It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me, or is this wrong?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Who goes to hell is the question he asks "gay's, fags, hundreds of jews..." is the reply.

Typical hate speech, from a not so typical source.

A 7 year old.

Strolling through youtube this am I ran across this video in the sidebar. Seeing the title.."7 year old: I think you'll go to hell", I was immediatly perplexed and couldn't even finish my other video. I had to see what this was about.

I can't say I'm glad I did, just the subject matter "Westboro Baptist Church" is enough to make most people throw up in their mouth a little bit. If you aren't familiar with them, they are the church who pickets soldiers funerals and exclaims how god killed them because of the US' stance on homosexuality.

I guess I never really thought about the kids involved. But being a parent, of a 7 year old little boy, this whole situation bothers me all the more.

I don't really know what else to say, its appalling.

Here's the video.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Thats sad, scary, and a little morbid. They are not Christians, or they would not act like that, they seem to forget, Christ taught all fall short of the glory of God, and we are all sinners, and God sees even committing one sin as terrible as any sin. Those people from that Church are just lost!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe that people can think like this! The boy is so brainwashed - so sad, hes cute as a button. Poor guy does't know what else to do but go along with what his parents are preaching to him. This is child abuse - he needs a better home. Something needs to be done - this is a hate crime and very dangerous!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The kid does have his facts right. Gay people DO go to hell, because homosexuality is a sin. Jews even though God's chosen people, also go to hell because they (by they I mean jews who follow the jewish religion) do not believe in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. However there is hope for jews and gays, because luckily for them the end of times is upon us, and they will time to repent for their sins (I'm referring more to the gays now) and follow the gospel of Jesus.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76
The kid does have his facts right. Gay people DO go to hell, because homosexuality is a sin. Jews even though God's chosen people, also go to hell because they (by they I mean jews who follow the jewish religion) do not believe in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. However there is hope for jews and gays, because luckily for them the end of times is upon us, and they will time to repent for their sins (I'm referring more to the gays now) and follow the gospel of Jesus.

How do you know he wouldn’t condemn you to hell? And then would you agree with him?

[edit on 28-6-2010 by worlds_away]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by worlds_away

I know he wouldn't condemn me to hell because I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, and I DO follow the gospel of Jesus Christ. In other words there is simply nothing to condemn me for.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I always find it funny that people say who is going to go to heaven and who is going to go to hell when the bible clearly states that all sins are just as equal as the other in the end and that no man can tell who is going to go to heaven and who is going to go to hell. It completely contradicts itself in many ways.

BTY, westboro baptist church is full of A-holes. They openly protest full of hate speech soldiers funerals all the time, even the ones that arent gay. I mean, its there funerals, what happened to morality?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
On behalf of the state of Ks I apologize...again.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I know he wouldn't condemn me to hell because I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, and I DO follow the gospel of Jesus Christ. In other words there is simply nothing to condemn me for.

do you eat pork? ever said "God damnit"? Ever had premarital sex? Masterbate? Not observe the sabbath? Wear a cross? Goto a church that has a cross? Have pictures of Jesus? The list goes on and on. Im glad that you "know" exactly what Jesus thinks...isnt that just like saying you are Jesus? Isnt that exactly the opposite of what is said in the bible, that know man shall know?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ReVoLuTiOn76

Wow.

And you actually believe that don't you?

I wish you people would ask...WWJD.

I have a really strong feeling that he'd turn his back on people who are so damn sure of their spotlessness and so darn sure of everyone else's sins.

Pathetic.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Very sad that children are indoctrinated like this. Personally, I don't see any difference in this kid saying that Jews and gays are going to hell and any other person saying that anyone is going to hell. It's all stupid judgmental crap. The most righteous and devout Christian telling me I'm going to hell is just as bad as this kid. It's the same thing. It's what he's been taught by his closed-minded and fear-filled parents. It's time to break out of this religious indoctrination, no matter what flavor, and start thinking for ourselves and loving one another.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

I totally agree with you!

This is hate and brainwashing - the child can't even think for himself and will never be allowed to do so. What ever happened to "love thy neighbor"!

This is a hate group - plain and simple.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Exactly my point. You know you are not going to hell because you have repented for your sins and that is what you believe. How does the 7 year old child know that? How does he know that you have repented for your sins? He can only know his state with his God. He cannot tell another what their state with God is because that is personal.

If faith is based on individual beliefs and one cannot condemn another than how can that 7 year old child condemn people he does not even know?

Imagine yourself having a conversation with that child.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Like many others on here I first heard of these glue bags on Louis Theroux documentary. Literally people who have not evolved.

The head of this family, the grandfather is a very strange man indeed, and it is with him where this indoctrination begins. He somehow has complete control over his underlings the likes of which Hitler would be envious of. All I can say is mind control at it's very finest, and who knows maybe some systematic abuse in the mix somewhere. But I can only speculate on that, as I thankfully don't know them.

I feel really sorry for these kids, they don't stand a chance at being 'normal.'

To add Fred Phelps is the guy I was referring to as the grandfather. I wouldn't be surprised if under intensive psycho analysis it was revealed that he either has homosexual feelings himself that he cannot deal with, or perhaps his father did.

[edit on 28-6-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
I don't really know what else to say, its appalling.

There's nothing you can say, really. This is what happens when religions drive a psychosis in parents and then subsequently inculcate their children with their hang ups.

Westboro are simply attention whores who are completely obsessed with homosexuality.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
ANYONE who disrespects a fallen soldier deserves to be thrown into a warzone un-armed.
Even if you think that the war is wrong, those people were doing what they knew to be right for them.

This church and all others like it should be shut down.
I hate organized religion, and the good Christians out there get a bad rep when stuff like this happens

It just makes me mad when a couple of rotten apples like Westborrow can ruin the reputation of the whole religion.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Big Raging Loner,

Here is the link. I just watched this recently...what a hoot!!!

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

Have Fun,
73's,
Tom

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
After reading the initial reactions a few questions come to mind.

For those that are claiming this is 'hate', please explain. For hate itself is not a crime, yet. One can have hatred for another without infringing upon their rights as an individual. The words he spoke are not in incitement of any sort. They are ignorant by the standards of most of society no doubt, but this group has every right to exercise their beliefs so long as they do not infringe upon the rights of others.

For those claiming child abuse: This one is a bit tricky. On one hand you are screaming abuse because you find what the child is saying offensive and you do not subscribe to their doctrine or religion or either. Again, their beliefs are protected regardless of what you speculate may or may not be going on. Because of those two things, it is you, subjectively calling out child abuse. This is nearly the same argument between the discipline actions of to spank or not.

A few other random thoughts

Originally posted by Negotium of VerumThis church and all others like it should be shut down.

Really? On what grounds? Are the members advocating or inciting a crime? Or are they expressing their views and beliefs via the public forum. Regardless of how tacky their methods may be, they are not infringing upon anyone else. Who would shut the church down? Government? Think again.

Originally posted by Benevolent HereticIt's time to break out of this religious indoctrination, no matter what flavor, and start thinking for ourselves and loving one another.

This is a bit self centered and believing that you know the way to enlightenment. By proclaiming that it is religion that keeps us from thinking freely and to not love one another. This actually places you within the same sphere you so dreadfully despise.

While some here may not agree with what the child said or the methods to which he is being brought up in the household, we cannot proclaim backwardness without first looking at ourselves. We must look at ourselves through the lens that we are no better than this sect of Christianity that has skewed the words of God to fit their views of society. Just as a lot here skew words to fit their perception of reality to make themselves seem more enlightened than the next.

So in summary, personally, the child does not know what he says because the type of understanding that is needed to know exactly what he is saying has yet to develop. Do I think it is hate? Nope, just ignorant babble from what I see as ignorant practices. Is it abuse? Nope and if we go down that road it would lead to any teachings that fall outside of the prescribed method to fall under abuse and that dear people is what we are trying to move away from.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Big Range Rover,

Here is another that I found interesting and at times extremely hilarious and truthful.
It does mention that baptist church among a few others.

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

Really a must see for all those self righteous "christians", Not the real ones?

Enjoy and 73's,
Tom

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Sorry for the double posts

[edit on 28-6-2010 by tomdham]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join