It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's under Antarctica?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I thought this was interesting.

www.hist.unt.edu...

"First, that the Flood was a real event around 13,000 years ago. Secondly that a culture survived and built the Pyramids, Sphinx and so on. And thirdly, that there is a missing link between 11000-4000 BC, where we cannot fully identify where this culture was based. That is where Antarctica comes in, because it was ice-free during this period. Then, around 4000 BC, when Antarctica froze over, we suddenly find signs of cultural transfer to other parts of the globe - to Mesopotamia, where the Sumerian civilisation began; to the tin mines of the Zagros Mountains; and to Tiahuanacu in Bolivia, which was almost certainly a centre for the production of bronze."

There is allegedly an ancient of Antarctica that shows the continent before it was covered in ice....

www.viewzone.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
WOAW ! It's crazy !!! www.flem-ath.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Ever think that the whole of Earth might have once been the Atlantis we know???

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
it's not that bad an idea. civilisation may be from down south, we don't know if there were any past pole flps that made that place habitable. also the fact that we can't explore it very well, umm cos of the ice and all, limits are archeological abilities there.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
(A SciFi author).

It's called "la nuit des temps" (The Night of times). The story take place on the antartica, scientist discover rests of an ancient civilisation and in a cryogenic egg one man and one woman that they bring back to life...

This book is "cult" in france because the drama is about love between the man and the woman and the un-understanding of the scientist who simply think about making experiments on them and try, of course, to separe them...

Okay, a short translation attempt :

" Try to realize what occurs inside this man. The fabric of its skin is burned, partly destroyed. So that it can start again to breathe normally, to survive, and live, it is necessary that what remains of this fabric regenerates what does not exist any more. He still sleeps. It started to sleep 900 000 years ago and it continues. But the flesh of its body is waked up and is defended. And if it itself were waked up, that does not chagerait anything. It could not anything more. It is not him which orders. Its body does not need him. The cells of pulmonary fabric, marvellous the small alive factories are manufacturing at any speed of new factories which resemble to them, to replace those which the cold or the flame destroyed. At the same time, they do their ordinary work, multiple, incredibly complex, in the fields chemical, physical, electronic, vital. They receive, choose, transform, manufacture, destroy, retain, reject, hold, proportion, obey, order, coordinate with an amazing safety and an intelligence. Each one of them knows some more than thousand engineers doctors and architects. They are ordinary cells, of an alive body. We are built billion that, billion mysteries, billion complexes microscopic stubborn persons to their fantastically complicated task. Who the order, these marvellous small cells? Is it you, Vignont? "

(sorry for the translation errors...)

Vignont id the scientist responsible of this discovery.

It really ressemble to your story, no ?

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
ive heard storys for years about secret facilitys at the north and south poles

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   
And whats also interesting is that after the flood the civilisations began in moutain areas and then slowly spread downwards to flat land .....

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Well lets see,

There are many fabels and tales and then there is reality and mystery and challenge. Beneath the 3100? meters of ice 2+ miles there is a Lake named Vostok. Many nations are there researching. Last year they stopped drilling 50 meters from breaking thru to the unfrozen lake which is prestine for it has been sealed by all that ice for many years. In 96 I think NASA discover a meter from Mars and they belive there may be life under the Martian polar caps just as they hope they mat discover life in Lake Vostok Here are some www. spots I've been researchinf at and a thred ongoing here at ATS

Welcome aboard

Tut

search.usgs.gov... =0&oq=&rq=0&si=0

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Dr. Wesley T. Huntress, Jr.
Associate Administrator for Space Science
NASA Headquarters
before the
Subcommittee on Space and Aeronautics
Committee on Science
U.S. House of Representatives

September 12, 1996

Mr. Chairman and Members of the Subcommittee:

I am glad to be here today to discuss with you the recently announced research results concerning the possibility that life existed on ancient Mars.

Thirteen thousand years ago a messenger in the form of a meteorite arrived on this planet. It arrived in a very remote part of this planet, in Antarctica, and was buried in ice. For 13 millennia it waited patiently for the human species to get out of their caves, produce a civilized society and to develop the capability to find it.

The forces of nature also played a role; the movement of ice and wind across Antarctica helped to expose this messenger. It was found in 1984 as part of an annual Antarctic meteorite collection activity sponsored by the National Science Foundation, NASA and the Smithsonian Institution. We found it, we brought it back, we opened it up, and if we are reading the message correctly it may say: "you are not alone." If it is true, that is pretty profound.etc..................

And in fact, we should not foreclose the idea that life still might exist in sheltered places on Mars. We have found compelling evidence on our own planet where life has developed and prospered in very unlikely places where we did not suspect it was possible, such as several miles below the surface of the Earth or inside rocks that happened to have liquid water and a source of chemical energy available. I suspect that there are sheltered places on Mars --on the polar caps, in the polar caps, under the surface, or in permafrost -- that contain sources of liquid water we have not yet discovered.
etc.........................

Life on Earth has been found within the deep subsurface, in hydrothermal vents on the ocean floor at temperatures as high as 118 � C (244 � F), in permafrost that has remained frozen for millions of years, beneath perennial ice covers, and inside the rocks of cold deserts. Where there has been water, there has been life. Thus, on other planets, the search for the evidence of life requires understanding the history of water and operationally becomes the search for liquid water, both past or present.etc...............

www.fas.org...

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Good article Tut...found one similar the other day but not in detail as the one you have posted.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 4-8-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
What's under Antarctica?

It could be anything...Really...Think about it.

- Atlantis could just be under there. If pole shift/etc and theory of Velikovsky are true.

- A complete whole other world.(as in the sense of multiple new life forms, probably just bacteria but still, completly independant from the rest of the world)

- An entrance to hollow earth? (hahahaha...)

- More NWO underground facilities? (come on..the digging started like a WHILE ago! They must have pierced the remaining 50 meters of ice, no matter what the media's telling you.)

[Edited on 4-8-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
What's under Antarctica?

The answer is so simple it hardly needs explaining - Santa Clause and his village of happy Elves of course. Story goes that they spend all year round building toys for children, which Santa Clause delivers on Christmas Day. Funny thing is, by stocking alway has this black rock-looking thing in it, never a present. Huh. I wonder why...

BTW Santa used to live in the North Pole, but they had to move - the polar bears that turned purple developed an unhealthy hunger for Elf flesh.

[Edited on 6-8-2003 by Megalodon]

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Maybe because you don't know the difference between antarctica and the north pole?

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Atlantis is under Antartica. If not than some ancient civilization that had some awesome technology.

Nightwalker

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Ugh, if you MUST know what is under Antarctica, look at the 2002 National Geographic about Antarctica, they have a full color map of radar and satellite scans of the surface beneath the ice.

Secondly.

The Ice on Antarctica has been there for more than 30,000,000 years.

The ice sheet is 9000 feet thick. (higher than most towns in the alps).

The ice sheet is formed by a constant "precipitation" of microscopic sized ice crystals.

The ice was formed over the process of millions of years.

Which blows this stupid theory out of the water.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Ugh, the article first posted is even dumber than I imagined, the guy obviously has NO clue about how to navigate at sea.

He claims that in the south pole, because you lack the north star as a reference point, you can not tell your latitude.

First off, the southern hemisphere has a "dark spot" where there are no stars that acts as an obvious point of latitude.

Second of all, early humans quickly discovered that you can stay on the same "latitude" by carving a small wooden disk with a cone in the middle, and marking a line as the shadow of the cone moved along as the day passed.

To stay at the lattitude of where you were at, you need only to keep the shadow on that line. Not the best trick but it worked. Multiple lines for the seasons.

Oh whatever...I'll leave the rest of you to oggle over this as if it's an amazing discovery or some krupp.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Eat # and Die
You #ing Idiot! I am so tired of reading your stupid #ing thoughts, that I would gladly be banned than subjected to reading another one of your idiot thoughts. Why the hell don't you go into a dark corner and #ing blow your brains out as some of my associates have done for the sake of MANKIND, you piece of Chicken #!

I wonder if this will get me #4
what happens after 4
oh I am so #ing scared
somebody help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If the NSA got involved that means national security. Whats under there?

Read, www.veritastruth.com...

Read
www.veritastruth.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Apparently if you back-extrapolate human population, it reaches 1 around 4000 BC. Theory is that was when EBE's seeded man.
That date keeps coming up.

The theory is we are an alien-neanderthal hybrid.

Believe what you will.

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Tutankamen if that's directed to me you must be a GREAT IDIOT to be so passionate about such an utterly wrong idea.

This is as stupid if not more so, than the Flat-earthers.

In fact it's dumber than the flat earthers because anyone can tell how long it takes to pile up 9000 feet of ice, however it is hard to tell at human height that the world is round.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join