It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: 200 pounds Of High Explosives That Were Stolen Are Found.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:12 AM
link   
NBC11 is reporting that approximately 200 pounds of high explosives have been stolen from a storage facility in San Mateo County. The news source also reported that officials are reluctant to reveal details of the investigation.

Explosives Discovered Missing Over Holiday Weekend

A number of agencies share use of the storage facility, including the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the San Francisco Police Department and the San Mateo County sheriff's office, said bureau spokeswoman Marti McKee.

"ATF will employ all the resources available to us to track down these stolen explosives, return the explosives to safe storage, and find those responsible for the theft," Torres said.

In general, McKee said, high explosives like dynamite require detonation, whereas lower explosives like pipe bombs typically go off after being ignited.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

All of the agencies who share the usage of the storage facility are participating in the investigation. The bureau is requesting that anyone with relevant information should contact their local police department.

The explosives have been found, below i post the link to another member's thread who reported the news of the find.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

-------Edited to update the title and information----------

[edit on 8-7-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:21 AM
link   
All I can say to this is..
'poopoo'/..
How could they just break in that easily??

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Crap , I live in San Mateo Co. , I hope this is just a holiday I wanna make athings go boom boom theft . The last thing we need is a big explosion on the Golden Gate or Bay bridges . It would effectively shut down San Francisco and cost MILLIONS of dollars inside of a normal work day .

They pulled the National Guard off The Golden Gate Bridge when the Governator took office to cut costs , which I don't mind . There were 2-4 men with automatic weapons at either end of the bridge who needed housing and compensation , and I never heard of 1 vehichle stopped or searched .

Not much you can do except keep living your life , and not give into fear .

Hoping these guys get caught real quick tho' .

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Damn thats all you guys need in the US a hell of a lot of high grade explosives on the move with someone planing to used them. I hope they are found soon.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dwh0
Damn thats all you guys need in the US a hell of a lot of high grade explosives on the move with someone planing to used them. I hope they are found soon.

Its a bummer, I live in Palo Alto. Its near Crystal Springs Resevoir. Just a nit of triva for you non-bay area folk. The San Andreas fault runs right underneath it. Also right there on Crystal Springs if the Filovi Estate. In the opening sequence of Dynasty, the mansion shown is the Filovi estate.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha
All I can say to this is..
'poopoo'/..
How could they just break in that easily??

Its really in the middle of BF nowere and hidden from the road. We used to street race out there on Canada road and there is really not alot out there.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
i live in sf, hell at least if they lighty it off, it would be a good firework show

just ... ya there prolly up to no good

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Um, big frickin deal.

200 pounds of high explosives? And you're worried for your safety?

The only rare thing here is that this was reported, normally this goes unreported because the people responsible are embarassed or afraid they are criminally negligent.

Get a perspective, people.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I wouldn't know explosives/dynamite if it came up and bit me. What does it look like??..... A while back there was a report explosives were being found along side a Hwy in Texas.....Story fizzeled out, with no other explaination of who, what, when.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Just heard on the radio , that they found the boom booms over in Hayward in a storage locker .

The police found a stolen van at a Home Depot with some blasting caps in it , and this somehow led them to the locker . I have no idea how . Good to know it's out of the wrong hands .

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo

Um, big frickin deal.

200 pounds of high explosives? And you're worried for your safety?

The only rare thing here is that this was reported, normally this goes unreported because the people responsible are embarassed or afraid they are criminally negligent.

Get a perspective, people.

What are you talking about ? Of course we should be concerned for peoples safety .

May have been a construction worker or some nut , who knows .

Not that concerned for my own safety in this case , more that of others .

I think that is the right perspective as opposed to dismissing it , 200 pounds of high explosives ...."Big Deal " ? I think so...

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by oddtodd
Just heard on the radio , that they found the boom booms over in Hayward in a storage locker .

The police found a stolen van at a Home Depot with some blasting caps in it , and this somehow led them to the locker . I have no idea how . Good to know it's out of the wrong hands .

Thank god did you see pictures of the "bunkers"????? They were just steel storage shed with a padlock!!!!!! WTF???? What moron decided that would be safe!

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Yep, looks like they have recovered these anyway.

posted on Jul, 8 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Yes, a couple of members saw the news and reported it.

In the thread below, another member also posted a link to the report of the explosives found.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join