It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is BP's Macondo blowout so disastrous & Beyond Patch-up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
bklim.newsvine.com...

You all need to read and take a look at this. This is some really interesting information and the graphics to show/explain the geology it are very detailed.

Really gives an insight into the quite probable situation in the GOM as of right now.

The situation under the sea floor is seemingly critical, as most of us have now seen the obvious oil leaks coming from the ocean floor and bizarre blow outs, while the majority have been ROV thrusters, some are undeniably oil leaks.

The oil is finding it's way through the strata to the ocean floor, appearing as the snotty strings of oil and oil "blobs". What concerns me immensely now, is if this information is accurate what is BP trying to achieve down there?

This "static kill" has clearly increased the amount of strange seafloor activity around the wellhead over the last few hours, as multiple posters on multiple sites have confirmed through video capture and image capture. Are they only making it worse as the situation under the ocean floor grows more and more desperate?

Here is a blow up of the images in the article bklim.newsvine.com...

[edit on 3-8-2010 by Nomad451]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
thats a great collection of info there nomad.

s and f while i digest it all.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
"Many experts in the oil industry were surprised and questioned the rationality of capping the well when the relief wells were so close to achieving their “bottom kill” objectives. They could have installed the TOP CAP much earlier. This means that BP knew if the gushing well was completely shut at the top, the oil and gas would spread beneath the sea floor and gas seeps would start appearing. So the TOP CAP had to be placed just before the relief well was ready for the “magic show”. Hurricane Bonnie spoilt the show and the delay is already showing signs of stress (gas seeps)."

Man this all makes so much sense. I too thought why have BP pulled this "cap" out of nowhere and used it, right when the relief wells were so close to being finished? Why take the risk if things are bad down below?

This is incredible information

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nomad451
"Many experts in the oil industry were surprised and questioned the rationality of capping the well when the relief wells were so close to achieving their “bottom kill” objectives. They could have installed the TOP CAP much earlier. This means that BP knew if the gushing well was completely shut at the top, the oil and gas would spread beneath the sea floor and gas seeps would start appearing. So the TOP CAP had to be placed just before the relief well was ready for the “magic show”. Hurricane Bonnie spoilt the show and the delay is already showing signs of stress (gas seeps)."

Man this all makes so much sense. I too thought why have BP pulled this "cap" out of nowhere and used it, right when the relief wells were so close to being finished? Why take the risk if things are bad down below?

This is incredible information

Its been speculated by others far more coherent than I that BP put on that newest cap to keep the Gov from getting an accurate reading of the outflow.

And that is why the Gov was possibly going to make them remove it.

They dont want an accurate measure taken of what was spewing out of there.

Perhaps i can dig around and find that thread for you...

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

I don't doubt it at all. The cap was very sudden and such a surprise that it worked. All these things had been tried for so long, all failing, the suddenly " oh hey, try this plug".

It went on so easy. "yay problem solved"!!! "BP stocks are up!"

They could have capped the damn thing like they did at day one! But they knew if they did it would put pressure on those leaks down below. Safer to let it spill into the gulf while they work on bottom kill and junk shot and top kill and containment dome.

Now, I would say its been deteriorating downhole constantly, and they were getting so much backlash and each barrel spilled reaching 4 and a half thousand dollars each..... To hell with downhole just cap the damn thing.

That is what has happened

new topics

top topics

join