what I've been saying for some time. That may be why we haven't seen any recent attacks, they may not want to bring extra heat on themselves until they get enough operatives over here to launch a MAJOR coordinated attack, possibly in several different cities. The coyotes (people smugglers) don't care who they bring over as long as they get paid.

posted on Sep, 17 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I thought that the terrorist were coming through Canada? Seems to me that you would use the easiest and proven route.

They may be, but I live near the southern border, so I'm concerned with activity there.
Someone from Minnesota will have to keep an eye on the Canadians.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Hey, Canada also has borders, close them up also. Just how are my various family members suppose to get here?
Yes, I am Mexican-American. I have proof

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cy4111
Hey, Canada also has borders, close them up also. Just how are my various family members suppose to get here?
Yes, I am Mexican-American. I have proof

The concern I have always had is illeagal crossing. I would NEVER EVER advocate completely shutting it down. People should be allowed to legally cross the border. I don't believe anyone is seriously advocating shutting it completely. I would just like to see the unguarded portions secured.
Securing the border to me, means steming the tide of illeagal drugs flowing over the border. Stopping traffiking in stolen goods, and preventing terrorist from using the frontier to enter our country.
But you do have a very good point. The large vastness of the Canadian border is just is insecure.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I wonder how much border security half of the money poured into Iraq could have bought us.

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The thread title is �TA-ANALYSIS: Al-Qaeda uses Mexico to enter US�, but that "analysis" is completely flawed.

Just look at the �evidence�: A Mexican paper says that al-Qaeda �plans to use�� Not that they�re �using�; they�re �planning to use�. And what is their plan? To enter Mexico City from a non-middle-east location and sneak across the border.

Well, DUH! How else would they get into Mexico -- swim from Damascus? And how else would they get from Mexico into the United States? Sneak across the border to Guatemala or Belize and teleport to Tucson?

What�s some other evidence? A cousin is taking a whiz and finds a bunch of terrorists' ski masks at a drop off point (and doesn�t call the cops, of course). Someone else talks about guys with identical haircuts and speaking Arabic, but there never seems to be any proof at all. I think that any news reporter or editor worth his or her salt from the Tucson Star, Mesa Tribune, or the Arizona Republic would give body parts to be able to break that story!

Now I�m not saying illegal immigration is good, because it�s not. And I�m not saying that we are in dire straits indeed, as my colleague Trickmastertrick points out, by our lackadaisical monitoring of shipments coming into US ports.

But when you take a newspaper saying that someone plans to uses something and then turn it into �al-Qaeda enters US", that is simply dishonest reporting, and certainly transmits ignorance rather than denying it!

top topics

join