It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Ufo Pictures in Eskişehir, Turkey

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Hello people.
These are captured on 27 July midnight around 00:30 by a journalist in a town near Eskisehir. I have to say in advance, there is no possibility that they are lanters, because there is no such custom in middle of Anatolia. Maybe, only maybe in Istanbul.
I hope we will hear more about these. I also have to add, that these are also published in a relatively serious newspapaer like Radikal. Here we go:
www.milliyet.com.tr...

www.radikal.com.tr...

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This one is looks to be lens flare:

You can clearly see the light near the bottom creating the effect.

The other one, this one:

Could also be lens flare, but it's a bit harder to tell.

[edit on 28/7/10 by Chadwickus]

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Hey Chad,

Here's the answer here
:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef84cdbdbb86.jpg[/atsimg]

Just flip and invert the street lights - they match up identically!

Someones playing games

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I would agree with chad that the first is a lens flare. I work with photoshop often enough to know that little effect.

And @ TortoiseKweek, Very nicely spotted! ATS seems to have created some pro's in bs detection.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TortoiseKweek

Good eye!

Confirmed lens flare.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Really guys, you are so quick hehe..I wonder why these journalists have so low knowledge of cameras..or are they so bored? No really news? I doubt this can be true when in a land like Turkey happens almost everyday something surreal

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Lens flares for those who don't take photos often can be confusing. Here's a page with some examples.

Celestial Lens Flare and Focus Errors

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
With this being in Turkey I would say it is probably a yacht with couple lights on it. Seems I think it could be a yacht, because it seems like Turkey has had a problem with yachts being mistaken for a UFO.

Interesting pics though wether it is real or not. I just couldn't resist.
Seriously though I think they are right on this one, but anything is possible.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by tsurfer2000h]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe that reporters and the press that work with photographs daily for their stories can't recognize lens flares.
I think it may be more a case of trying to pull one over on the public to increase readership and sell more papers.
The newspaper industry has been suffering more and more over the years due to online news sources. I think this may just be another way for them to try to get more sales.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by deccal

Unless you are an investigative journalist, then the MSM couldn't care about it in terms of the science. All they see is a story, and these days will print it whether its true or not. Most of the time its some bloke at a desk who wasn't even around for the incident and gets told to write something up. The media went haywire when the CGI UFOs in Haiti got around. They didn't bother to investigate that one.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Its a weather baloon with onboard lights for night shooting of the area....or basicly just plain old swamp gas....look elsewhere, nothin' to see here.
))))))))))

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
reply to post by Chadwickus

Hey Chad,

Here's the answer here
:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef84cdbdbb86.jpg[/atsimg]

Just flip and invert the street lights - they match up identically!

Someones playing games

Sure, they somewhat match up if you flip the image, but for them to be lens flares you wouldn't have to flip it for those in the sky to match those of the ground, now would ya?

Do ya follow?

There are more than 4 really bright lights in that cityscape. So if it were lens flares, then you would have more than 4 of them in the sky in the image.

Be they lens flares, you wouldn't have to flip the anomalies to make whats in the sky match what's on the ground.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by susp3kt]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

I never said they were lens flares in my post, what I did say is that "Someone is playing games". Look at my illustration and tell me they don't match.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Yeah, they match pretty well.

But again, there are more than 4 city lights in that image. Wouldn't you expect to see the same number of "lens flares", or whatever you think they are, as there are city lights below?

As far as someone "playing games" and doing some Photochop work on the lens flares...It's definitely possible.

But then you would have artifacts in the image, leftover from the manipulation. You'd have lines in the sky that wouldn't match up from the copy/paste then the invert/flip of that layer.

And I don't see any in the image.

Peace.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by susp3kt]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

Susp3kt.....

For interest's sake, I note the lens flare effects posted by Deccal in this thread are very similar to these one's published in the UK Telegraph:

Glowing Green UFO Photographed Over Norfolk Windmill

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by susp3kt

A skilled photo-chopper would not leave artifacts - If they're good. I just don't think they thought this through properly.

What are the odds that the 4 lights in the sky, will identically match 4 street lights, flipped and inverted - Astronomically.

Ever see a giraffe hug a tree, shadow and all?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f71943e944c5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by susp3kt

Sure, they somewhat match up if you flip the image, but for them to be lens flares you wouldn't have to flip it for those in the sky to match those of the ground, now would ya?

Actually, they precisely match and, yes, you do need to flip and mirror the light source(s) to recreate a pattern match of the reflections. These types reflections seen in photos are centrally symmetric. The reflection is created equidistant from the center on a 180 degree tangent from the source. As you can see, lines joining the light source to its reflection all pass through the same point...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/afdbf2a00e2d.jpg[/atsimg]

And the reason we only see five reflections is because the other light sources aren't bright enough to create a reflection. Or they are too faint too see in these low resolution images.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Hey deccal

Are there any corroborating eye-witnesses apart from the journalist who took these images? No reports from local press?

Since none of the photos seem to be directly aimed at the sky, but rather at the scenery below, I get the impression that's what the photographer wanted to capture.

Whether these lights are reflections or something else, without supporting evidence it's not enough to build a convincing case.

Originally posted by TortoiseKweek
What are the odds that the 4 lights in the sky, will identically match 4 street lights, flipped and inverted - Astronomically.

You should tell that to Zahi Hawass, the head of the Supreme Council of Antiquities in Egypt and director of excavations at Giza.

He still refuses to see any connection between the Orion star constellation and the fact that the three main pyramids at the Giza plateaux are arranged in the exact same formation. It's just New Age nonsense to him.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by Heliocentric]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

No, I couldn't find any report about other witnesses. But the photographer İrfan Üstündağ says that he can send the photos to the professionals. If I find the contact I may convince to send the original photos.

[edit on 29-7-2010 by deccal]

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   
This is the local newspape of the place where the photos are taken. Some new photos here too..
www.seyitgazim.com...
The photographer also works there.
Newspaper says that we are ready to send original files to anyone.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join