It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Error Puts Kennedy on Airline No-Fly List

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Seems that even our lawmakers are not immune to government mistakes. Teddy Kennedy was denied bording not once but twice on a US Airways flight because he was on the governments "no fly" list

news.yahoo.com
WASHINGTON - The Senate Judiciary Committee (news - web sites) heard this morning from one of its own about some of the problems with airline "no fly" watch lists. Sen. Edward Kennedy (news, bio, voting record), D-Mass., says he had a close encounter with the lists when trying to take the U.S. Airways shuttle out of Washington to Boston. The ticket agent wouldn't let him on the plane. His name was on the list in error.
After a flurry of phone calls, Kennedy was able to fly home, but then the same thing happened coming back to Washington.

Kennedy says it took three calls to Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge to get his name stricken from the list. The process took several weeks, in all.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I can see Teddy being denied boarding because he was boozed up, but not as a terror threat. But on a serious not. Kennedy had the clout to talk directly to Ridge and it still took weeks to get his name off the list. What about us regular schlubs? Months to years?

[edit on 8-19-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Republican hi-jinks. He was put on the list on purpose.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
Republican hi-jinks. He was put on the list on purpose.

Please when something happens to a Dem its not always Bush's fault.
Perhaps it was a Kerry sympathier in Homeland security that did it? Kerry and Teddy have not seen eye to eye in the past.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hey I am not a Bush Basher, I am a Republican. I just think it is highly suspect that Teddy would get on a list, since of course he has been such an A@# lately.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Sucks when elitists are treated like the commoner.
A bitter taste of reality for Teddy.
Maybe it's Karmic payback for an old car accident?

new topics

top topics

join