It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor: Hoax

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor was right
has anyone heard the theory that the person claiming to be titor was really a woman?

no, but he has been tagged as hoaxing other boards saying he is an alien.

www.livejournal.com...

Towards the end, his tale fell apart completely. He had personal contact with some of the anomalies.net board mods and promised far more than he could deliver. After repeatedly stepping on his own story (in examples given above and those I didn't go into) he promised a video would be made of his 'jump' home. Word had it that the video was made...then it simply never arrived. The final breakdown of his story appears in this link, as the moderators discover that he is indeed still with us...posing as an alien on another board.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Well to be honest I'm not quite sure what to make of the whole John Titor story. I do know his incorrect predictions aren't all that suprising. Anyone familiar with the particular theory of "Time Travel" he described knows full well what he is drescribing is not Timetravel. It's more like Parallel universe jumping. He described his lack of concern with our future simply because our future was not his furture. So saying he's hoaxer just because the historic events he described in his past haven't come to pass in our timeline shows a disregard for what he actually said and a lack of understanding of the whole concept of alternat/parallel universes. I haven't seen any of the supposed photos of his time machine, it's effects, and the vids that are supposed to exist. I'd love to get my hands on some. So I will reserve judgement on that portion of his story.

Just incase you don't get it I'll give you a simple illustration. Say you jump into a time machine with your freinds watching. You activate it and leave the present. Your friends would see you vanish but but that would be it. Life would go on with out any change to the timeline. Now say you went into the past and met your father before you were conceived. You kill him but nothing happens to you. You don't wipe yourself out of existance. Your friends in the fufture don't forget who you are/were. Everyone you knew or interacted with in the past still has full memory of you. Your original timeline/reality is still marching along just fine unaltered. Why is this? Because you actually jumped from our timeline to a similar but different one. Which is exactly what Titor was describing. Parallel timelines would be similar but not exactly the same. So again basing your claims of hoax on event not happening like he said they did just means you have to do some of your own research into the theories he was illustrating.

Originally posted by Kano
Creating a thread to collect all the inconsistencies and errors in JT's large body of work.

First one is a fundamental scientific one. (And really the only one needed its that blatant).

In this image:

This is a picture taken in the fall of 2035 during my training. It shows my instructor beaming a handheld laser outside the vehicle during operation. The beam is being bent by the gravitational field produced outside the vehicle by the distortion unit. The beam is visible through smoke that is coming from his cigar.

He claims the light from the laser is being bent as it passes through the gravitational field of the device. If this was the case, ALL the light passing near the device would be bent. This would give a gravitational lensing effect that would be noticeable in the image. Also, the light reflecting off the smoke particles would also be bent on its return trip to the observer, thus the laser beam would still appear straight to the observer.

Another big one is his claims of Civil Unrest and indeed a Civil War in the US in 2004/2005. (He actually contradicts himself a few times, saying 2005 instead of 2004 and vice versa).
The civil war in the United States will start in 2004. I would describe it as having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse.
and again:
This becomes apparent around 2004 as civil unrest develops near the next presidential election.

Now, we haven't seen any Waco type events so far. Nor any Civil Unrest leading up to this coming election.

Another large thing with all of Titor's comments and predictions. Is that he never once mentioned 9-11, the Bali Bombing, the Madrid Bombings, the Invasion of Afghanistan or Iraq. In fact nothing about the war on terror at all.

He does however comment on the Palestinian/Israeli conflict (the Intifada started in September 2000, so that had already happened when he started posting). He claims this conflict has a hand in bringing the US into civil war. As it stands, this conflict has settled down somewhat, and there are far far greater international issues that affect the US.

Now, why would Titor post a fake picture of his 'Time Machine' in action?
Why would he be wrong about the start of a Civil war in the US?
Why would he not mention the War on Terror or any of the attacks/invasions?

Simply put, because his story is a hoax. A quite well researched and executed hoax. But a hoax nonetheless. My guess is he didn't click about the light-bending picture (or perhaps didn't notice the error). He was guessing about the Civil war. At the time there was a big fuss about the 2000 US elections, (he hinted that Florida's votes would be discounted at one stage). He timed the 'civil war' to start around the next US elections. Fairly safe guess at the time because it was still 4 years down the track. He didn't mention the War on Terror because he didn't know, he, like the rest of us, didn't see it coming.

What other errors and inconsistencies are out there in Titors posts? This is just from a cursory look.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The 2006 Winter Olympics are about to begin. Titor said the last Olympics was to be in 2004. Another nail in the Titor coffin. Technically there is still some time for something bizarre to happen, but its fairly remote.

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by norman619
Just incase you don't get it I'll give you a simple illustration. Say you jump into a time machine with your freinds watching. You activate it and leave the present. Your friends would see you vanish but but that would be it. Life would go on with out any change to the timeline.

That may only depend if you never come back or return back into a different location, however life does change.

Now if you return back exactly to the time/place you left, methodically your friends would not observed you had left. ( And to do all this, you may need a time machine with 4 or 6 cesium clocks for accuracy
)
If you stayed for a substantial amount of time visiting another world line, you will age more when you return. Now if you stay for a very long time in another world line, your friends will see you metamorphose into a older you on the return trip back to the time/place you left. No matter if you come back or not, your "timeline" does change.

Originally posted by SOYLENT YELLOW
The 2006 Winter Olympics are about to begin. Titor said the last Olympics was to be in 2004. Another nail in the Titor coffin. Technically there is still some time for something bizarre to happen, but its fairly remote.

2006 Winter Olympics does not prove anything really, Titor is only describing what happened in his worldline not ours.

Read it and weep........

01/29/01 12:25 (about the future) 238
((Are the Olympics still being played in your time?))
As a result of the many conflicts, no, there were no official Olympics after 2004. However, it
appears they may be revived in in 2040.

note: it say's your time, as in Titor's worldline.

I guess you need to pull that nail out lol. Though "technically" you are correct, something bizarre can happen.

[edit on 5-2-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
...and once again I'd like to point out that JT used the phrase "official Olympics". Which, I would guess, would mean Olympic games sanctioned by whatever committee normally does such.

But...

What if there were to be "unofficial Olympics," perhaps funded solely by some corporate giant for promotion's sake, or whatever else may be possible...? Everything may seem the same as "official Olympics" to most people, however lurking beneath the surface, it could be found to be unofficial.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Just my 2cents. But my thought has always been that the story was interesting but the overall vague way he speaks about the future leave the door open for tons of interpretation.

Now looking at all the postings and people talking about "JOHN TITOR" and how many people swear its all true it makes me laugh. I imagine the clown who claimed to be "John Titor the time traveler" is sitting in his moms basement somewhere reading all the posts and chatting about his story. I mean if I was the one who wrote it I would still be laughing about how much controversy the whole thing has caused. I think I should start posting as time traveling ape man from the future. " I HAVE COME FROM YOUR FUTURE " " My name is Dr. Zaius " " I have come to tell you all to change your ways or else my ape brothers will rule the planet " Seriously I can just imagine the talk about that one.

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
In many ways I am a cut and dried type of individual, particularly when it comes to "evidence". The "evidence" that Titor exists/existed is tenuous and often requires so much "what if" and stretching to make it fit a rationale that it is almost laughable if so many people that I suspect are pretty smart, weren't in there doing all the stretching.

Evidence is evidence. Haven't seen any that really fits the bill without forty other people jumping in and saying "Well, what if..." and "Yeah, but".

We don't even really know if time travel is possible. It's all theory and I read posts here where folks say that such and such happens when you time travel. Have you time traveled? If so, why do we care about John Titor?

Basically, he either is or isn't real, and we will probably never know, one way or the other. The evidence is thin, the proofs appear to be the end objects of many different people saying, "Yeah, but ..." and "What if...". And that doesn't constitute real evidence, not really.

Evidence doesn't need to be bent to fit a theory. When that happens you get bent results, and so far, we've had nothing but.

Me, on the other hand ... I am a Rebel leader from the planet Munimula.

posted on Feb, 12 2006 @ 04:11 AM
link   
just messing round....... looked at this 'light bending' picture on the first post...........

OMG.............. 2 layers..................

SURPRISED???

im not

posted on Feb, 27 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Being both in complete possesion of my rational faculties and physically healthy, I am hereby request temporal asylum for reasons of needing to remove myself of where and when I do not belong.

Suicide being the final option, I expect rescue from my current situation to be well granted as soon as possible.

To all and any time travellers or any one with a working (or even defunct) temporal displacement translator or causality violator, please accept my plead and rescue me.

Under the guidelines of providing aid and due consideration for requests of temporal asylum, I hereby formally declare acknowledgment that there are those who are capable of violating causality and formally request their assistance. (My formal request absovles any causality violator from any assumption of their interferring with the assumed natural flow of time or history.)

Assuming that you are fully capable of temporal displacement or violating causality, I expect to reply before I am ready to submit my location for collection/departure.

Please, reply sooner than later.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 4 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I agree that it's crap! First and foremost, It's march of 2006, and where's the civil war? Hoax right there. Second and I think the most important, is this picture with the laser beam. Crapy picture, huh. You think in 2035 there would be better tech on camers? Come on. Pictures of the machine in that car. Car from 60's-70's by steering wheel. Is that what's its like in 2035? Like cuba, everybody has old cars? !!

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Sure, a lot of people think he's a hoax. But isn't some of the stuff Titor says a little disconcerting? I think his stuff is pretty disturbing.

1)America being divided into five parts. I mean, if the entire infrastructure is bombed out in this short WWIII, how will people contact each other to even form these five different segments of the country? And the rewriting of the Constitution after two hundred years? And why would Omaha, Nebraska be the capitol of the United States? It's not even located in the center of the country.

2)Small communities in which a council votes on one's "uses". And, you have to ask permission to leave this community of "1000 to 4000" people if you want to travel. Should other people have to judge what another does by their abilities? What if you have relatives who survived living in another part of the country?

3)If technology isn't that well developed, how did the time machine and computers develop in such a invention depleted future world line? What good are the universities or industries? (Remember, the only way to get around was bicycles.)

With that being said, the jury is out whether Titor's story is a hoax. But personally, I lean more on the "hoax" side of the matter. Instead, I would rather take his tale to be an allegory. In fact, it seems to be a warning about how the world could be if we do not care about each other. I guess the most important thing is watching the political intrigues of the present day to see if Titor's the real thing.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
My take on Titor is the same as the Serpo story, it doesn't have to be 100% true or 100% false. It can be somewhere, anywhere in the middle. That is a lot of territory between those two extremes.

It may make more sense to learn what one can learn from both of these stories and apply them to current reality with an open mind. You should consider the possible sources as well as motives behind each story too.

Unless someone has severe mental problems I can't see most rational people hoaxing something to that extent and effort for the flimsiest of reasons. In this time most people cannot afford such idle luxuries nor would they be bothered to do so I believe. Until a reasonable motive can be determined for each story it is in my mind premature to dismiss either one 100%. It would be like convicting somebody of a crime because you did not believe them 100% or disbelieve them 100%. Without a motive most crime makes no sense whatsoever, if you want to consider this a crime.

posted on Mar, 11 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You know, for 2036, that car and those clothes sure look pretty crappy. I mean "1980's, Country boy" Crappy.

[edit on 11-3-2006 by Xerophious]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
What about this:

timetravelportal.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think John titor is definitely a hoax. His predictions are too broad like "xxxxx people will die by the end of ....." He hasn't predicted right on the civil war in the U.S. part, didnt mention anything about september 11th and exagerated on the Y2k computer will go crazy stuff. As shown on the first post, if light is bent all light should bend too

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
john titor is a quack. hes read way to much science fiction and thinks that everyone is dumber than he is. that why he is saying all this stuff cause he thinks that all of use are stupid schlubs! and isnt that fiber optic wires in that picture?

Ha thats funny. Well said.

This post rates as a one-liner...

please read this link... www.abovetopsecret.com...

U2U sent

[edit on 23-4-2006 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
One things for certin, John Titor was just as hoax. Its 2006 now and theres no civil war. But, rememer Kerry wanted to reduce the militaries power and this guy I say on tv said "what are we going to defend this country with, spitballs!" So John said he joined the military if Im right correct me if Im wrong. So if you think about it then the military wouldnt like Kerry and they would be against him. But I saw some general dude said he supported his idea. Just a thought.

Oh and dont get mad at me for my mistakes, I dont know anyone and always forget their names. Heck! I dont even know my cars.

this keyboard is shaped funny so its hard to type on my spelling sucks

[edit on 23-4-2006 by wildcat]

[edit on 23-4-2006 by wildcat]

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Theres something I must tell you that probably has nothing to do with this topic. Well I was evesdropping on my bus at my high school on these two girls who were talking and I did it for the sake of it. Dont ask me why. But the girl asked the other girl whats her cell phone number. Well somehow I knew she was going to say this but she said the number of the antichrist which I will leave absent of typing it. Isnt that odd, a cell phone number like that. You can belive me if you want but Im telling you that I aint lying. It seems as if my generation has no knowlegde of this stuff so if it were to come in my generation not many ppl would be prepared for it. Now im not saying all of this is true but it could be a coincidence. But I thought I might as well as tell you and I could try to find the girl that would be easy b/c mty bus has a fairly low riders on it. But I think she might of ridden it home with a friend.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I read a lot on the boards now that JT was hoax due to the "civil war" not starting in 2004\2005. I have read the JT posts, he states that the war will start then, but how did the civil war of the 1800's start? did it start in 1861 with the first major battle? did it start in 1820 with the Missouri Compromise?
JT stated that the war would start with Waco type events, are waco type events the ATF storming and killing citizins? or is it the takeing away of liberties?

here is a great one for ya, they have another case of confirmed Mad Cow as of May 15. Remember, the gelatin is safe.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Ok sports fans, grab your Hoax Players Book, without which no game is official.

1- EACH singularity weighs more than the LARGEST Pyramid, there are two.

2- The Hawking Radiation from 1 singularity would melt a human, AND the truck.

3- Using "state of the Art" programing language of 1975 Unix/Linux to fix a problem in 2038 is some what insulting imho.

4- The 'secret hidden emulator' under the *cough motherboard*cough of that 1975 5100 IBM wouuld do EXACTLY WHAT to programing in 2038? See, that programing is in 32bit. What Military do you know id going to buy /invest in a 32bit program/system THAT THEY KNOW HAS A 'TIME OUT' PROBLEM?

5- 64BIT Programing is already being used ---> Run64, Solaris OS etc....

6- There are ALSO patches / fix NOW for the 2038 'timeout' problem.

All of the above Blow titor's reason for traveling back to the past for some BS reason that does not exist.

www.deepsky.com...

"""The first 2038 problems are already here. Many 32-bit programs calculate time averages using (t1 + t2)/2. It should be quite obvious that this calculation fails when the time values pass 30 bits. The exact day can be calculated by making a small Unix C program, as follows:

echo 'long q=(1UL

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join