It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Angeles 'Big One' Could Come Sooner Than Expected: Study

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Los Angeles 'Big One' Could Come Sooner Than Expected: Study

news.discovery.com

They found that strong earthquakes -- between 6.5 and 7.9 magnitude -- shook the area every 45-144 years, instead of the previously established 250-400 years.

Since the last big 7.9 magnitude earthquake struck southern California in 1857, or 153 years ago, scientists believe the next "Big One" could happen at any time.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Not that it would come as a surprise, but any minute now... Well... That kind of makes every trip outside a possible suicide doesn't it ?

I'm sorry but I would love to see a big quake taking place. I'd prefer one without casualties of course, but when LA finally ripes from the main land. They can build a big of land prison. Just like they filmed already. Escape from LA... Plisken I loved that movie.

Seriously I didn't see it on ATS and I thought you should know.

Kind regards

~ Sinter

news.discovery.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

You may find the answers to all the questions in the most obvious of places. The Bible. Revelations is now you will see for yourself if those of you that doubt only made the time to read it. You couldn't make it up.
Gods return is coming. We will all be tested that's for sure. We must all put wrongs right.
Doomsday? Well I suppose that's inevitable considering its in fact us that has orchestrated these events because if we hadn't strayed so far from what god wanted then he wouldn't be put in a position where he has to rectify it. In order for us all to live how we are supposed to god has to put everything back to the way it was. Unfortunately its because of our actions why this must happen. Once he has done this, then and only then can we move forward to a greater time. The great tribulation.
Its not all doom and gloom. Times will be hard but stay focused on what it is that was only ever meant for us.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Hold on though. If Revelations pre dated us "straying so far from what God wanted" then why or how was it written? If everyone abided by God's wishes there would be no purpose for it. Since it was written prior to our straying doesn't that imply that we were destined to not abide? Am I missing something because of lack of sleep?

[edit on 8/22/2010 by Three_moons]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

Satan was always part and parcel of the bible. Everything has an opposite.
we have all strayed at some point. God wil right the wrongs and punish those that have done so for their own gains, greed power control its all there.
What we have here is a situation where dad is on his way back home and the kids have ruined the house but on a much larger scale.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
To be honest when God returns and sees what we have done, I think its safe to say that we will get our arses tanned for the mess we've made this time.

Do not eat the apple? We were warned.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

If your waiting for god's return you'll be waiting forever, fairy tales are best saved for bed time or the learning disabled. Besides, this is a thread about earthquakes, not tomfoolery.

Sinter, where have you been man lol, I don't know how many threads on this I've seen today, welcome to the club.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Wow you really have made me realise how ignorant some are. What a ridiculous statement to make.

So many of you that comment against god yet haven't even read anything. When I say read I don't just mean reading and rolling your eyes over the words. You need to see and feel what you are reading.
As for the great quake. Its on the cards.

Last post.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

it's always easier to dismiss everyone as ignorant.

what you do not know, what you possibly could not fathom, is that I was a devout christian for most of my life, going to church four times a week and twice on sunday, i can't count how many times ive read the bible.

but that ended when i began to think for myself, and allow the universe to show me the true way. When you only see the world in blue, of course it's going to be your favorite color.

the difference between you and I, is, ... ive been where you are. Yet to try and teach you anything would be the equivalent of disciplining a stubborn child.

you don't even know what ignorant means, because to do so you would shatter the fragile belief system you hold so dear.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Seriously ?

Kind a missed them all together.

They probably did not post them here. Or I was stopped dead in my tracks when I posted it.

Anyway. Thanks for the heads up

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

You may find the answers to all the questions in the most obvious of places. The Bible. Revelations is now you will see for yourself if those of you that doubt only made the time to read it. You couldn't make it up.
Gods return is coming. We will all be tested that's for sure. We must all put wrongs right.
Doomsday? Well I suppose that's inevitable considering its in fact us that has orchestrated these events because if we hadn't strayed so far from what god wanted then he wouldn't be put in a position where he has to rectify it. In order for us all to live how we are supposed to god has to put everything back to the way it was. Unfortunately its because of our actions why this must happen. Once he has done this, then and only then can we move forward to a greater time. The great tribulation.
Its not all doom and gloom. Times will be hard but stay focused on what it is that was only ever meant for us.

Im sorry to say it....but god please go somewhere else with your bible preaching non-sense. It also talked about unicorns as well....

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
reply to post by jazz10

it's always easier to dismiss everyone as ignorant.

what you do not know, what you possibly could not fathom, is that I was a devout christian for most of my life, going to church four times a week and twice on sunday, i can't count how many times ive read the bible.

but that ended when i began to think for myself, and allow the universe to show me the true way. When you only see the world in blue, of course it's going to be your favorite color.

the difference between you and I, is, ... ive been where you are. Yet to try and teach you anything would be the equivalent of disciplining a stubborn child.

you don't even know what ignorant means, because to do so you would shatter the fragile belief system you hold so dear.

VERY WELL PUT!!!
This is something very similar i say to hardcore fundamentalist that "come after me" for not believing in Jesus as everything. My thing is....How can you call me (or other free thinkers) NARROW MINDED...because i will 100% not believe full heartedly in a book that was written by man...as the divine word of god. But if i say WHAT DO YOU KNOW about other ways of thinking....its usually the same answers, Ie i dont care, the bible IS THE WORD OF GOD, to believe in anything else means im going to go to hell and so on and so forth.
Like you said brotha, I went to church and then finally THOUGHT for myself for once and realized what weapon of war, domination, and a device of control the bible has been all threwout history.
If your asking what is MY belief system?

Buddhism, Tao'ism, With interest in Hindu'ism and Islam.
=]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Three_moons why or how was it written? If everyone abided by God's wishes there would be no purpose for it. Since it was written prior to our straying doesn't that imply that we were destined to not abide? Am I missing something because of lack of sleep?

That is a very profound question.

I believe we all have choices in our lives to either accept or reject evil.
Nobody is totally doomed before they are born.

But God knows all, including how we will choose, and what our eventual fate will be. But we ourselves hold our own spiritual destiny in our own hands.

We all die sometime, death itself is what each of us should expect.
But even in the very worst earthquake, there will be survivors.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I'm thinking it will likely happen in the 2010s.

mark my words.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

I thought it was an interesting question and glad someone else sees it too. I wasn't positive it made sense since sleep deprivation skews logic.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This topic is currently being discussed over here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join