It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Vid* Congressman Stark Makes fun of Border Issue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Original Link

Wow, Ok its just this type of attitude from the congressmen and other people in power in Washington, that has led us to the situation we are in today.

Given all the activity going on down on the border, the killings, the mas exodus of Mexicans illegally across the border, the drug wars spilling on to American soil, how in the WORLD can you have this sort of attitude toward border security?

This man is a prime example of elected officials who have forgotten that they work for US, we cannot allow this sort of elitist mindset to go on any longer at the detriment of our nation and future of our childrens rights.

This isnt just about the border, this sort of thinking with these shills extends to ALL areas of our sovereignty!

Its time to clean house.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
If this guy acted like this at my "town hall meeting". He wouldn't have any teeth left. I am really surprised the crowd sat there and let that POS sit there and belittle them like that. That tone in itself is why we are in the predicament we are in as a country

[edit on 29-6-2010 by Bonified Ween]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bonified Ween

The irritating part is, thats not the only person he blew off like that in that town hall.........at one point earlier on , an older gentleman was talking about the goings on in Washington and stated

"Congressman dont pee on my leg and tell me its raining"

To which Stark replied

"I wouldnt pee on your leg sir, that would be a waste of urine"

Seriously? how do these people keep getting voted in? its time to put these A-holes back in their place!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
how insulting. people were asking legitimate questions and expressing legitimate concerns and he treated them like they were crazy.
i mean, im not one to support the AZ law, but i can understand why its there and why the people are angry. he didnt even try to answer the questions, he just made stupid, ridiculous, hypothetical questions.
what a jerk.

EDIT: forgot a period

[edit on 29-6-2010 by mooseinhisglory]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'm sorry, I could only take two minutes of that boob. After the first forty seconds I wanted to punch him in the mouth. I'm so ticked at his smug attude an answers
I agree with an earlier post, we need to clean house big time.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
You know what the sad part is? Most of the Elected officials think they are above the people whe they are actually below us. They are public servants. Their job is simple serve the public that elected them and do so in full compliance with the Constitution.

This poor excuse for a human is a prime example what is wrong with America.

This is why we need 2 things:

1) term limits.
2) A removal proceedure.

I would have probally gone to jail for what I would have told him if he was my Rep.

I hold all elected officals to a much higher standard then I would another person.

This Idiot also proves that they look at the voters as lesser people like the lord/slave relationship of the middle ages.

Well I have a Message for the other Idiots out there like him.

We the People are Comming....

You have tread on us and we will strike soon.... See you at the balot box.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
He should be dumped, like most incumbents in fact. For 38 years this incompetent boob has sat in congress. Makes more people want to run against him just to see his sorry butt removed and retired.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This is what you call a poor excuse for a congressman. How dare he treat these people in such a manner! I liked the end where the guy asked him what his plans for retirement were or something to that affect.
That guy wouldn't last long in my area I'll tell ya.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

No doubt! Thanks for all the replies.....

Its sickening that they think this way, the sad thing is , I have a friend who was congressman here in Idaho, and I talked to him often on areas like this. He says that this sort of attitude in Washington is pretty normal.

These people sell their souls to get where they are, and once the special interest money starts rolling in, they could care less what goes on. They are making big bucks, they have people at their fingertips, and as long as people are ignorant to whats going on, they dont have to worry about not getting re elected.

this "The people are stupid, and dont know whats good for them" attitude must end

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely......

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
What really pushed me over the edge was at the first fifteen second mark. "Does the Minutemen have something to say? Who are you gonna kill now?" Who the (blankety blank) does this idiot think he is? I'm really trying to watch this video, but damn his whole "I'm sooooo much better then you." attitude is really ticking me off. This should be on the national news . . yeah, I know it won't.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

You should really Youtube this guys name and watch how he acts. I swear if I was in California and running against this guy, my WHOLE campaign would be nothing but YOUTUBE clips of him talking down to his constituents, and being a general prick in town halls........and then at the end......

"DO YOU REALLY WANT THIS MAN BACK IN OFFICE?"

(this message approved by Manbehindthemask)

lost election , MISSION COMPLETE!

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I have pondered this video. I enjoy studying people. I am a people watcher. What they do. Their behaviors. I will sit and contemplate why someone did this or that action.

The thing that seems to stand out to me here is that our elected leaders, especially in the legislative branch, tend to have loooooooong careers doing what they do. It is almost like a ruling class.

And it tends to end up this way, too. With party politics dominating the US, having a parent to give you a "leg up" in the party can get you your shot to run for an office a lot sooner. In this way it is less about skill and more about parental legacy.

To make it worse, there is money at play. With the current campaign finance system, offices are bought and paid for. If you raise more money, you most often will win. Even on local levels in a small town. The view that money = free speech is a huge travesty to our nation.

If we could get the campaign finance right, and then impose some term limits, we might see a more grounded senate. of course, the impact is a loss of legal experience...but that is a whole nuther topic (that includes banning lawyers from legislative seats).

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Oh i totally agree, this is complete B.S

We need term limits asap, and this "hand me down" government henchmen scheme needs to be put an end to.

I know people get certain bonuses because of who their parents are, but how is this sort of thing any different then the system used for kings and queens?

We have our own dukes and duchesses right here in the US, we just call them politicians........

The system needs a complete overhaul......

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Even though this thread was created last, it collected more replies than the first thread, thus it would only make sense to close the duplicate thread with the least amount of replies.

Please continue in the secondary thread.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join