It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramids

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Alright, I have heard many theories on how the Great Pyramids were made. They include

1. Aliens
  2. Anti-Gravitational Devices
  3. Manually building them

I have also heard things like the Great Pyramids actually have inverted Pyramids underneath them.

I was wonder if any of you had any other theories or ideas about these Great Pyramids.

`MacKiller

[edit on 15-7-2004 by MacKiller]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
One of my favorite pyramid theories is the one put forward by that British machinist turned Egyptologist. He proposed that the Great Pyramid was, in actuality, a very sophisticated power generation furnace that used free microwave energy amplyfied by floating, tuned granite slabs in the ceiling of the "King's Chamber" in coherence with the Earth's fundamental vibrating frequency (explaining why there is so much mass involved in the Great Pyramid's construction), which in turn exited channeled-in hydrogen (or was it nitrogen?) gas atoms from the "Queens Chamber," releasing enormous amounts of heat energy.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by neomoniker]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Another question I pose is how did they move the granite?

I remember hearing something about how they moved these many ton granite pieces over hundreds of miles from their source. How is that possibe?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
There's so many theories out there on how they were erected it's mind-boggoling....I subscribe to manual labor, primarily b/c some of the theories that have been suggested have been tested and proven successful...

Here are some interesting links on this subject:
NOVA
Logistical Aspects of Pryamid Construction (PDF file)

Here's an interesting quote from the NOVA site:

NOVA: In your extensive work and research at Giza have you ever once questioned whether humans built the pyramids?

LEHNER: No. But have I ever questioned whether they had divine or super intelligent inspiration? I first went to Egypt in 1972 and ended up living there 13 years. I was imbued with ideas of Atlantis and Edgar Cayce and so on. So I went over, starting from that point of view, but everything I saw told me, day by day, year by year, that they were very human and the marks of humanity are everywhere on them. And you see there's this curious reversal where sometimes New Age theorists say that Egyptologists and archaeologists are denigrating the ancient culture. They sometimes put up a scarecrow argument that we say they were primitive. And the New Agers sometimes want to say these were very sophisticated, technologically sophisticated people who built these things, they were not primitive. Well, actually there's a certain irony here, because they say they were very sophisticated technological civilizations and societies that built the pyramids and the Sphinx, and yet they weren't the ones that we find. So to me, it's these suggestions that are really denigrating the people whose names, bodies, family relationships, tools, bakeries that we actually find.

Everything that I have found convinces me more and more that indeed it is this society that built the Sphinx and the pyramids. Everytime I go back to Giza my respect increases for those people and that society, that they could do it. You see, to me it's even more fascinating that they did this. And that by doing this they contributed something to the human career and its overall development actually. Rather than just saying, you know copping out and saying, there's no way they could have done this. I think that denigrates the people whose evidence we actually find.

[edit on 7/15/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Consider that there are billions upon billions of star systems in the universe. Consider also that we are not it's oldest inhabitants (in terms of the age of our Sun in comparision to other stars), and that we still to this day do not posses the technology to find life even as close as our nearest stars. Now think about an advanced race, perhaps millions of years older than humans, and it's easy to surmise that they could travel from star to star. There is however no way to say for sure that they could do this in a blink of an eye, the laws of physics MUST apply to all kinds. Not that we have the final solution or all the answers of the physical universe. Now imagine if you will, an advanced race 42 star systems away. At some point in their evolution they feel that it is there duty or right to "seed" the stars or distant possible worlds with life. Considering the distance and the time that such an action would take, how would they or the worlds that they have helped populate find there way home? By laying breadcrumbs down on the planets that they fill with life. It's well known that the great pyramids "points" to a local star system or group of stars (can't recall the name at the moment), but we still cannot travel to those stars with current technology. My theory is this, the aliens (or whatever name you want to give them) built the great pyramids to point home or back to the last star system that they inhabited/seeded. What a discover it would be to travel to that star system and find the remains of an older pyramid pointing to yet another and so on. Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:34 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
People get bored and make up stuff, thats all.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
A few facts on pyramids:

There are thousands of them, and most known ancient civilizations made some form of hill or pyramid for various purposes.

Egyptian ones show a clearly evolving form. They aren't "stand-alone" objects, but they also have writing inside them, workers huts nearby (with writing and artifacts inside them as well as the graves of the workers), and they have "funeral chapels/temples" nearby them which said when many of them were built and who they were built for.

And they're not made of granite. They're made of limestone (some are made of brick, I believe.)

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

And they're not made of granite. They're made of limestone (some are made of brick, I believe.)

Limestone blocks were used to construct the exterior and bulk of the interior, however, the "King's Chamber" is lined in granite.

PS: I've just discovered that the exterior casing of the pyramid was also made granite but has long since pealed away leaving the limestone bulk exposed.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I believe them to be built by humans, but who knows if there was Exrtraterrestrial influence. One thing is for sure, they line up with the belt of Orion in said constellation. They are a lot older than say, the pyramid of Zoser, which is supposed to be the oldest pyramid structure in Egypt and I say this because their was never any writing found in the Pyramids of Giza, only some scribbles that Lord Carnivan (sp?) possibly forged himself to make it look like Khufu had the pyramids built. The words were not spelled right and were very crudely done.

Another thing intriguing about the pyramids of Giza (especially Khufu's) is that no bodies were ever found inside. People have often stated that the pyramids were done over by grave robbers, but fail to realize that the Granite blocks blocking all entrances were perfectly preserved and unbroken.

There is also the matter of the tunnels ascending from the inner chamber which only recently were viewed by a small rover type of vehicle. At the ends of 2 of the small tunnels appeared to be tiny little doors with some sort of crudely fashioned metal handles. Who knows whats beyond them, but some have speculated they are secret chambers hidden within the pyramids that contain who knows what (alien bodies, corpses, an ancient library of scrolls, etc.)!

The pyramids are facinating, but the Sphinx is more facinating as it appears to have been eroded by water, and only mass rain water could have caused these erosion marks. Now for the kicker.......

....it hasn't rained that hard in Egypt since the last Ice Age 10,000-12,000 yrs. ago. This means that the Sphinx may very well be the oldest man-made structure on Earth.

Check out the info. yourself as there is plenty of souces of information on this!

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Well Egypt is a land of mystery. Know one really knows hoq the Egyptian arcitecture goes, who they had contact with, and all of their technologies.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Isn't limestone part of what cement is composed of? Has it ever been suggested (or disproven) that the pyramids (or parts of them) were actually poured in place?
I'm not so much suggesting as just asking. Somebody have a source to answer?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
they perpley made manually the great pyrimads were siad to be order to be made by tu huting karmen or somthing

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I'm of the opinion that the Great Pyramid complex are the original, first, pyramid structures built and all the others were mere copies constructed by later civilizations. What's most notable is that the originals were not ornately decorated with hieroglyphs as the follow on ones were, denoting the intention for their fabrication was not to serve as Pharonic crypts but something else.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by neomoniker

Originally posted by Byrd

Limestone blocks were used to construct the exterior and bulk of the interior, however, the "King's Chamber" is lined in granite.

PS: I've just discovered that the exterior casing of the pyramid was also made granite but has long since pealed away leaving the limestone bulk exposed.

At one time, they, the pyramids, would shine so brightly you could see them even further than you could now from just their height....but as you have mentioned above the outer layers have worn off. The study of ancient Egypt is one of my hobbies and it is "my" personal opinion they are not man-made, or not only man made, How or who? I don't know......

The Pyramid lies in the center of gravity of the continents. It also lies in the exact center of all the land area of the world, dividing the earth's land mass into approximately equal quarters.
A total of over 2,300,000 (or only 590,712)* blocks of limestone and granite were used in its construction with the average block weighing 2.5 tons and none weighing less than 2 tons. The large blocks used in the ceiling of the King's Chamber weigh as much as 9 tons.

The base of the pyramid covers 13 acres, 568,500 square feet and the length of each side was originally 754 feet, but is now 745 feet.
The original height was 481 feet tall, but is now only 449 feet.
The majority of the outer casing, which was polished limestone, was removed about 600 years ago to help build cities and mosques which created a rough, worn, and step-like appearance.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I remember hearing something that because of the amount of blocks they used, and the time that they did it in, in order for them to do it all by hand, they would have to lay one block (weighting somewhere between 500 pounds to sometimes up to 9 tons) every 30 seconds, 24/7 straight for something like 20 years.

I think that that is next to impossible! How would these people survive???

Has anyone else heard this and would like to share the exact details of it?

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
I remember hearing something that because of the amount of blocks they used, and the time that they did it in, in order for them to do it all by hand, they would have to lay one block (weighting somewhere between 500 pounds to sometimes up to 9 tons) every 30 seconds, 24/7 straight for something like 20 years.

I think that that is next to impossible! How would these people survive???

Has anyone else heard this and would like to share the exact details of it?

Giant logic flaw in that....thats assuming a constant rate of work being done...meaning only one block was being moved and layed at a time. Now if you had say 30,000 laborers all cutting stone, then all moving stone, then all placing stone the job becomes much more sensical.

So rather than one block being cut, moved, and placed before th enext, you easily could have had thousands of blocks being placed in a day at the same time by different work crews. Not only could the rate durring a busy day be in the range of 1 block per second, but those fast days leave more than enough time for the remaining work near the top where things would slow down.

Also the only EVIDENCE for how the pyramids were made is Heroditus' acount of "lever machines" made of "Wood and rope".

You can talk about magical levitation or aliens if you want...but in the end HUMAN DETERMINATION built the pyramids. Don't sell humanity short with fancy ancient tech or alien races.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quest

Originally posted by MacKiller

You can talk about magical levitation or aliens if you want...but in the end HUMAN DETERMINATION built the pyramids. Don't sell humanity short with fancy ancient tech or alien races.

But it's so much fun th other way

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

The study of ancient Egypt is one of my hobbies and it is "my" personal opinion they are not man-made, or not only man made, How or who? I don't know......

The majority of the outer casing, which was polished limestone, was removed about 600 years ago to help build cities and mosques which created a rough, worn, and step-like appearance.

That's entirely possible, LadyV...that they aren't man made. I'm not what you might term a connoisseur of ancient Egypt, pyramid theory, etc. I'm more a casual follower of anything that captures my interest or imagination.

Christopher Dunns Giza Power Plant idea definitely caught my attention when I first heard of it a few years back. I was and am facinated by it. Are you familier with Dunns power plant hypothesis, LadyV? It's DYNAMITE!

Dunns writes that the exterior casing was made of granite. You say it was polished limestone
So, the question is, "Which is it?"

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Everything that I have seen/heard/read says limestone. I Haven't heard of granite before, not that that means much.

I thought they were supposed to be very light when seen from a distance. Almost white and shining. This doesn't sound like granite to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join