It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia Gives Israel Clear Skies to Attack Iranian Nuke Sites

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Saudi Arabia Gives Israel Clear Skies to Attack Iranian Nuke Sites

www.foxnews.com

LONDON -- Saudi Arabia has conducted tests to stand down its air defenses to enable Israeli jets to make a bombing raid on Iran’s nuclear facilities, The Times of London reported Saturday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 6/12/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It appears that the bombing of Iran's nuclear facilities is now imminent. The Saudis have given the green light for Israel to begin the air raids. If Iran has developed nuclear arms, this may be the point in time they will use them. I suspect this to occur within the next 48 to 72 hours, as Israel does not want to lose their window of opportunity. Let's hope this will stay conventional as opposed to nuclear!

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 6/12/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
im sorry but I wish all these muppets would sort themselves out, if they're going to start war do it, if not don't , and stop babbling on about it,

sorry I just wish they'd all sort it out already

[edit on 12-6-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Mabe if Iran wasnt run by a nutjob, then the the world wouldn't mind them having nuclear power.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

It will not happen - they are daring each other.

Just like kids, daring.

Yawn, forget it.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by MR BOB
Mabe if Iran wasnt run by a nutjob, then the the world wouldn't mind them having nuclear power.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by MR BOB]

One problem with that:

The apartheid State of Khazaria is ran by a bigger nutjub, with more stockpile of nukes which they tried to sell to another apartheid in the past known as South Africa. And you aren't a friend of his, just a useful idiot.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
If Iran has nukes they better whip them out now. But they don't have them, only Israel does.

I am sure to get blasted for this, but I am in 100% support of the Islamic Republic of Iran. We have since 2005, been gearing up for war against Iran and I am fed up with it. Everyone on the msm have been in agreement with these sanctions, but I am against it. They don't let anyone on TV who thinks these sanctions are bad unless they are making them look crazy.

Israel is the largest threat to the world. And when, not if, Israel attacks Iran they will have to fight the Muslim world. The ME is already pissed and this will only finish off Israel, it will push the ME into a constant state of war until either Israel kills everyone there or they are gone.

Iran already has a military alliance with Syria and Hezbollah in the case of an attack on Iran. Hezbollah has 40,000 missiles aimed at Israel and Syria has missiles that can hit Jerusalem and Tel Aviv and level the cities. Iran has a massive military and a strong sense of unity, solidarity and nationalism.

This will shake the world to its' core and will draw a massive line in the sand, you are either black or white, unless you remain neutral. Turkey will probably join Iran and will leave the west.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Israel is the largest threat to the world.

Priceless. Dude, there are tens of thousands of nukes all over the globe. In this century (21st) more then million people already were killed in all the conflicts and Israel is the biggest threat to the world?
Right. Propaganda works.
And by the way, Iran is not that popular among lots of Sunni Muslims. So even if worse happens and Israel does attack Iran - do not wait for Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Jordan, Oman,Yemen, Turkey, Libya, Algeria ,(tens of other countries in Africa and Asia) to interfere. Iran , Lebanon, Gaza and possibly Syria would get involved tops.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
wise choice by saudi arabia. they are too rich to side with the under dog. their decision was reasonable.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

The USA is a threat too, so is any country with a nuke. But Israel is the only country with nukes that won't abide by international law, they are the country that is an apartheid state, they are the country that is bulldozing homes, they are the country that is built from some story in a fairytale book, they are the country that murders protestors in the streets protesting against oppression.

I never said Iran was perfect, far from it. But Israel has nukes, Iran does not. Iran probably doesn't even want nukes and the western media is constantly taking what Ahmadinejad says out of context so that it sounds like he wants Israel to be wiped off the map. All he says is that the regime will fall, not death to the Israeli people.

It's a propaganda campaign and it has worked on the west, especially the USA. Israel is one of the most radical and dangerous countries in the world. Right up there with North Korea and the former Taliban regime in Afghanistan.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
They have been free to do anything for years.

Fox must employ planks of wood like glenn beck for these stories.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2bb1208207f0.gif[/atsimg]

Saudi Arabia ready to clear skies for Israeli attack on Iranian nuclear sites

Riyadh, June 12(ANI): The Saudi Arabian Government has reportedly conducted several tests to create a clear path for Israeli bombers to carry out any possible attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities. According to Timesonline, following the UN Security Council’s imposition of new sanctions on Tehran, Saudi Arabia has agreed to allow Israel to use a narrow corridor of its airspace to shorten the distance for any bombing. “The Saudis have given their permission for the Israelis to pass over and they will look the other way,” Timesonline quoted a US defence source, as saying. “They have already done tests to make sure their own jets aren’t scrambled and no one gets shot down. This has all been done with the agreement of the [US] State Department,” the source added. The primary targets for any raid on Iran could be the uranium enrichment facilities at Natanz and Qom, the gas storage development at Isfahan and the heavy-water reactor at Arak. Secondary targets could include the lightwater reactor at Bushehr.

www.thaindian.com...

From the looks of that map, Israel would still have to go over Jordan no? Unless they go into Egypt then Saudi Arabia.

Edited to try a different map.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by jackflap]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Why cant they fly from Israel into the Red Sea then over Saudi?

Originally posted by jackflap
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3a999e871387.jpg[/atsimg]

Saudi Arabia ready to clear skies for Israeli attack on Iranian nuclear sites

Riyadh, June 12(ANI): The Saudi Arabian Government has reportedly conducted several tests to create a clear path for Israeli bombers to carry out any possible attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities. According to Timesonline, following the UN Security Council’s imposition of new sanctions on Tehran, Saudi Arabia has agreed to allow Israel to use a narrow corridor of its airspace to shorten the distance for any bombing. “The Saudis have given their permission for the Israelis to pass over and they will look the other way,” Timesonline quoted a US defence source, as saying. “They have already done tests to make sure their own jets aren’t scrambled and no one gets shot down. This has all been done with the agreement of the [US] State Department,” the source added. The primary targets for any raid on Iran could be the uranium enrichment facilities at Natanz and Qom, the gas storage development at Isfahan and the heavy-water reactor at Arak. Secondary targets could include the lightwater reactor at Bushehr.

www.thaindian.com...

From the looks of that map, Israel would still have to go over Jordan no? Unless they go into Egypt then Saudi Arabia.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Sorry about that, I didn't realize the map I posted at first would get cut out like that. I saw this on the news this morning that Saudi Arabia cleared Israel to strike Iran and I started checking out some maps. I hope this doesn't turn into all out war.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I dont believe Iran doesn't have nukes... they have russia and china as their benefactors and there has been word of N-korea having had dealings over nuclear arms with Iran amongst others. Not to mention that we simply have NO CLUE as to how far Iran has advanced their nuclear program... hell even some terrorsist organizations are thought to have nuclea abilities...

Nope it doesn't fly with me... I'd be VERY surprised if Iran truly doens't have nukes..
the lack of evidence to support this claim is in my opinion not a good basis to say Iran CANT have nukes..

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Oooof

Let's just hope those bombers get shot down or something.

Either way, if Iran gets attacked, i think israel will get the kicking of its life. Sadly though, i think the USA will blindly follow Israel into this.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by faceoff85

Well even if they did it comes down to a classic thought, why are we(the west) allowed to have them and they are not?

We claim that we are not dangerous while we claim they are, they claim they are not dangerous and claim we are. Then it just comes down to who has more control, and we all know which side that is. It's the bully, we are a big bully. The USA is the only country to ever use a nuke yet we are so vehemently against any other country having a nuke, if anything we should not be allowed to have nukes.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I would say we are in the final countdown to an Israeli assault....

1) Iran on the verge of purifying uranium to the required levels...showing no intention of slowing their efforts.
2) Iran thumbing its nose at the latest round of sanctions, which finally says that further diplomatic measures are pointless.
3) Turkey, Iran and others are now applying pressure on Israel to end the Gaza blockade...and daring Israel to take military action.
4) Israeli subs (and other assets no doubt) moving into firing range.
5) American Carrier Groups moving into position
6) Saudi Arabia (and others?) preparing to clear the air lanes of attack.

An assault seems a near certainty.

What snowballs after that...who the &%$* knows?

Dangerous, dangerous situation.

This summer would not be a good time to take the family on a trip to the Holy Land.

PS....a Saudi Prince is telling the rest of Royal family it is time to get out of Dodge...

[edit on 12-6-2010 by mobiusmale]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
there wont be any nuclear war in the middle east and here are the reasons
1. fallout would hurt their own whether it be Muslims or Jews because of close proximity
2. they would expose oil to radition fallout and make oil useless(china,russia and u.s. aint going to let that happen)
3. Iranian president loves being in power and if his country was destroyed he couldnt be on t.v. and be worshiped.
its all a bunch of sabre rattling. this sh** has been going on for years and will continue for decades to come

one question for the muslim terrorist.... if suicide bombing is so great and your family will be taken care of and you become a hero and you get 27 virgins when you die...why dont they all do it?? heck the 27 virgins is enough for me..

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

1) Wrong. Iran is at around 20% enrichment. To build a bomb requires around 90%, and it becomes exponentially harder to enrich to higher levels. They don't have the technology to even make it halfway there.

2) Twisted logic. Iran is the last country in the world that wants sanctions. It's not their choice, of course they would thumb their nose at them. Mind you, these sanctions come in the very midst of diplomatic measures between Turkey and Brazil. This actually proves that the US is not interested in diplomacy, whereas Iran is.

3-6) True. Premeditated aggression against a sovereign nation. This has actually been going on for a long time. Propaganda against Iran has been slowly mounting over the last decade.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join