It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified falling object.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Immediate disclaimer:
I am not claiming what I saw was otherworldly. If I knew what it was I would not be posting this thread and asking for ideas. I am hoping that someone has seen a like object and can tell me what it was. I am also accepting any reasonable ideas or possibilities.

Around midnight tonight (06/12/2010), I was driving home. I made the turn from the main road onto the narrow side road that is paved for about a mile and then becomes a dirt road for about 6 miles and dead ends. There is a large open field that runs along the left side of the road and a canal that runs along the right. There are no houses for several miles along the way and if there were any vehicles they would have been easily seen. The only things out there that I could see was myself, some trees and a field that has quite a few cows. Just as I made the turn onto the road that would take me home I saw a very bright light, just a bit smaller than a basketball, drift to the ground. I heard no sound and I lost view of it for a short time as it past behind some trees. I never saw exactly were it landed and I could not track it after I lost sight of it. I only know that it was unusually bright, almost like one of those halogen lamps. It made no sound and it fell slowly from the sky.

I have no idea what it was. Anybody willing to make an educated guess?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

NightSkyeB4Dawn.....

As an initial idea.....

Could it have been ball lightning?

en.wikipedia.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c15c4ac1115.jpg[/atsimg]

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Wow! It was very close to some of the objects in the video except that it fell at a slower rate and it was just the single object.

The sky was clear. No evidence of possible rain. No thunder or any other kind of lightening but I am definitely not ruling out a single ball of ball lightning.

The videos were very impressive. I think you have earned a cigar. Thanks!

[edit on 12-6-2010 by NightSkyeB4Dawn]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

NightSkyeB4Dawn.....

You are very welcome!

Here's a thought for your consideration.....

If you send an alert to the mods from your opening post, you could ask them to move your thread to the science forum.

In there, you might receive some more interesting & informed responses to complement (or even contradict!) my own.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Thanks for the suggestion.

I have been looking at some examples of ball lightning and the only ones that really come close are the ones produced in a lab.

Mine had no tail, no sparks, no companions. Fell slowly and the weather conditions did not support the possibility of rain or lightning.

Now whether that makes a difference I don't know. I know it was not a flare dropped from a plane because there were no planes and again, there were no sparks.

I have to lean towards the idea of a single random lightning plasma ball until someone can give me a better idea.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I think you might have seen one of those bright floating flare lights that they use for rescues or what not. I've seen them used for search & rescue. They float slowly down and then go out. I dont know how they work but it might be one of those. The police and military use them too. There would not be a plane because they shoot them up from the ground.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by out west]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by out west
I think you might have seen one of those bright floating flare lights that they use for rescues or what not. I've seen them used for search & rescue. They float slowly down and then go out. I dont know how they work but it might be one of those. The police and military use them too. There would not be a plane because they shoot them up from the ground.

Out west.....

That's also not a bad idea.....a flare

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Could be but remember that I am out in the country. No houses. Area is a large flat field. Any vehicles can be see for miles if they have on their lights.

More importantly what would they be searching for or rescuing in the middle of a cow patch?

No amber alerts and no reports on the local news.

I feel confident it was not a flare and it was not any kind of fireworks.

I will accept that is was some kind of plasma ball. it would explain the brilliance and the size but it fails to meet many of the other normal identifying characteristics of a plasma ball.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I might think that some night fisherman are floating around in the canal and thought it would be fun to shoot off one of those flares. Enough beers and thats what I might do.
It would take some heavy weather for a plasma ball.

You know and lighting balls are basketball size or bigger.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

I have to lean towards the idea of a single random lightning plasma ball until someone can give me a better idea.
...here's a better idea...something "otherworldly"...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I might think that some night fisherman are floating around in the canal and thought it would be fun to shoot off one of those flares. Enough beers and thats what I might do.
It would take some heavy weather for a plasma ball.

You know and lighting balls are basketball size or bigger.

Sorry but anybody fishing in the canal would have stuck out like a sore thumb.

There was no other people or vehicles present other than myself and mine.

I would have loved to have had someone else there but as in most cases it happens too fast and when you least expect it.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

...here's a better idea...something "otherworldly"...

Could be but what could they be looking for but perhaps a bit of milk, a couple of oranges or grass?

I have a better idea. Maybe their vehicles run on methane!

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Hey NightSkyeB4Dawn,

What you describe really does sound like a flare fired from the ground. It's possible that kids grabbed a gun from one of the houses and decided to fire it out in a paddock. I used to do stupid stuff like that all the time when I was a kid. Kids are also pretty adept at hiding.

I'm thinking something like this www.youtube.com...

If you are sure it was not a flare can you provide any more details on what it looked like? Other possibilities that spring to mind are RC choppers or planes. The brushless electrics are pretty quiet and a lot of these toys now have LED's on them so you can use them at night and find them after you crash them.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Are you familiar with the term "Canepla"?

A Canepla is an E.T. probe. That was my first thought when I read your post. These probes are usually about the size you mention. They don't make any sound.

Some people call them "Orbs" too, but I personally believe an Orb is a different thing. Caneplas or Probes are controled by an intelligence, orbs have a natural or paranormal origin as a manifestation of energy.

I'm not saying that is what you saw, take a look to this video from from a "Group of Contact" in Uruguay during one of those gatherings in a remote place.

www.truveo.com...

Good day my friend.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Trueman]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
Are you familiar with the term "Canepla"?
A Canepla is an E.T. probe. That was my first thought when I read your post. These probes are usually about the size you mention. They don't make any sound.
Some people call them "Orbs" too, but I personally believe an Orb is a different thing. Caneplas or Probes are controled by an intelligence, orbs have a natural or paranormal origin as a manifestation of energy.
I'm not saying that is what you saw, take a look to this video from from a "Group of Contact" in Uruguay during one of those gatherings in a remote place.
www.truveo.com...
Good day my friend.

Trueman.....

I have embedded your video for convenient viewing.

I don't mean this to sound rude, but I know it will be taken that way no matter how I say it, so.....

It's a bug!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Haha........somehow I knew you'll answer my post. Thanks for your help with the video.

How do you confirm that is a bug? I mean, is your opinion or somebody told you that?

A shinning bug at daylight, about half the size the head of the persons in the video. They don't seem to notice it, otherwise they will start running like hell to avoid a possible sting or bite.

But you know, I wasn't there neither brother. So, you might think the object was closer to the camera lens. That could be too. Well, this is like your name....maybe, maybe not.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Awsome,
one of my friends were on the middle video
=hihi-Miss you all--god bless

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Our science lab thanks you for your humorous reply to trueman
We will laugh for many weeks
Even though,Trueman is on to something.

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Archirvion]

[edit on 12-6-2010 by Archirvion]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Trueman…..

Haha........somehow I knew you'll answer my post.

Well, you mightn’t have realised it at the time, but you posted something that has been the subject of very lengthy discussion on ATS & externally.

Thanks for your help with the video.

You are very welcome!

How do you confirm that is a bug?

That video shows what many inexperienced people used to call a ”rod”. That is to say, it shows an insect that has been distorted due to the frame rate of the video camera, which has caused an elongation of the body & a rippling “manta ray” effect of the wings.

I mean, is your opinion or somebody told you that?

It is my opinion, based on reading & viewing & discussing this specific topic for myriad hours, over a very long time.

You will find a huge amount of information about this on ATS & externally.

A shinning bug at daylight, about half the size the head of the persons in the video.

The size has been exaggerated by the closeness of the bug to the camera & the video brightness (i.e. video flaring) of the bug.

They don't seem to notice it, otherwise they will start running like hell to avoid a possible sting or bite.

That actually proves it was just a little bug, close to the camera.

But you know, I wasn't there neither brother.

There is no need to be there to arrive at these conclusions. This phenomenon is very well known.

So, you might think the object was closer to the camera lens.

I confirm ”the object was closer to the camera lens”

That could be too

That is definitely a bug.

Well, this is like your name....maybe, maybe not.

Well in this case, it “definitely…..definitely is!

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Archirvion

Our science lab thanks you for your humorous reply to trueman
We will laugh for many weeks
Even though,Trueman is on to something.

Archirvion....

Please see myn post, above.

It's a bug!