It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel won't be the first to attack Iran: Fidel Castro

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Israel won't be the first to attack Iran: Fidel Castro

news.xinhuanet.com

HAVANA, Aug. 11 (Xinhua) -- Israel is planing an attack on Iran but will not be the first to start the war for fear of severe consequences, former Cuban President Fidel Castro said Wednesday.

Former U.S. intelligence agents "are right when they warn (U.S. President Barack) Obama that Israeli prime minister is planning a surprise attack on Iran with the idea of forcing the United States to go to war," Castro wrote in an article published on Wednesday by local press.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I don't think that Fidel has this right at all. I think Israel is more than willing to attack Iran. I don't think Israel is afraid of the muslim backlash because the U.S. will stand up for Israel like always.

Like many of you out there on ATS, I think that an attack is going to happen soon. The U.S. and Israel have been wanting an attack on Iran to happen for far too long.

I wonder if there are any bookies taking bets on when Iran will finally be attacked?

Do you think Iran will be attacked? If so, will it be in the next 12 months?

news.xinhuanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I agree. He has a few things a bit off...

Castro said that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu "would not dare to be the first to attack, because such an action would make him face all the nuclear powers and he is not stupid."

I don't think the nuclear powers would do a thing. For some it's too soon to show their hands. Others simply won't face Israel, and still others probably don't give a fig.

He is probably right about this...

Former U.S. intelligence agents "are right when they warn (U.S. President Barack) Obama that Israeli prime minister is planning a surprise attack on Iran with the idea of forcing the United States to go to war," Castro wrote in an article published on Wednesday by local press.

Obama's camp are not zionist. They pay what lip service they need to pay. Netanyahu knows it too.

Wish he would have said who. I don't think there's anyone but Israel who would attack. Unless it's some other local wild card like Saudi Arabia. Or Afghanistan.

[edit on 8/11/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
Do you think Iran will be attacked? If so, will it be in the next 12 months?

If it's going to be done, it has be before the reactor is loaded with fuel and fired-up, which by the accounts read on here so far, suggest that the fuel will be delivered from Russia at the start of Sept.

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Well China won't do a thing unless Israel bombs their investments and/or cut their oil flow.

Russia won't do a thing if their workers on the Busherh nuclear power plant aren't killed by an Israeli bomb.

IF Israel attacks Iran nuclear reactor and kill Russians in the process... Russia will be pissed.... A LOT.

IF Israel bombs Iran oil industry or China's investments... China will be pissed... A LOT.

Same thing if the US does it.

China is already pissed at the US about Taiwan, Vietnam, North Korea and the China Sea.

Russia about the missile shield, NATO enlargement, Georgia and nuclear proliferation.

[edit on 11-8-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Israel will blackmail America.

Israel wants to go in with conventional weapons, but knows that will not be strong enough. Therefore, Israel if it wants a quick strike needs to use tactical mini nukes.

America doesnt want this, it could stomach a surgical strike, but not nuclear weapons.

So America and Israel know, that unless America helps, it goes nuclear quick. Will America strike, to avoid a nuclear war?

posted on Aug, 11 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
It probably depends on what Netanyahu thinks about the US.

After all he was quoted as saying Israel has the US wrapped around their little finger and that they are so easily moved and pushed into doing things in support of Israel. More or less.

If they still have this outlook then no doubt Israel don't care about the hateful backlash. They are war pigs and want nothing more than to be the all mighty power of the middle-east, and they know by attacking Iran the US will have to be dragged into it.

Especially if Iran retaliate by bombing US military bases, which is what they'll definitely do. Not to mention what ever they have planned to disrupt the Straight Of Hormuz. Israel could just about do whatever they like as of right now and know they'll be backed up

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

I don't see how so many people here can have predictions and opinions on this as if they are so "in the know" just because they have read some news.

The decisions of these countries, I'm sure, are NOT based on news reports. At the government level, I'd imagine news reports would be the equivalent of a tabloid.

Sounds like some of you are flattering yourself with your faux expertise.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Umm, I thought he said Israel was NOT going to be the first. That's what I responded to.

But you're right. That's what would happen if Israel were to do so. That and more.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

I disagree Even IF Israel strikes first, the US gets will only get involved if Iran retaliates against the US. If Iran simply does something like shoot down and Israeli plane, then no. I do agree that if the US gets attacked and retaliates, it might go nuclear. Again, the only way the US would get involved is defensively. It would cost us too much to get into another war in the ME. This administration will do everything possible to prevent it, no matter who is lobbying for it. And Netayahu knows this.

[edit on 8/12/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I must say I think you are wrong about the Obama camp not being Zionists. One look at the attendance list at the annual AIPAC convention and how his major party hacks all like to espouse their undying loyalty to Israel should be enough to make that clear. This media manufactured image of them not being Israel firsters is just that, a created image and far removed from reality.

I also don't subscribe to the idea that the US will only get involved if US military are attacked by Iran. The US WILL get involved as soon as Iran hits back at Israel in any way, or there will be a manufactured incident for which the Iranians will be blamed, drawing the US into the conflict.
It's also likely that the US will be implicated in any ariel assault by Israel, allowing flights through territory they control or other support. With all their own hardware out there, it's not like they'll somehow not know! Allowing this to happen under their noses, which indicates prior knowledge and possible collusion, would be seen by many as guilt anyway.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Since when is Fidel an expert on the middle east
I think he is just missing the world spotlight and cold war attention. just my opinion but seems he is making headlines alot lately,just for his opinion. I realy doubt he has any inside info, but what do I know.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Is it not feasible that a propped up Saudi attack on Iran is the more logical starting point. The House of Saud has little love for Iran and perhaps it's own people in the event of a backlash. It is chock full of expensive military toys, Israeli back up death toys, and underlying US death toy back up support.

Some posters have suggested that if you don't know anything then don't post anything. Can you not see the self-immolating irony in that. C'mon this is largely an opinion forum, and the logical extension to your point is that we all shut up until MSN says it's ok.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by earthbell

All that Saudi hardware is for show only. It's all part of the oil deals and recycling of profits, shuffling money round all the time and of course the backhanders to middlemen and "brokers". First sign of any trouble and the Saudi elites will be aboard their swanky private jets, getting the hell out of dodge and living it up in Europe and the US until order is restored. Just like the Kuwaitis did before any Iraqi even crossed their borders.

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
History has proven that Israel never have hesitate to attack. But this time they have.
If Israel had real intentions of attacking Iran. Israel would have done that a long time ago. Because it would have been a surprise attack no one would have expected, probably not even Iran them selves.

The longer Israel wait now, the harder it is going to be for them to successfully accomplish their mission. Its not like Iran is not getting ready and expecting anything,,,right?

posted on Aug, 12 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by glitchinmymatrix

correct....the nations have many scenarios available. for one thing...libya may be the one to start some crap by sending a missile...

our old buddy kadafi

[edit on 12-8-2010 by GBP/JPY]

new topics

top topics

join