It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO filmed in Holland!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The man filming actually says he sees creatures.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Frame by Frame, if you pause the second vid at 0:30 you'll see the "UFO" is infront of the traffic sign. Leading me to believe this actually is nothing more than a Hoax.
And the fact the "dirt" or whatever it was made its way to the front Window meant it was there intentionally, and the UFO Hoax was pre-planned from the beginning. Not also forgetting on a major road, and area, like this at least hundreds of others would be coming forward saying they saw the same thing.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
imho i think birds, i watch starlings along the beach were i used to live and they move real fast and in perfect formation
they always have a mass of starlings at the front and a few stragglers around the back.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by One Moment

Follow what???

It wasn't moving in the sky!!!

While I don't think it was a UFO, I hate to disagree with yo on this point... It most certainly was... It may have appeared to be just floating there but that is because both the car and the object were moving....

Have you not ever been driving/riding in a car and looked up to see a plane headed the same direction as you and it appears to not be moving, then you stop and it seems to just take off?

This is science. It is an optical illusion called Paralax

www.ukqna.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

That said, I do not believe it was an alien driven space craft at all... I do not like the edit/cut that takes place about 3/4's of the way through the second video.... I want to see the raw unedited version...

A few thoughts I had. First I thought maybe helicopter.... But then I started seeing it as possibly one of those ad banners that you see planes flying around with sometimes... but there is no visible plane that I can see... Unless that is what the cut was for...

Truth be told I am not sure what it is, but it strikes me as something that has a very earthly explanation.....

And to those who wish to say that I just don't believe... I assure you. I do believe... I've seen UFO's myself... 3 times.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
Notice how there is a thin, wispy grey mist like substance dropping below the object, that ends in another wipsy grey mist but in the approximate shape of the object?
I think this is a smoke ring, quite a big one, viewed edge on.

Very nice photographic examples of this classic IFO:
www.caelestia.be...

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nablator

Nablator I think you nailed it!
This fits totally. Great work and I learned something today, never heard of this phenomena.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Some video examples.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by One Moment

Follow what???

It wasn't moving in the sky!!!

While I don't think it was a UFO, I hate to disagree with yo on this point... It most certainly was... It may have appeared to be just floating there but that is because both the car and the object were moving....

Once again, I'm misunderstood (man, if this is the constant case, then I should go back seeing 1-on-1 contact with 3D people
hence why I go on forums instead)

I am the one claiming it IS moving. I was challenging those who said it wasn't.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Actually the object isn't moving

Why ?

Because there was no object, it's been added via post editing and very poorly.

How can one tell ?

Most people focus on the object itself without looking at the bigger picture, there are so many artificial movements of the object relative to the whole scene in frame. Also as a user earlier pointed out at point the object is infront of the road sign. However it's the artificial movements of the object relative to everything else when the camera pans and shakes, it's movement is different to everything which makes it look artificial and therefore super imposed.

Or can anyone explain why the object differs artificially to everything else when the camera pans/zooms or shakes ?

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

A flying Smoke Ring that maintained its edge-on perspective despite the ever-varying angle at which it was filmed. How convenient!

What a desperate, implausible explanation!

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUDDD49
Frame by Frame, if you pause the second vid at 0:30 you'll see the "UFO" is infront of the traffic sign. Leading me to believe this actually is nothing more than a Hoax.

I see nothing unnatural there. The sign and other nearby objects move quickly sideways, which creates enough motion blur to make them look transparent. This and the way frames are blended in video. No mystery at all (to my eyes).

Sometimes I wonder if I'm looking at the same videos as everyone else... I don't see any strange movements, only a car moving on a road that is not straight.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Uh Oh...

Looks like the smoke monster got off the island.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi

What a desperate, implausible explanation!

It does change constantly in the second video. It seems (to me) it is big and far away, which makes it look as if it is following the car.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ahamarlin

Ahamarlin.....

Thank you for posting this interesting video.

I've only had time to take a brief look at the available videos, but my initial thoughts are in the direction of a "dark contrail" or "smoke ring" type of effect.

I shall have another look later on when I've finished work for the day.

I will be very interested to see the discussion & analysis that has transpired in the meantime.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I know im going to sound crazy but to me, the object in this video almost seems like a contrail. but not the kind from airplanes.. would it be possible that this is a UFO dark matter contrail? (see sounds crazy but really look at the thing.. it seems as though a UFO turned around and took off and that's what was left..)

im usually not this odd-minded.. sorry hahaa

EDIT: after reviewing nablator's post as well as the videos posted by Phage, i believe the object in the video was nothing more then a smoke ring. Thanks you two for clearing the air!

[edit on 1-8-2010 by Lakai.Limited]

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
in the second video it almost screams at me that it's a magic marker smudge on the car window. You can see how it paces the car and follows the camera movement perfectly. Sorry OP, not this one.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nomadros
It does look like a fly swarm like the ones they have in Africa (and where the locals catch them and make fly patties) Never seen one in Northen Europe though.

I'm going to S & F this even though that family should be shot for listening to that radio station, but at least someone looked "up" and it seems genuine (which make a refreshing change to the cr*p that's been posted recently IMHO)

You are thinking of locusts, or grasshoppers as we call them here in the states. If they have had a wet growing season, that could be the "thing." Right now in central Texas with a lot of rain this spring, the grasshoppers are multiplying very fast. In mowing yesterday, I commented to a friend on the fact. Given a draught and/or lose of food materials, they swarm that way. They can fly high enough to interfer with aircraft. I've seen a totally smeared windscreen on a DC-3 once. So that is my surmise as a UFOer.

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
It might be a flock of sparrows, although it doesn't seem to move as much.

edit: this one is more like it:

[edit on 2-8-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
There is something not right about this, I don't know enough about smoke rings, bee swarms, swallows or parallax to make a 100% conclusion. But my gut response is telling me that its not UFO in the sense of an craft of outside origin.

On a seperate lighter note, I had to laugh after watching the monty python video - a classic that must be viewed by as many members as possible in order to change the tone and uplift ATS! "We demand a shrubbery"

[edit on 2-8-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Aug, 2 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Hard to say really Ken, but my first instinct is to doubt this is a swarm of insects. It's not beyond possibility, but i doubt it.

I've searched for and found a few videos of massive swarms of flying insects for comparison to this 'Ufo' video...there's no similarity in my mind whatsoever.

The video of the insects moves in a completely different way from the object in the 'ufo' video, which on closer inspection appears to be stationary in the sky for the whole clip...(look at the objects position relative to the clouds)

The insects undulate up and down, seemingly being carried on air currents and although they are grouped as a massive swarm, do not maintain a set angle, or shape.

The 'ufo' maintains it's approximate shape and height relative to the people apparently filming it from the car, and does not seem to deviate much, if any at all.

Here's a video of an flying insect swarm, to compare against the Ufo video posted by the OP..(Trying to embed, so may not work)

Assuming the video embeds properly, after watching and comparing the two clips, my immediately suspicion is that the 'flying insect' hypothesis is a poor explanation for what is going on in this video...

Personal view, but that's all we have to go on really isn't it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join