It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I.D. this aircraft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I recieved this from a friend of a friend.
I don't think it's fake.

I did alot of searching and didn't see anything like it.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
WTF?? That looks like a wierd aircraft, I dont think I've ever seen one of those anymore..
Does he have any more pictures or like details etc of it? e.g. is it sweeped wingspan or is it straight, number of engines, etc?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

another thread on the same plane... it's a plane made up for the movie "stealth" apparantly.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ok here's another one. Is it for a movie? Or is the movie a cover?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
There is another thread here and here about an aircraft called the switchblade. Looks similar to the pick above with its wings swept forward.

Looks like www.area51zone.com is a questionable site.

AKA The Bird of Prey?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Why the hell would they make a airplane THAT relistic for a damn movie?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by winx

Have you seen movies? The key to a good movie is for it to be realistic.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
i dont think that is for a movie that looks like it uses a ramjet engine because of the back engine cutout to real for a movie i agree.
very interseting if they actually have this.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

They would'nt with the state of CGI in movies.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I'll go see this one when it comes out. Speaking of realism in movies:

...the film will feature over 800 visual effects with jets designed with the cooperation of the head designers at Northrop Aviation. Digital Domain, which is currently working on Fox's tentpole The Day After Tomorrow, will tackle the majority of the f/x shots.

ComingSoon.net
edit: FilmJerk

CGI is handy, but models and sets aren't dead just yet.

[edit on 28-6-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Looks like it is not CGI. This is from someone that is on the USS Abraham Lincoln.

weblog and pic

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Go to www.news.navy.mil... and do a search for 'stealth'. Get lots of pictures, including cast and crew. If you look closely at the last pic sent by TheDozer, you can see a cameraman on the right side in the middle.

Gah, this is much more fun than work.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I used to be a student at Pinewood Movie Studios, my tutor was one of the designers Of Tim Burtons Batmobile and he was up for an oscar for his work on Aliens. Trust me ive seen stuff that looks bloody real but is just carefully painted plywood. LOL

Ive held Siggy Weavers Pulse Rifle from Aliens and the Smart Gun, Terminators Minigun, Blades Sword and MAC 10 converstions the actual ones! They all look futuristic AND they work! huge gout of flame out of the front of the Smart just like in Aliens. Film makers are bloody inventive people.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
dont give me this movie cover up BS, its real! i could debate why but cant be bothered. I know its real...

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Inf0rm3r
dont give me this movie cover up BS, its real! i could debate why but cant be bothered. I know its real...

do you honestly think that if it were a real aircraft that the government would allow for these pictures to continue being posted? no, i would think not. it is based off of however on the idea that this craft was created in part of a top secret government project. for more info: www.imdb.com...

to me it seems a bit like a rip off of the 80s movie "war games."

as for not being bothered to debate its existence, is that because you have no proof of it other than this movie prop?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
As a crew member of the mighty Abe I can tell you that I was there during the filming of this movie, this occured while we were in the Socal areas. This prop was lifted onto the ship with a crane and then a lot of the scenes were filmed. The film had been filmed on other carriers previously and had to be completed aboard CVN-72 We had the mock up aboard for about 1 week and the night shots, close up shots and the remaining shots were filmed using it, I had the chance to see it and touch it and can tell you that it was pretty realistic, however there were no engines or anything like that, however it did have power to work the insturment lights and other mock up lights. We even joked about wanting to shoot it off a catapult to see how far it would go... no secret ops going on.. the movie comes out this next year........

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
aaaaaaaaaaaaand there you have it ladies and gentlemen. Unless anderson360 is a government disinformation agent...

Does anyone remember Firefox with Clint Eastwood? Great film for its time.

new topics

top topics

join