It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going to BP Head Quarters this Monday. Any messages?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This Monday Greenpeace are beginning an appeal whereby everyday for the next 3 weeks members of Greenpeace will be at BP Headquarters in London lobbying against BP's potential joining in the Sunrise Project in the tar sands of Alberta, Canada. In light of the Deepwater Horizon catastrophe, I'm seeing these weeks ahead as a chance to urge BP to think again and return to their 'Beyond Petroleum' ethos and change the direction of the road down which they/we have careened.

Tar sand exploitation is the latest in global rape for oil - puishing it to the limit - the dirtiest way to extract oil and the most damaging to our environment. (You tube Emily Hunters Tar sands documentaries)

Having felt totally impotent regarding the leak in the Gulf of Mexico, this appeal is a chance to do something and the opportunity to stop actions that would cost us and the planet too dearly.
I didn't have the chance to say, " No, pleae don't go drilling in the Gulf" - I DO have a chance to say "NO" to the tar sands!

I will be asking them to stop with the dispersants....

[edit on 9-7-2010 by 5senses]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I think you should bring rope

The oil spill is not that big of a deal to me and I live on the coast in South MS where the oil is. Oil can be cleaned up but the Dispersant cannot. Corexit is far worse than the Oil.

If you get the Chance tell the Execs to come to South MS ... we would like to show them some southern hospitality.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
You are right. The dispersants are the thing that's making this scenario 100 x worse. I will ask them to go to the Gulf so they have hands on experience of what;s REALLY going on.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Yes, if you have a chance to get only one thing out there to them - tell them the dispersants are poison! Thank you!

Go GreenPeace - need to update my membership!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 5senses

Here's my message to you:

Stay home. Why waste your time?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Ask them who authorized humanity as the sacrifice to their almighty dollar.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
You want a message for them?
Here, ask them this: How much did it cost to buy Obama?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

Gotta DO something practical otherwise all we do is WHINE!!!!

Everyone is writing their moans on a bloody website. People need to put their money where their mouths are in WHATEVER way they can. Other countries citizens woud have staged some kind of revolt by now! What are YOU DOING?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulderX

I'm guessing this:

Donations come from a mix of employees and the company’s political action committees — $2.89 million flowed to campaigns from BP-related PACs and about $638,000 came from individuals.

source

And that's just what we know about. :shk:

---

I don't know what a protest would do, but like others, my biggest concern is the dispersant used for the spill. Oil will kill, but can be cleaned. These dispersants, though... big mess.

Ask them to come pay a visit (without security.) Or they could go visit my currently affected co-member above in MS.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Found your thread,

How bout this one.

New BP Data Show 20% of Gulf Spill Responders Exposed to Chemical That Sickened Valdez Workers

www.nytimes.com...

They should account for this, as they are allowing Corexit 9500 still spraying nightly.

Natural Resources Defense Council Senior Scientist Gina Solomon described BP's continued offshore 2-butoxyethanol detection during the month of June as "worrisome."

"It suggests to me that there is still, clearly, a serious air-quality concern. ... [Gulf] air quality, if anything, seems to be deteriorating," Solomon said.

Hunter College toxicology professor Frank Mirer said it would be "implausible" that the ongoing detection of 2-butoxyethanol among workers could be attributable to only BP's early use of Corexit 9527.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Thank you. You are very kind to help me.
Yes, read this in the other thread you posted on - more BAD news comin our way. I'm gonna find, then print these findings and give them to sundry BP employess (at least TRY to give them!)

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'll donate some money so you can make some pamphlets or signs...

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

Starred you cause I hope you're being sincere...thank you for the thought. We're getting costs re-couped by Greenpeace who've briefed us on different potential scenarios.
The tar sands are a real and terrifying new threat BUT I must press home to them (BP) the present threat, no, not threat, the REALITY of the poisons they are exposing every living organism to and it gets worse and worse as the hand on the clock keeps ticking....

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ask them can the Earth get a ocean sea floor survey of the area 10mile dia. centered at rig site. I just want the world to get a nice picture of what is really happining
so the attention can be rediverted to who it really needs to be aiming at.... Just a you know 2 hr show of the current sea floor structural integrity fishers and all slimmies and all lol/smmfh forreal... Hey they can sell them too, there ya go BP $$$$$

[edit on 7/9/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
i'd be interested in knowing, besides corexit, which is an admitted, what other dispersants, known or experimental, are they using?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Noted

Getting pen and pad - actually called to try and make an appointment with the communicatins guy. Having to go through a couple of other people first but you never know - might yet make contact!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 5senses

Remember to look at the threads on this site!! Someone on the BP Spill forums on ATS is posting the LABELS from COREXIT 9500......along with their contracts...etc... Please go there to gather more evidence for people to read and see themselves for handouts.. You should invite a bunch of out of school kids to join the shouting

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 5senses

What a double standard? You want to spend time telling BP not to explore for more oil but still want all the benefits of the crude oil society? And guess what, if BP does not do this, some other company will and I want to have a decent retirement so I need BP to make as much money as they can.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Someone on the BP Spill forums on ATS is posting the LABELS from COREXIT 9500......along with their contracts...etc...

i'm interested, must have missed it, and am interested. can you link me or give the title of the thread?
thanx bud.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Yes - Seen label. It's the 'toxologist corexit destroys basic biological'...thread. Got it - am seriously taking notes and printing where/how I can. I'm jumping all over this site!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join