It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama DOCTRINE: Congress Just Declared Preemptive WAR on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

War with Iran has already been decided by the powers that be and the modern-day quasi-declaration happened last Thursday. Using the same legislative and propaganda playbook that led to the Iraq War, the U.S. Government has just officially declared War on Iran.

Reuters reported “Congress on Thursday approved tough new unilateral sanctions aimed at squeezing Iran’s energy and banking sectors, which could also hurt companies from other countries doing business with Tehran. The House of Representatives passed the bill 408-8 and sent it to President Barack Obama for signing into law. The Senate had approved it 99-0 earlier in the day.”

Congress hasn’t officially voted for a Declaration of War since World War II. In modern times they use creative wording in bills that authorize the broad use of force across borders in the sweeping “War on Terror."

The Bush Doctrine of preemptively attacking countries because they may pose a threat to America in the future was universally trashed by progressives, but is alive and well under Obama, the Prince of Peace, without one dissenting vote in the Senate.

This authority is what the Obama Administration claims also gives them the legal argument to bomb sovereign countries like Pakistan.

This unilateral decision by the United States Congress comes on the heels of a 12-2 U.N. Security Council vote on June 8th to impose a “modest tightening of sanctions” against Iran. Of course, Russia and China have been assured that sanctions won't apply to their energy needs in order to secure their votes. After the vote President Obama asserted that, "these sanctions do not close the door on diplomacy." - Source

So it seems that history is repeating. What we are seeing now is the same sequence of events that led to the US going to war with Iraq.

Large numbers ofAmerican battleships in decisive military positions
Armada of US and Israeli Warships...

And now we are also have the CIA Director Leon Panetta stating that 'Iran could be two years from Nuclear bomb'.

So it looks like the wheels are in motion - war with Iran seems invevitable.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
And right after Iran was said to be overflowing with gold

Well, since its a declaration...Does anyone have WWIII come to mind?
This is kinda sad though D: since we've been fighting for so long and all plans to pull out have fallen through.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Oh, and as if that is bad enough we have this from CNN...

North Korean officials are criticizing the U.S. for bringing heavy weapons into a border village in the demilitarized zone that divides the Korean peninsula, state media reported Monday.

State-run KCNA claims U.S. forces brought weapons into the Panmunjom area Saturday morning. A U.S. military spokesperson did not immediately return a call requesting comment.

"The introduction of heavy weapons to the area around the conference hall where armed forces of both sides stand in acute confrontation is a premeditated provocation aimed to spark off a serious military conflict," the agency said.

North Korean military officials have said they will "take strong military countermeasures" if the weapons are not removed, according to KCNA. - CNN

So, N.Korea are being poked and prodded too?

In March a South Korean warship was sunk - with North Korea being blamed of course, something they denied. G8 leaders then condemned N.Korea demanding that they cease their attacks.

Maybe the fact they have nuclear technology will act as a guarentee against any type of war with the US/UK (because you can bet the UK would get dragged along for the ride) - but the same fact also makes these events even more worrying.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones - Albert Einstein.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I Love Ron Paul ! He needs to be 30 years younger.. then he's really kick Obama's Butt.

many people don't like Ron Paul.

Truth is history proves Him RIGHT.

These sanctions are a bad idea. Do you think the U.S is even going to honor the sanction agreement and stop trade with China? No Way. The U.S wont even follow their own laws. China can then use that as an excuse to rape us in trade.

If China gets pissed over this, we will be looking at WW III.

In a way, I hope the worst does happen.I hope China and friends kick our ass. I hope this is all out bloody war and thousands of our boys gets killed. Their sacrifice will not be in vein if the people learn from this and force our Government to change. Then we rebuild this America better than it was before.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
While I agree that WWIII will almost certainly be this summer, I don't think there will be an America left to rebuild. Once the Queen lizard gives her speech at the UN, the false flag will pop off like the proverbial starting gun then it's time to bend over and kiss our butts goodbye.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Although I don't like the way things are going either, you better hope that China doesn't get involved and that China doesn't "kick our ass' because their will not be an American people left to change an American Government that will no longer be here...

I suggest some sober study of the Chinese culture and lifestyle under Communist rule. If you think things are bad now, you ain't seen nothing until the Chinese take over.

For instance, just for saying what you just said...you would suddenly dissappear.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
The thing is, any problem with N.Korea is also a problem with China. As the following article shows, China are not happy with Obama...

Obama comments on N Korea 'irresponsible': China state media

China's state media on Tuesday slammed US President Barack Obama for suggesting Beijing had turned a blind eye to North Korea's actions, calling his remarks "irresponsible and flippant".

At the Group of 20 summit in Canada at the weekend, Obama said China must not show "willful blindness" over Pyongyang's "belligerent behaviour", noting he had spoken bluntly to Chinese President Hu Jintao on the matter.

The English-language Global Times hit back at the US leader, saying he should have taken Beijing's concerns into consideration before "making irresponsible and flippant remarks about China's role in the region".

The newspaper, noting Beijing's role as host of the on-off six-nation talks on North Korea's nuclear disarmament, said: "It is thus not China that is turning a blind eye to what North Korea has done and has not done."

I find that last comment (BOLD) to be particularly poignant. What are China implying here?

Also...

"The US cannot ignore the fact that China remains the most important channel of effective communication in this situation," the paper said.

"Closing the channel would leave the situation deadlocked. That is by no means what the world wants." - Source

Another rather sinister comment.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Although I don't like the way things are going either, you better hope that China doesn't get involved and that China doesn't "kick our ass' because their will not be an American people left to change an American Government that will no longer be here...

I suggest some sober study of the Chinese culture and lifestyle under Communist rule. If you think things are bad now, you ain't seen nothing until the Chinese take over.

For instance, just for saying what you just said...you would suddenly dissappear.

I said I hoped they would kick our ass enough to bring sense to the masses. I never said I wanted them to Win.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Good ole sanctions can't beat them for softening up a target. This will obviously end in disaster.

Russian's have complained to the UN today about German intervention on board a Russian vessel headed for Iran. The ship in question was delivering computer equipment for Iran's Bushehr nuclear plant the legality of which was never in question.

You can easily see something going wrong, even a simple miscommunication or someone using heavy handed tactics while on board inspecting cargo, could lead to all out war.

www.reuters.com...
presstv.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

I said I hoped they would kick our ass enough to bring sense to the masses. I never said I wanted them to Win.

Haha, now you're backpedaling.

Everyone knows what it means to 'kick someone's ass', but you are acting like it has a different meaning than the one we all know it does.

*You don't want China to kick our ass. Not even a little.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Haha, now you're backpedaling.

Everyone knows what it means to 'kick someone's ass', but you are acting like it has a different meaning than the one we all know it does.

*You don't want China to kick our ass. Not even a little.

If your avatar wasn't so cute I'd say,
Here puppy, Go fecth .. go get the poisoned Milkbone.

Nah, your right.. I don't want our boys killed.. but I do think something needs to give for this government to change. It has become too large and corrupt. We cant fight it with guns, or laws. We have tons of elected officials doing what they want and not representing the will of the People. Too often they represent the corporations who line their pockets.

Trouble is, the corporations are counted as if they were the People thanks to the lobbyist. You and I do not count.

Here's what I would like to see:

We need a law that says Only individuals can lobby elected officials not corporations and corporations cannot contribute to an officials election campaign.

No potential elected official can even have contributions to run. we need Federal paid for ( yes our tax dollars) postings on who the candidates are and what they stand for. This includes travel and all expenses for the campaign. Each will get a set amount to work with and that's all they can use. Private citizens and corporations will have a cap put on how much they can spend to advertise a candidate of their choice. There will be strict rules they have to follow on the size and style of the advertisement.. this way it's all balanced and fair.

Media Must give equal time to each candidate.

If we had laws like that, this country would be a much better place with elected official who actually care about doing the right thing by the people.

I would gladly give my tax dollars to this. This type of thing should be what our taxes are used for. It would be a lot better than how things work now.

[edit on 29-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I thought pre-emptive war was the Bush doctrine but perhaps it's Obama's too. They just can't seem to throw the disasters at us fast enough these days.
I am in utter amazement that we are posturing for yet another war at a time when we're still bogged down in Afghanistan and our national economy is going down the crapper. Surely, this is about geopolitics and what the Saudis and Israelis want as attacking Iran serves no interest of the US.
So the lunatics have taken over the asylum, what's new? Maybe we should just make Eric Prince the dictator of America and be done with it. I would swear I was dreaming but everyday I wake up to the same nightmare. Words fail in the face of this sheer stupidity and evil.
Maybe I'll build a house out of toilet paper so I can survive the coming sh!@storm.

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

US 'waging psy-war against Iran'

Iran says the US allegation about the military nature of Tehran's nuclear program is "a psychological war" aimed at creating a negative attitude towards the country.

On Sunday, CIA director Leon Panetta said he "thinks" Iran has enough low-enriched uranium to produce two atomic weapons within two years, without elaborating on the source of the conjecture.

Such remarks are some kind of psychological warfare aimed at creating a negative mentality about Iran's peaceful nuclear program, Iran's Foreign Ministry spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast said in reaction to Panetta's comments, IRNA reported.

"The US officials, especially their intelligence apparatus, know that Iran's nuclear program is not a military one, but is aimed at peaceful purposes."

Mehmanparast went on to say that those who spread such false news seek to divert world's attention from the main cause of concern, namely the nuclear arsenals of certain countries and regimes which threaten the security of the nations.

The United States, Israel and their allies accuse Iran of pursuing military objectives in its nuclear program.

Iran has repeatedly rejected the allegations, reserving its right to a peaceful nuclear energy as a member of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT). - www.presstv.ir...

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Ron Paul is exactly right, this is Iraq all over again. So much for hope and change huh? Further proof that Bush and Obama are one in the same on policy.

top topics

join