It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Maryland Courthouse Employees Hunt Ghost

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
In a developing story involving employees working at an old courthouse in Maryland something strange has happened. Is it a ghost or not? Kent County Courthouse security cameras may have captured a ghost on video. Security personnel, while viewing video, claim to have seen what seems to be a ghost "walking" up stairs inside the old courthouse; all captured on a new security system installed early in July. Though no images have been made public yet the stories of those involved are interesting to say the least.

Kent County Courthouse

ABCNEWS.com Full Article

The word "ghost" is hot on the lips of Kent County Court House employees. A new $75,000 security system installed July 1 hasn't caught any criminals, but it did capture some haunting images of what appears to be a strange light "walking" in one stairwell.

"It didn't show up to the eye, but it showed up on tape," said security officer Phillip Price.

Security personnel first saw the light while looking at a surveillance tape recorded July 29, and it appeared live for more than an hour the next day.
After noticing the light, Price walked up the stairs and didn't see a thing. But downstairs, where by then a crowd of employees had gathered to watch, the video monitor revealed the strange light proceeding ahead of Price, stopping when he stopped and starting when he started.

At one point, those watching the video feed saw Price walk through the anomaly, they said. That was about the time that Price said he felt something.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Though I do not believe in ghosts because I have never seen one. This one has to make one wonder.

Could all involved have made this up? If so why?

Sometimes the news is stranger than fiction.

It will be interesting to see how this developing story evolves.

Perhaps dust on the camera?

As of now there are no images or video being made public. Though this does involve many people who all claim to have seen it. The tape has been sent to the company that provided the security cameras for further analysis.

Related Source Link:

MD Courthouse Employees Hunt Ghost

[edit on 6-8-2004 by UM_Gazz]

[edit on 8-6-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The actualy video becomming available would be a nice first step.

You can't make much from those articles.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Reminds me of the Hampton Court ghost in London caught opening and closing doors on camera. Perhaps CCTV is going to prove a lot more than what we thought in the future.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Can't find any links to images or video yet. But I have made some contacts in the area and the story checkes out. Still no one is able to explain what was seen on the video.

Not sure when or if the video will be available. This story is being run by top news sites including sourced from AP.

Hey remeber news happens!

I could report other things, but it is all covered... for the most part and this just came up!

EDIT: Added quote from the original article:

Officials are still trying to find a scientific explanation for the anomaly, such as dust spots on the camera lens or a malfunctioning battery. A digital copy of the data has been sent to Atlantic Security, the firm that installed the cameras.

Gazz

[edit on 6-8-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Looking for any kind of updates in reguards to this story.

I could definatly see a courthouse of that age being haunted. I worked one summer as an intern in the Winchester City hall, here in Winchester VA. I was doing some computer cabling up in the extremly large and empty attic, and would sense something up there with me. I never experianced anything while in the building, but I was aware of something going on in the paranormal rhelm.

Fry

top topics

join