It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governement Spending and Debt Statistics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Its interesting to see how much money the government spends and how much debt we have. The interesting stat in the 11 Billion in gold reserves that the US has. The interest on the debt for the first 6 months for 2004 is more than all of 2003. Bummer

Figures on government spending and debt (last six digits are eliminated). The government's fiscal year runs Oct. 1 through Sept. 30.
Total public debt subject to limit Sept 9 7,329,538
Statutory debt limit 7,384,000
Total public debt outstanding Sept. 9 7,375,300
Operating balance Sept. 9 7,095
Interest fiscal 2004 thru July 290,046
Interest same period 2003 288,803
Deficit fiscal 2004 thru July 395,777
Total deficit fiscal 2003 374,226
Receipts fiscal 2004 thru July 1,534,702
Receipts same period 2003 1,476,233
Outlays fiscal 2004 thru July 1,930,479
Outlays same period 2003 1,800,187
Gold assets in August 11,045

Yahoo

[edit on 10-9-2004 by FredT]

[edit on 11-12-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
The US NAtional debts is now this: brillig.com...
7,532,599,095,580.73$

-I can't even consentrate long enough to read this number...

The estimated population of the United States is 295,000,325
so each citizen's share of this debt is $25,534.21.

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$1.72 billion per day since September 30, 2003

-Thats ALOT!

And what does the elected president do? -Go to war...
As if that will shrink the debts.

What will happen when the US goes bankrupt?
-Global inflation?
-The end of the monetary system as we know it?
How soon will this happen?

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Could it be that US of A has become too expensive for anyone to afford?

It's way out of my budget.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
IF anyone is interested in who we owe all this money to, I ran across this.....

www.treas.gov...

well actually, NoMoreFakeNews.com had an article that is referring to it.....

it points our this line:

Caribbean Banking Centers 2 85.2 88.4 83.3 83.3 85.8 68.4 57.1 67.4 60.5

and it's accompanying footnote:
2/ Includes Bahamas, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Netherlands Antilles, and Panama.

is laundered money financing our government??

the article is at:

www.nomorefakenews.com...

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ulvetann
The US NAtional debts is now this: brillig.com...
7,532,599,095,580.73$

And that number today is: 7,795,497,332,000.99$

...but nobody cares. There are other things to focus on. Something much more important. Something else...

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I figured it would amuse me to check out this old post again...
It is time for the show *GUESS THE RIGHT NUMBER!*, again!

Todays winning number, is... [drumroll] ... $8,112,464,801,658.84
-Public Debt as of 26 Nov 2005 at 08:25:56 PM GMT

Translated into what 1 US citizen own the rest of the world is; $27,240.04

And, hey, in only 2 years, The US Government has being able to spend 1 Trillion Dollar more! I find it very tragic. I also find it very interesting to be one of those that will have to experience the end of the runaway economical train.
Yiiiihaaa! Bring it on I say! I am ready. I am bored anyway...

No money?
-> Inflation!
-> War!
What is it good for?

Related link:
US National Debt Clock

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Is this federal debt? so what about local, state, etc. all the other levels they can bury it in. I heard figures thrown around of 20 trillion+ on all levels.

However this is counteracted by CAFR assets.

So whats the truth, who knows?

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamJ
Is this federal debt? so what about local, state, etc. all the other levels they can bury it in. I heard figures thrown around of 20 trillion+ on all levels.

However this is counteracted by CAFR assets.

So whats the truth, who knows?

To be honest, I have NO idea!
I tried to look up info about CAFR, and the information instantly gave me a severe headache, realizing this information is purely intended for those who have a weird sense of hobby, i.e. finance on a national level.
Anyway, if someone would enlighten me, here is a definition on CAFR:

COMPREHENSIVE ANNUAL FINANCIAL REPORT (CAFR). A financial report that encompasses all funds and component units of the government. The CAFR should contain (a) the basic financial statements and required supplementary information, (b) combining statements to support columns in the basic financial statements that aggregate information from more than one fund or component unit, and (c) individual fund statements as needed. The CAFR is the governmental unit's official annual report and also should contain introductory information, schedules necessary to demonstrate compliance with finance-related legal and contractual provisions, and statistical data. The CAFR of a public employee retirement system or an investment pool also should provide information on investments. Likewise, the CAFR of a public employee retirement system should provide actuarial information.

Source: Texas Education Agency

As You say, AdamJ, The CAFR consist of unimaginary huge amounts of documents 'explaining' where money has gone, let's call it 'into further investments'... ...It is by the share size of it all, very hard to see the leakage(s) in the economical system, but it obviously has to be there, otherwise, it would be (should be!) plugged, to stabilize the health of the system.

Can anyone explain to me, how the CAFR assets actually counteract the debts? How can there be any assets, if the debt continue to increase with this astounding speed? I thought perhaps, the CAFR, is more or less a report, consisting of the numbers that end up in the very familiar bottom line, in this case written in red ink?!

What is it that I don't understand regarding being in debt? In my ears, that has always meant: Out of Cash!

In this particular case, regarding US Trade, the number has since my last post last night, increased (which is bad), with 3 billion dollars!

What are the US intentions regarding payback? More war, or am I wrong?
The future of the US isn't too bright and shiny, imho.

Remember, this rant is coming from one that neccesarily wouldn't mind see the bottom up on the Republic! If I notice this unhealthy economic situation, shouldn't everyone else that DO care for the land of dreams?
I know. The question is How! -I don't know. I don't have the means.

China, or whoever the US is afraid of these days doesn't even have to attack by conventional OR unconventional means, they do what they have been doing all this time. Wait, and wait some more...

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 03:01 PM
link   

the number has since my last post last night, increased (which is bad), with 3 billion dollars!

Wow, you are right

Every time I refresh that page the number is increasing
...alarmingly fast!

U.S. NATIONAL DEBT CLOCK

The Outstanding Public Debt as of 27 Nov 2005 at 08:58:07 PM GMT is:

$8,115,673,793,663.05

The National Debt has continued to increase an average of
$3.14 billion per day since September 30, 2005!

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Actually more than half of the debt is held by American citizens, corporations, and other entities...this is the total debt not just what is owed to foreign bond holders.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Actually more than half of the debt is held by American citizens, corporations, and other entities...this is the total debt not just what is owed to foreign bond holders.

And if neither party has that money (which is why it’s debt) then a 3rd party has that money, or it is credit, in either case ti is money that needs to be created or earned, and that is the problem. Ie it’s the same thing in effect as owing money to other countries

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Can anyone explain to me, how the CAFR assets actually counteract the debts? How can there be any assets, if the debt continue to increase with this astounding speed? I thought perhaps, the CAFR, is more or less a report, consisting of the numbers that end up in the very familiar bottom line, in this case written in red ink?!

What is it that I don't understand regarding being in debt? In my ears, that has always meant: Out of Cash!
[/img]

CAFR ending up "in the very familiar bottom line" is the whole opposite of what CAFR is!
Basically cafr is just the proper financial accounts.
Budget is what they put forward to claim they are poor when they know full well they are not.
So i have to wonder if they are doing that racket at state level, then they might be doing the same thing higher up.

Anyway all it really comes down to is how this debt figure is calculated.

The source of this is a whole Bureau set up to measure public debt! interesting. Lots of information readily available for you to look at.

I downloaded there file, but its not the accounts, it just records everything they call debt. So it doesnt make much sense, to me anyway.

Im not sure how much 8 trillion really represents.

If im reading right the total 2004 tax recipts was 1.8 trillion.

Im not sure how much was made through state owned assets, or how much the assets are worth. They claim 500 billion of the 1.8 trillion income was from "off-budget."

It would be interesting to know how much the top 500 companies on the stock market are worth in trillions, that might give some meaningfull comparison, if public funds are actualy being diverted into aquiring their stock.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedDragon
And if neither party has that money (which is why it’s debt) then a 3rd party has that money, or it is credit, in either case ti is money that needs to be created or earned, and that is the problem. Ie it’s the same thing in effect as owing money to other countries

What do you mean? I'm saying the government owes more to U.S. citizens etc. than to foreigners. If I buy a U.S. Treasury Bond, the gov't owes that money to me, not a foreign nation.

cjf

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Yep....and this topic (along with 'trade deficits' encompass the vast majority of economic misconceptions; but ironically provokes the 'most' opinions).

Unfortunately, ‘looking’ at the US national debt is not as simple as ‘balancing a personal checkbook’, even seasoned politicians regularly make mistakes in discussing issues of the US national debt and deficits.

For a Start, there are two important basic issues when ‘looking’ at the US National Debt (ND).

1. The break down of debt in categories:

. Debt held by the public and Intergovernmental holdings

Debt Held by the Public as of November 1, 2005: US$4.65 trillion
Intergovernmental Holdings as of November 1, 2005: US$3.37 trillion

Debt Held by the Public.
Intergovernmental Holdings.
Brief Definitions Here, figures and source mentions for above

Also,

The pile of Intergovernmental Holdings includes Treasury bonds squirreled away in over 150 different trust funds and other accounts. The granddaddy of them all is the Social Security Trust fund (roughly $1.7 trillion), but there are other sizable accounts, including civil service and military retirement funds, highway and aviation trust funds, and bank insurance funds. But most of them are for causes and projects you’ve never heard of.
MSNBC Full Article

Note: FFB (2002 example pdf.)

2. Ratio of US National Debt to Gross National Product or (ND / GNP)

This ration will give indication as to the ‘health’ and ability of a given economy to ‘pay’

Example:
The current ratio is near (using fiscal year 2004) Debt US$7.4 trillion, GNP US$10.6 trillion, ratio=0.70

These ratios were higher in the early and mid 1990’s but for as an economic indicator of sorts, have not relatively changed since the early 1990’s. Another example is 1946 the ratio reached 1.28 not lowering to current ratio levels until 1954. Yet the country managed to pay for all the debt accumulated from WWII in twenty years.

I will continue to look for an article which discusses number 2 if there is interest.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
1.1 Trillion went 'missing' in 2000

dont trust their figures, you never know what they are up to

www.whereisthemoney.org...

Notes On What a Trillion Dollars Is

Finally, when reading the following it is worth pausing for a moment to consider just how much USD$1 trillion is.

A stack of 10 $100 dollar bills is roughly 1 mm thick and USD$10,000 in $100 dollar bills is a centimetre thick. From this we can deduce.

$1 million =
a 1 meter high pile of $100 dollar bills.

$1 billion =
a kilometer high pile of $100 dollar bills.

$1 trillion =
a 1000 kilometer high pile of $100 dollar bills (enough to stretch from Washington to New York three times -- or from Christchurch to Auckland.)

$3.3 trillion =
3300 kilometers of $100 dollar bills (enough to stretch easily from New Zealand to Australia or most of the way across the United States.)

Or put another way . . .

US GDP is roughly USD$10 Trillion a year -- ten times USD$1 Trillion -- and three times the $3.3 Trillion unaccounted for by the DoD. NZ GDP is roughly USD$50 Billion -- one twentieth of $1 Trillion.

www.ratical.org...

[edit on 23-12-2005 by AdamJ]

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
That is terrible but like anything we the people are the ones that will end up paying for everything.

And then you see the government cutting of social programs like health to find money to finance other areas that obviously are more important to them.

Pity.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Todays winning number, is... [drumroll] ... $8,112,464,801,658.84
-Public Debt as of 26 Nov 2005 at 08:25:56 PM GMT

Yup, if this were a business the Chinese would have the controlling interest. Thank God the Republicans don't run America like a business. Har.

Bill to your grandkids: $30 grand. Pay to the order of China and South Korea. Courtesy of Republican-led borrow and spend Congress.

Some days I really miss that projected surplus. Too bad somebody didn't propose a lock box on spending in 2000. Oh, they did. And got more votes!

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Wow, when do they call a financial runaway train, a financial runaway train?

In only one month, the debt has increased with approx. 60 BILLION DOLLAR!

Does it really matter arguing about what kind of debt it is?
I ask, are these 60 Billions, the interests? Or is it "only" the expenses?

[edit on 24-12-2005 by Ulvetann]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Wow, when do they call a financial runaway train, a financial runaway train?

In only one month, the debt has increased with approx. 60 BILLION DOLLAR!

Well sure, but haven't you heard? Fiscally "responsible" Republicans just cut programs for the middle class by $50 billion to partially offset the tax cut they just gave to Paris Hilton putting us deeper in the hole. Isn't that wonderful? For Paris Hilton?

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I wonder how the after Christmas blues is going to hit hard working American this season.

By the way After Christmas blues is when people realized that they has spend more than they could afford.

Then the good sales that spike the holiday season become tarnished with the record returns of merchandise.

But hey even that is going to be a very hard thing to do many places are changing policies on returns.

So, I am glad that my Christmas spending is actually starting with the after Christmas sales.

I have been saving just for that.

We are a nation that thrives on credit card debt and this year the tax cuts given to the rich and wealthy has made possible for exclusive stores to have a ball during the holidays.

The rest of the nation that is not so lucky will wake up to reality.

Cuts, cuts and more cuts to finance the war on terror and Iraq.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join