It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bush the anti-christ? You decide.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I originally posted this link on another thread, but I think it warrants its own, personally I don't believe in prophecies and armageddon and such, but this is some freaky reading. Please forgive me if anybody else has posted this link before me, but if not, take time to read this and tell me what you think.

www.bushisantichrist.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   
You'd think satan would be intelligent enough to choose someone with more mental capacities than GWB.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kastinyque
You'd think satan would be intelligent enough to choose someone with more mental capacities than GWB.

That may be the whole idea, to make people believe he is just some moron. But again, I really don't believe in prophecy, but it makes you think.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Is Bush the anti-christ?,

No I don't think he is the antichrist, and the reason I don't think he is is becasue he is not smart enough.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

No I don't think he is the antichrist, and the reason I don't think he is is becasue he is not smart enough.

But maybe he's not supposed to know he's the anti-christ, it is something he will become with his actions, Satan would be the one in control, who would be easier to control than a stupid shell of a man with great power?

[edit on 20-8-2004 by 27jd]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Well it could be some true to it, if he wins the elections again, then we will have to wait and see.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Personally, I hope he loses and we don't find out, it it's true, I guess the end really is near.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Doubt it, but I suppose anything is possible.

Afterall, he does EVIL things using the name of GOD to support his cause, and many people just seem to eat it up.

hmmmm.....

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I know everyone is using this as platform for humorous assaults on the President of the United States, but these are the rantings of a madman, which is very sad, in itself. Calling GW a draft dodger alone, is enough to discredit this poor soul. I would hope that those who find fault with the President could do so on the basis of fact rather than psychotic delusions.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I know everyone is using this as platform for humorous assaults on the President of the United States, but these are the rantings of a madman, which is very sad, in itself. Calling GW a draft dodger alone, is enough to discredit this poor soul. I would hope that those who find fault with the President could do so on the basis of fact rather than psychotic delusions.

Like I said, personally I don't believe in armageddon prophecies, I dislike the president for a number of other reasons, but one cannot ignore the coincidences in that man's claims. Did you read the entire page?

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

...psychotic delusions.

Wow...that's a tad harsh. If people have some information on who they think could possibly be the Anti-Christ I would think this forum is the perfect place to share it. Whether its true or not is debatable, but certainly not psychotic???

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Whom ever did that web page really has some bad vibes against bush, bush may be many things but and evil per say I don't think so.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Im not trying to be humorous, I really dont believe in satan either, but if satan were to pick someone I think that the person would have more respect in the public eye than GWB who through his misfortunate way of structuring sentences ( which many people like because they think it makes him seem like "one of them"), his lies about WMD's and about Iraq being an immenent threat to America, and his unfortunate choices in his conduction of "The War On Terrorism" , among other failings of the current president , he has lost too much faith from his audience to make him a good candidate for conducting the end of the world.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kastinyque
Im not trying to be humorous, I really dont believe in satan either, but if satan were to pick someone I think that the person would have more respect in the public eye than GWB who through his misfortunate way of structuring sentences ( which many people like because they think it makes him seem like "one of them"), his lies about WMD's and about Iraq being an immenent threat to America, and his unfortunate choices in his conduction of "The War On Terrorism" , among other failings of the current president , he has lost too much faith from his audience to make him a good candidate for conducting the end of the world.

If the devil does exist, what makes you think he would make it easy to figure out his motives or methods? Bush hasn't lost the support of his base, the religious right still stands behind him. The "four more years" crowd are alive and kicking. I don't know if you read the entire link, I know it's long, but each part addresses different aspects of Bush and alot of them seem to be right on. I'm not telling you to believe it, but like I said, it's very interesting and the coincidences are many.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman

Wow...that's a tad harsh. If people have some information on who they think could possibly be the Anti-Christ I would think this forum is the perfect place to share it. Whether its true or not is debatable, but certainly not psychotic???

It really isn't harsh at all. I read enough of the site to see that the man's argument is not rational and that much of it delusional in content. I would suggest that you don't know anything at all about psychosis or paranoid delusional disorders.

The man who put up that site is mentally ill or he is putting on a very good impression of a mentally ill person? Either way, the content is psychotic in nature.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This is another reason why I would never in my life want to become President. My life would be scrutinized to no end, my private life would be nonexsistent, and crap like this. Websites, pictures, commentary, etc. all from people who don't know one thing about me. Talked about, ridiculed, embarrassed...and all for what?

Bush is not the anti Christ. Period. What a load of crap.

The anti Christ will more than likely be a well like and well respected WORLD leader. Does Bush look like he's trying to get the world to like him or even cares what the rest of the world thinks??? Besides, we are still a ways away from any one world government.

The anti christ will not do things in the name of God, he will do things and claim he is God. I can guarentee you Bush would not do that....he would lose the majority of his base votes. And if he did it after the election, he would be impeached for being mentally unfit for the job.

It's also indicated in the Bible that the anti christ(s) will have some supernatural powers. lol, can you name one miracle Bush has done? (and no, getting congress to support the Iraqi war isn't one)

It's possible, but I doubt the anti christ will even be American.

I don't know, I just think that some people take their hatred of people they have not met and more than likely will never meet in real life a little too far.

[edit on 20-8-2004 by ThatsJustWeird]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   

It really isn't harsh at all. I read enough of the site to see that the man's argument is not rational and that much of it delusional in content. I would suggest that you don't know anything at all about psychosis or paranoid delusional disorders.

The man who put up that site is mentally ill or he is putting on a very good impression of a mentally ill person? Either way, the content is psychotic in nature.

I'm not quite sure of that. Please remember that I'm not saying I agree with the individual that wrote on that site, but he is entitled to his own opinion! Does having a belief in something that one cannot fully prove, like this gentleman, mean that one is psychotic?

No...if that was true half the religious people that drone on and on about God would have been committed to a mental institution. Trying to prove something you believe in is quite difficult, as we have seen in many a post on this site. Does this make everyone on here mentally psychotic?

No...I'm afraid not! Having strong opinions and beliefs and being mentally ill are two completely different things and should never be confused with each other.

PS- What makes someone mentally ill? The only way to guage this is if someone does not fit into societal norms and/or does something that we "normal" people think is odd. I'm certainly not suggesting that every truely mentally ill person that goes around and shoots random people simply does not fit into our "norm", but there is a clear contrast between the truely mentally ill and people that think differently than most.

This being said, I do think your opinion was a bit harsh.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Maybe its his way of decieving the public.

Saying Bush isn't smart enough is condeming every American citizen, eligible to vote, to a life of stupidty for voting a madman into office.

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Does having a belief in something that one cannot fully prove, like this gentleman, mean that one is psychotic?

No.

Trying to prove something you believe in is quite difficult, as we have seen in many a post on this site. Does this make everyone on here mentally psychotic?

No.

Having strong opinions and beliefs and being mentally ill are two completely different things and should never be confused with each other.

Yes.

What makes someone mentally ill?

Little is known about what makes a person mentally ill, but there are strong indicators of the kinds of behaviors and thought processes that constitute mental illness. These are well documented and are easily found on the internet.

The only way to guage this is if someone does not fit into societal norms and/or does something that we "normal" people think is odd.

These are insufficient grounds to deem a person mentally ill and they are not the means by which diagnoses are made of the mentally ill. Certain strict criteria must be met.

[T]here is a clear contrast between the truely mentally ill and people that think differently than most.

This is absolutely true.

This being said, I do think your opinion was a bit harsh.

It is not harsh. It is clinical. The writings on this site have clear indications of a thought disorder and indicate that the person may be mentally ill. Clearly, I cannot diagnose the person himself, but the material on this site goes beyond the eccentric or merely misguided accusations. The content, its organization and its reliance on bizarre false beliefs are a textbook example of the writing of the mentally ill. Maybe the author is not crazy, but his writings are enough to strongly indicate that he is.

So based upon these observations, I have stated that using these writing as a platform for bashing the president is not only unfair to the president, but makes light of the author who presents as someone who is ill and therefore should not be exploited for this purpose.

So, if you believe that it is rational to assume that the President is the anti-christ because, among other things, having been the Governer of Texas, he flashes the "hook 'em horns" sign, then that's your choice.

But, I believe that your using this opportunity to reseach the symptomology of psychosis and paranoid delusional disorders, would better serve you and would thereby help you to become a more critical thinker.

[edit on 04/8/21 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I don't see how you can consider him mentally ill in any way. Unless you consider prophecies of armageddon to be delusional in general, which is a valid position. But it does not read to me like rantings, he presents facts, provides sources, and comes across a very intelligent person. If you were a person who believed in the armageddon, this info whould likely be very concerning. Those of us who do not believe in the armageddon, could easily dismiss any talk of it, from any source, as psychosis.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join