It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zarqawi Associate nabbed in Minnesota

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   

A Lebanese national with ties to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi (search), the most wanted terrorist in Iraq, was picked up in Minnesota and charged Friday in a New York court with lying to the FBI about his ties to terrorists, Fox News has learned.

According to a federal complaint obtained by Fox, Mohamad Kamal Elzahabi (search), attended jihad training camps in Afghanistan in 1988 and �89, where he first met Zarqawi � who is believed to be directing the current attacks against U.S. and coalition troops in Iraq.

Officials say that more serious charges, such as material support to terrorism, may follow.

Sleepy Minnesota, adopted home of many Scandanavians...this is not the first time it has had ties to terrorists. Zacarias Moussaoui (search), the man often referred to as the 20th hijacker in the Sept. 11 plot, lived in Minneapolis at one time.

Story here
Here

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 05:29 AM
link   
while i think its a good thing they got this guy i doubt he has much info on where zarqawi is located

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
You're right on that one. Zarqawi is on the run and any info this guy has on his whereabouts would be outdated. I'm just glad to see that he is out of our midst and not walking around freely.

join