It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire ball hits field in canada

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Sorry if this is in the wrong section, please move if it is. Thanks

The P.E.I. fire marshal's office is investigating after an unusual fire on Saturday in a farmer's field in Grahams Road. Louis Campbell and his wife said they were sitting on their front yard just before noon when they saw a ball of fire — about the size of a football — land in their hay field. "Don't know where it came from," he said. "It hit the field and I didn't notice much for a couple of minutes, and then there was smoke come up." Campbell said he went to check on the damage and decided to call the fire department. "It was spreading in the straw or the hay," he said. "So I tramped it out." New London volunteer fire department Chief Allen Cole said the object is being considered an "unidentified falling object," and the fire marshal's office is investigating.
Source

Wow, that must have been crazy to see

Must have been a Meteor

hisz.rsoe.hu...

[edit on 15/6/10 by boo1981]

[edit on 15/6/10 by boo1981]

Mod Edit: Added EX tags and source.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
if he trampled out the fire he must have been right next to what ever it was, they must have retrieved it by now if it was as small as a football.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Maybe juust maybe it was a
Chinese lantern! like it had a hole in it, or caught itself on fire.

they will probably find a metal ring, with an x in the middle. with burnt stuff on it.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Well it would be a meteorite if it hit earth. But yeah that would be the most likely explanation. It will be interesting to see if there was anything left of it. The fact that it hit the planet , rather than burning completely up in the atmosphere suggests that it was either originaly quite big, or made of something a little tougher than the porous stuff we often see hitting the atmosphere. Good find.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I have tried to find some more information about this but cant seem to find anything apart from what is already said above

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Ther must be more people who sa this, if it come's from space than there must be a trail??? Maybe we here soon more of it. Good find

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Ther is more news about it:

www.cbc.ca...

ca.news.yahoo.com...

www.journalpioneer.com...

they even discus it here in Holland:
www.niburu.nl...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Thanks for that info, at the time there was no news stories that i could find on the subject

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Meteors are not balls of fire when they get to the surface. While they may be warm or even hot to the touch, they don't start fires.

9. Are meteorites "glowing" hot when they reach the ground?

Probably not. The ablation process, which occurs over the majority of the meteorite's path, is a very efficient heat removal method, and was effectively copied for use during the early manned space flights for re-entry into the atmosphere. During the final free-fall portion of their flight, meteorites undergo very little frictional heating, and probably reach the ground at only slightly above ambient temperature.

For the obvious reason, however, exact data on meteorite impact temperatures is rather scarce and prone to hearsay. Therefore, we are only able to give you an educated guess based upon our current knowledge of these events.

www.amsmeteors.org...

A failed sky lantern sounds like a likely culprit.

[edit on 6/15/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jericanman
they must have retrieved it by now if it was as small as a football.

According to this article there's nothing left of the object.

The burning object disintegrated upon impact with the ground, leaving a burn spot about 10 feet by five feet.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by freelance_zenarchist]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

That doesn't look like burned hay to me.
This looks like burned hay.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reviewing some of the links fine, still active ATSers, have supplied...

yep....

sounds like some of the reports demonstrate that this particular instance has similiar aspects to ... swamp gas.

but, i could be wrong with absolutley little qualifying authority to speak on this matter ...

or maybe the truth lies inbetween the above two above theoretic possibilities.

at any rate, so anybody hear anythiing about any fireballs falling from the sky?

s&f, & thanks for sharing,
ET

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It doesn't look like burned hay as if by fire! Looks like something that has been laying on it too long and the hay turned brown due to lack of air and or moisture.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I have witnessed ball lightning (which remained in the air), and I've spoken to people who have observed ball lightning on the ground.

They described it as a bluish white spinning ball that exploded, but it was described as softball sized. These cases of ball lightning were observed in a transmitter building directly beneath a broadcasting tower several hundred feet high during an intense thunderstorm.

The report does not say if there were any thunderstorms in the area, but perhaps ball lightning can form in a variety of conditions.

If no solid physical debris was discovered at the point of impact, then what was witnessed may not have been made of any solid physical material.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
There is a long list of events on this Canadian event:

- A man outside sawing wood, saw odd blue hail that stuck to his raincoat that disappeared within seconds, before he heard the boom and saw a bright orange flash.
- Many witnesses saw an orange glow or smoke in the woods, "like iron ore dust."

There are reports of a light that does not burn that perhaps
is done with ether sound waves from electricity.
ED: Also perhaps a case of looking up to the sky and seeing any
trace of an airship.

[edit on 6/20/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

new topics

top topics

join