It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super Heavy Elements Discovered: Element 115 Paves the Way to Understanding Gravitic Control

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   
SUPERHEAVY ELEMENTS DISCOVERED THE DISCOVERY OF ELEMENT 115 PAVES THE WAY TO UNDERSTANDING GRAVITIC CONTROL Element 115, the key to understanding how the ultra-secret "Black World" has created aircraft capable of manipulating gravity and space/time, has been identified, and the recent discovery of element 118, which decayed into element 114, further helps identify the possibilities. The most important attribute of this heavier, stable element is that the gravity A wave is so abundant that it actually extends past the perimeter of the atom. These heavier, stable elements literally have their own gravity A field around them, in addition to the gravity B field that is native to all matter. The Key To Gravity-Control Systems No naturally occurring atoms on earth have enough protons and neutrons for the cumulative gravity A wave to extend past the perimeter of the atom so you can access it. Now even though the distance that the gravity A wave extends past the perimeter of the atom is infinitesimal, it is accessible and it has amplitude, wave length, and frequency, just like any other wave in the electromagnetic spectrum. Once you can access the gravity A wave, you can amplify it just like we amplify other electromagnetic waves. And in like manner, the gravity A wave is amplified and then focused on the desired destination to cause the space/time distortion required for practical space travel. This amplified gravity A wave is so powerful that the only naturally occurring source of gravity that could cause space/time to distort this much would be a black hole. We're amplifying a wave that barely extends past the perimeter of an atom until it's large enough to distort vast amounts of space/time. Transmutation We synthesize heavier, unstable elements by using more stable elements as targets in a particle accelerator. We then bombard the target element with various atomic and sub-atomic particles. By doing this, we actually force neutrons into the nucleus of the atom and in some cases merge two dissimilar nuclei together. At this point, transmutation occurs, making the target element a different, heavier element. As an example, in the early 80's, the lab for heavy ion research in Darmshtot, Germany synthesized some element 109 by bombarding Bismuth 203 with Iron 59. And to show you how difficult it is to do this, they had to bombard the target element for a week to synthesize 1 atom of element 109. And on that subject, this same lab has projected that in the future they should be able to bombard Curium 248 with with Calcium 48 to yield element 116 which will then decay through a series of nuclides which are unknown to them, but are well known to the scientists at S4 located within the complex of the Groom Lake "Area 51" installation. The length of time which an element exists before it decays determines its stability. Atoms of some elements decay faster than atoms of other elements, so the faster an element decays, the more unstable that element is considered to be. When an atom decays, it releases or radiates sub-atomic particles and energy, which is the radiation that a Geiger counter detects. Alien Craft The reactor found in the alien craft at S4, as widely mentioned by physicist Robert Lazar is primarily based on a superheavy element with an atomic number of 115. Element 115 will be designated as "Ununpentium" according to IUPAC guidelines. Its periodic designation and electron configuration appear in the diagram at the top of the page. GENERAL PROPERTIES Name: Ununpentium Symbol: Uup Atomic Number: 115 Atomic Weight: UNKNOWN Density @ 293K: 31.5g/cm³ Atomic Volume: 13.45cm³/mol Group: Superheavy Elements Discovered: 1989 STATES State: Solid Melting Point: 1740°C Boiling Point: 3530°C Heat of Fusion: UNKNOWN kJ/mol Heat of Vaporisation: UNKNOWN kJ/mol ENERGIES 1st Ionization Energy: 531 kJ/mol Electronegativity: UNKNOWN 2nd Ionization Energy: 1756 kJ/mol Electron Affinity: UNKNOWN kJ/mol 3rd Ionization Energy: 2653 kJ/mol Specific Heat: UNKNOWN J/gK Heat Atomization: kJ/mol atoms APPEARANCE AND CHARACTERISTICS Structure: FCC Face-centered cubic Color: Reddish-orange Uses: Reactor Fuel Toxicity: UNKNOWN Hardness: UNKNOWN mohs Characteristics: Stable CONDUCTIVITY Thermal Conductivity: 6.1 J/m-sec° Electrical Conductivity: 7.09 1/mohm-cm Polarizability: 20.5 A³ Wednesday, June 9, 1999 Published at 10:52 GMT 11:52 UK Sci/Tech New superheavy elements created The collision of lead and krypton leads to the new elements. BBC News Online Science Editor Dr David Whitehouse Two new "superheavy" elements have been made by bombarding lead atoms with energy-packed krypton atoms at the rate of two trillion per second. After 11 days, the scientists working at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, US, had produced just three atoms of element 118. These contained 118 protons and 175 neutrons each in their nucleii. The new elements decayed almost instantly to element 116, which itself was short-lived. But, for that brief moment, they were the only three atoms of these elements ever to have existed on Earth. Ken Gregorich, the nuclear chemist who led the discovery team, said: "Our unexpected success in producing these superheavy elements opens up a whole world of possibilities using similar reactions: new elements and isotopes." US Secretary of Energy, Bill Richardson, commented: "This stunning discovery opens the door to further insights into the structure of the atomic nucleus." Unstable combination Atoms consist of a central nucleus surrounded by a cloud of electrons. The nucleus consists of protons and neutrons. But not all combinations of neutrons and protons are stable. In nature, no element heavier than uranium, with 92 protons and 146 neutrons, can normally be found. Scientists can make heavier ones by colliding two large nuclei together and hoping that they will form a new, heavier nucleus for a short time. One of the most significant aspects of the new elements is that their decay sequence is consistent with theories that predict an "island of stability" for atoms containing approximately 114 protons and 184 neutrons. "We jumped over a sea of instability onto an island of stability that theories have been predicting since the 1970s," said nuclear physicist Victor Ninov. He is the first author of a paper on the discovery submitted to Physical Review Letters journal. Atomic structure Synthetic elements are often short-lived, but provide scientists with valuable insights into the structure of atomic nuclei. They also offer opportunities to study the chemical properties of the elements heavier than uranium. I-Yang Lee, scientific director of the atom smasher at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, said "From the discovery of these two new superheavy elements, it is now clear that the island of stability can be reached. "Additionally, similar reactions can be used to produce other elements and isotopes, providing a rich new region for the study of nuclear properties." Fast work Element 118 takes less than a thousandth of a second to decay by emitting an alpha particle. This leaves behind an isotope of element 116 which contains 116 protons and 173 neutrons. This daughter is also radioactive, alpha-decaying to an isotope of element 114. The chain of successive alpha decays continues until at least element 106. 1 August 2001 PhysicsWeb Element 118 disappears two years after it was discovered Researchers at the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in the US have retracted their claim to have discovered element 118. The retraction follows more detailed analysis of the original data at Berkeley and the failure of experiments at Berkeley, the RIKEN laboratory in Japan, and the GSI laboratory in Germany to observe the element. In 1999 a team of researchers from the Berkeley lab, the University of California at Berkeley and Oregon State University claimed to have detected three atoms of element 118 in collisions between high-energy krypton ions and a lead target. "The observation of a chain of six high-energy alpha decays within about one second unambiguously signalled the production and decay of element 118" said team leader Ken Gregorich at the time. Element 118 was then the heaviest element to have been detected. In a brief statement submitted to Physical Review Letters, which published the paper reporting the original discovery, the Berkeley team write: "Prompted by the absence of similar decay chains in subsequent experiments, we (along with independent experts) re-analyzed the primary data files from our 1999 experiments. Based on these re-analyses, we conclude that the three reported chains are not in the 1999 data. We retract our published claim for the synthesis of element 118." "Science is self-correcting," said Berkeley director Charles Shank. "If you get the facts wrong, your experiment is not reproducible. There are many lessons here, and the lab will extract all the value it can from this event. The path forward is to learn from the mistakes and to strengthen the resolve to find the answers that nature still hides from us."

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This has been debunked already, alongside with Bob Lazar, which claimed about the same thing.

All current atomic theories (and they're pretty damn good) hold that element 114 may be somewhat stable. It remains to be seen how long "somewhat stable" really is. There are certain "magic numbers" of the particles making up atoms that enhance stability, thus giving rise to the inert elements. This may be the case for 114, will all the electron orbitals nicely filled. Not so with 115. It should vanish rather quickly.

And...

If one could convert 100% of the matter in a 223 gram mass to energy (against a similar 223 gram mass of normal matter), you'd get about 5.6 billion kilowatt hours, enough to run a 100 megawatt load (Lazar's low-end claim for the disc's output) for just over 12 years. This is far shorter than his claimed 20-30 year life. But even under Lazar's description you wouldn't get 100%. He claims that after 115 is bombarded by a proton, it becomes 116, then releases a particle of anti-hydrogen (not that there's ever been an example of such a reaction before!). That means over 99% of the mass of the original 115 remains, if only as collections of lower Z number elements. So even if his "process" worked as he claims, there would only be a conversion of well under 1% of the initial mass into various sorts of energy, not out of line with normal fission reactors. Note that this means that instead of 12 years, those 115 guzzling discs would blow through their supply of 115 in about 5 weeks. Of course, your mileage may vary.

Read it all here:

www.serve.com...

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I agree that this story is unsupported by the evidence now in print. According to my sources, In the experiments, researchers fired a rare isotope of calcium at a target made from americium. The new element 115 was created on occasions when the nuclei of the calcium and americium fused and only on those occasions,ie, not that often.

In the artificial environs of the cyclotron, atoms of element 115, now labeled Ununpentium, apparently lasted only a fraction of second before it decayed into element 113. The atoms of element 113, known as Ununtrium, persisted for more than 1 second.

As to ELEMENT 118, that claim was retracted when it was shown that one of the physisits involved in the experiments had falsified evidence.

In any case all of the "SUPERHEAVIES' can only be created in very rare instances and in quantities too small for any practical use.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Still far too many unknowns here imho... I'm no physicist, so I'll make that disclaimer, but it seems to me that the Earth likely doesn't contain ALL of the elements in the Universe, and there just may be a stable form of many higher elements out there that we simply don't know about and haven't been able to produce yet.

Last I knew, the making of 115 was still a guess at best (i.e. since it really didn't last long enough)....

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'm no physicist either.
I've just emailed a friend at UNCC to ask his opinion. I
had to copy and paste the text. He would never let me hear the end of it if he was aware of my source.
Maybe there is something he's read in the journals concernng this.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by freddieb
I'm no physicist either.
I've just emailed a friend at UNCC to ask his opinion. I
had to copy and paste the text. He would never let me hear the end of it if he was aware of my source.
Maybe there is something he's read in the journals concernng this.

No he doesn't know anything about it.
Of course that doesn't mean its not true, needless to say.
He did ask where I found this.
I blamed it on my son.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I am a physisist and in my opinion 90% of the post is crap.

It is correctly stated that heaviest elements are synthesized by bombardment of heavy nuclei with anothe nuclei.

There is no reason to believe that the "island of stability" would be populated by truly stable elements.

If they did exist, there would be a good chance of having minute amounts of those here on Earth, like we have Uranium etc. But such substances have never been detected.

Lazar has been discussed in a few threads on this board and most people including myself think the's a liar, and his claims are ridiculous form the scientific point of view.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
well there you have it.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
really Aelita? i hate to sound sarcastic, but im sure everyone in the drive-thru would like some credentials with that. thanks.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Didn't mention it when I read this post (seems so long ago... it was) but, for the record, Gravity B waves are complete and total nonsense. They make no sense and are pretty much a really small, relatively unheard of minhoax. Aelita's right.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

If they did exist, there would be a good chance of having minute amounts of those here on Earth, like we have Uranium etc. But such substances have never been detected.

Amazing that we can be so sure that every element in the Universe must of course be present on our precious little speck of dirt....

I can't wait till we can actually get beyond the bounds of our little neighborhood... I have a feeling we haven't even seen the tip of the iceberg yet....

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
If there are really heavy transuranium elements that are stable, yet haven't been found on Earth we must assume that either they can't be created in supernovae or at least weren't created in nearby supernova(e) that seeded our solar system with raw material. I believe plutonium used to be thought of as a totally synthetic element, but has since been found in small quantities in nature.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
How exactly would element 115 fulfill any of these claims? All four of the observed Uup atoms decayed in approximately 46.6 milliseconds, and became Uut and an alpha particle, and then kept emitting alpha particles until at least Dubnium (Db, element 105) Even if Uup had all of the claimed properties, you would have to produce it continuously, because it decays right away. I don't think this story is very plausible.

Info on element 115:
www.webelements.com...

transuranic elements:
As far as I know, no transuranics have been found in nature. I'll have to look into djohnsto77's comment about plutonium having been found, that would be cool.

All the elements lower than uranium in atomic number have been found on earth, except for Promethium (#61) and Technetium (#43). Both have been detected by spectroscopy in stars, though. A few of the links in google said that promethium has been briefly observed in nature as part of the decay of uranium, though other links say that it has never been observed in nature, so I'm not sure which to believe.

As for 'gravity A' and 'gravity B', I've never heard of such a thing, and when I googled those, all I got was a bunch of stuff about Bob Lazar's UFO theories.

Also see www.atsnn.com... for a good explanation by amantine of why element 115 does not fit any of the previously mentioned claims.

posted on Jun, 26 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
It all seem to me that the element 115 from Bob Lazar was false, and the actual creation of it was very very small, too small fro any use. In the great expanse of the Universe, the element if it was available would appear, but it hasn't, no star seems to hold such elements or the great expanse of the universe.

So all Bob Lazar has said is false, and unsupported by evidense even his video on the subject. So the heavy elements are man made, not alien harvested from some unknown, and unspecified........

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Element 115

It would be nearly impossible with current atomic technologies to sythisize such an element. I belive that that element can be found in nature somewhere else than Earth. If it once existed, due to it's instability it would decay into lesser elements.

Bob Lazar is a hoaxar, he has no evidence that this element can be used for reactor fuel for nuclear energy plants or even interstallar spacecraft.

posted on Jun, 27 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Now istead of wowy-zowing us PUT IN ENGLISH. Scientific Debaticals are not ATS 'new posts'.

So.. I suggest You bring in the stuff with words at least I can understand - THEN I'll answer it..

Dallas

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Apollonius

Don't badmouth that which you do not understand.
Bob Lazar was not the only one to come out...

If our government had a small amount of stable Element 115, a very small amount.. Do you think they would tell you?
It would give the US a tactical advantage over other countries much like having a machine gun compares to a bow and arrow. So the real answer here is that you are discussing something that has National Security Implications and you will be told that it doesn't exist.

Do you believe everything you see on TV? Was Bob Lazar a real Prankster? Think about what you people say.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
For the people who are saying that the element decays right away, you need to understand that is what happens when we try to synthesize the element here on Earth.

Element 115 in it's complete solid form supposedly comes from another solar system, because it is not abundant in ours.

Since we normal people don't have a solid chunk of 115 to experiment with, I don't understand how some of you can say it's fake and that it does not have the alleged gravitational properties.

It's not that far-fetched to me that a superheavy element could have gravitational properties in it's nucleus that you can amplify.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Lucky for us there are a few people that know right where a solid chunk of this is:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My favorite thread that completely exposes the bunk behind the whole element 115 story from Area 51. I still get a chuckle every time I read the multiple contradictions throughout the thread in this made up story.

originally posted by John Lear
Bob told me "Naturally occurring element 115 could only be found in a solar system much, much larger than ours. The 2 main factors which determine the residual matter that remains after the creation of that solar system is the amount of electromagnetic energy and the amount of mass present at the time of the creation of that solar system. A much larger solar system than the one earth is in would have had to have been created to have element 115 occurring as a natural element."

The three pieces that we had were the naturally occuring type. Bob told me that to try and synthesize Element 115 here on earth is totally impossible because of the time it would take.

Many don't believe that Bob worked at S-4 or was able to obtain 3 peices of Element 115. But I do.

What a total load of bunk. Lucky for us, the motto of ATS (or used to be anyway) is "Deny Ignorance" and many members took part in shredding the story that lead to this fanciful ignorant thread to pieces multiple times.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Apparently, element 115 can be protonated to form element 116, which will immediately decay and radiate small but measurable amounts of antimatter.

This phenomenon can be demonstrated in part by the decay of 115 into 113 and the energy released subsequently. Element 115 has very distinct gravitational characteristics, it would be interesting if i one could stabilize this matter at a weight of 299 or 115p and 184n

top topics

<<   2 >>

join