It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorist Threat or Market Crash?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Terrorist threat or market crash?

Either way the "Financial Sector" will be well defended. Maybe the two benefits justify raising the threat levels for specific areas, luckily the areas are also close to the GOP convention and should enhance the safety of the event. Having extra protection in case this space/time continuum thing decides now is the time for the "mother'' of all financial crises is a good thing. Don't worry or fret about such things, "rest assured" that Homeland Security and this administration, have your ass covered�..either way.

This afternoon, we do have new and unusually specific information about where al Qaida would like to attack. As a result, today, the United States Government is raising the threat level to Code Orange for the financial services sector in New York City, Northern New Jersey and Washington, D.C

I admit this threat thing, is completely over my head.

www.dhs.gov...

Since the founding of the Federal Reserve in 1913, the U.S. dollar has lost over 95% of its purchasing power.

www.financialsense.com...

I think derivatives are to the financial world, as quantum theory is to physics�..mysterious, beautiful in concept, difficult to prove and appreciate. Quantum theory has the potential to bring tremendous improvements in the future. As for derivatives�..we�ll, they say for every action, there is and equal and opposite reaction.

Respects,

[edit on 1-8-2004 by 1amc]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Interesting theory. I like it. But we'll have to wait and see.

I have heard about derivatives and that they could one day make the Savings & Loan scandal look like someone lost a couple of quarters. But I have no references handy.

Perhaps you could expand your theory by giving a little more background on the derivatives situation?

EDIT: PS Great article by Financial Sense. Thanks!

[edit on 8/1/2004 by Gools]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It is a relatively well known fact that certain parts American intelligence agencies watch the stock market. In fact before 9/11 they noticed a large amount of put options put on American Airlines and United Airlines.

Check out this article for more in depth info

www.hereinreality.com...

new topics

join