It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAM AKA RadioAbsorbantMaterial

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
in another post i had i said how toxic this stuff was has anyone else come into close contact with this material...For those who dont know what im talking about the military uses RAM on the B-2, F-117...it is toxic if absorbed into the skin and comes in sheets that are very heavy..anyone else have any imput on this Ram stuff

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'm pretty damn sure its Radar Absorbent Material.

The angles on the F-117 and B2 are designed to give it a low radar cross section, the radar absorbent paints also help give it an anechoic property when it comes to internal emissions.

Its a mix of low observability, radar cross section reducing and heat dissipation that makes them stealthy. Although there is the usage of alloys and polymers designed to help. I doubt they are highly toxic to the touch though.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
i know for sure not to the touch but if a piece were to break off and cut you and u didnt get it out of skin you would be really bad off

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Yes, because I lick classified airforce projects all the time.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It is Also used on the B-1, it is highly classified, but yes it is potentially harmful to touch...we were warned NEVER to handle it if the covering was broken...I would describe it vaguely but I think even that is probably too close for comfort.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
this thing has been out so long i wouldnt call it classified...any hoodrat from the bronx could get clearence to see this pos...but like you said you dont get to lick it as much

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
well if you want to lick a classified coating which is poisonous the do it ps. who the hell would lick ram and only if rub against it will it go into you skin so it will kill you only if your stupid.

[edit on 6-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wickedwillow
this thing has been out so long i wouldnt call it classified...any hoodrat from the bronx could get clearence to see this pos...but like you said you dont get to lick it as much

Well I dont know about you but I last patched some ACTUAL RAM in 2003
it sure as hell was classified then..go ahead tell all you know...I'm not at liberty.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
lol yes that stuff is its a pain to use i hear

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
We usually patched small chips or "dings" with an epoxy affectionately known as "B-half"...LOL...it was marked Part "A" and Part "B" to be mixed 50/50 ...somewhere I expect some crew chief while mixing said "pass me the B-half"...and it stuck...(wow a glue pun)

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
anyone ever see where this ram stuff comes from or who makes it

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberpilot
It is Also used on the B-1, it is highly classified, but yes it is potentially harmful to touch...we were warned NEVER to handle it if the covering was broken...I would describe it vaguely but I think even that is probably too close for comfort.

LOL good luck,if someone answers you beyond that, I would expect they would get a carpet call...

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
i know its probally classified but isnt that what this site is for lol???

d1k

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Yes, because I lick classified airforce projects all the time.

I thought of a very rude joke just now.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
can u please tell your joke and what is a carpet call please tell

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
if this is so toxic why dont the manufactures come out and tell us where this is made and why its so toxic

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

can u please tell your joke and what is a carpet call please tell

Carpet call is slang for being called into an office, in order to hear just how much trouble you've managed to get yourself into.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
glad im not in office but nothing classified is said just makeing observation ty for make point though

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   

if this is so toxic why dont the manufactures come out and tell us where this is made and why its so toxic

Need to know basis.

And you... don't need to know.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
what kind of site is this..isnt this a place that people gte to gether and share information that they have found out?????why is everyone here so scared to talk whats the point of this site???

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join