It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Important read for anyone worried about 2012!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
We are living in an age of uncertainty. Financially, Morally, Mentally,
Politically, Spiritually … I don’t know about you but I’m feeling uncertain in just about every way imaginable. One thing I do know for sure however (And I‘m sure most of you do also), is that we as a civilization, as humans are gearing up for some spectacular times. Heck, times are spectacular enough already, I can only begin to imagine what human life on earth (If any) will be like 10-20 years from now.

But before I get too much into this I would like to mention that I am NOT trying to predict anything OR cram anything down your throats. I’m NOT a believer in religion and I’ve NOT got a degree or PhD of ANY kind.
To be perfectly honest with you, writing this is quite therapeutic. If you want to read it then read it. If you don’t then there is an abundance of other literature on the internet ready for your reading pleasure, summoned by a simple Google search. I have no idea how long this is going to be, how it will be structured or even the true purpose of it all. I am as they say “Going with the flow”. If this does interest someone or spark some discussion then I guess it was all the more worthwhile.

Life... Life has been a very important thing to me over the past year or so. I appreciate it a lot more than I used to, ever since I begun my spiritual awakening. For those of you that have had one you will know how magical this event is, for those of you that haven’t don’t worry I’m not going to preach to you! If you want that service then please feel free to email me
(I don’t mind helping people out with starting meditation for the first time)

Death... I have actually died a couple of times in one night due to some very stupid behaviour (Now I look back at it the actions seemed pretty suicidal although I had no intention of killing myself) but luckily my good friend was there to resuscitate me the first time and then after that the NHS actually started to do something… (WOW. THE NHS ACTUALLY WORKED!?) Putting aside all sarcasm I feel that the events of that night helped “Fast track” me on my way to my spiritual awakening. I didn’t know that I had been resuscitated the second time until I actually awoke in the morning and I tell you what, I have never felt so good in my entire life.

Anyways, I don’t want to stick on the whole death subject for too long, this isn’t a doomsday or scaremongering thread so lets move on!

Friends... the good ones will always be there when you need them, even after a long period of stagnancy. What I’ve done in the recent years and what I would advise you to do also in times like these is to pick your friends carefully. Think through your time spent with your friends and ask yourself “Which ones actually care for me?” , “Which ones will be there in the end?” and “Which ones would make sacrifices for me without dwelling on them and holding grudges?”
The answer is usually not a lot but hopefully there should be at least 1 or 2. Now reserve a special part of your conscience for these good friends and make sure you are there ready to help if they need you. Because in the end you might need a little help from your friends to get by. Well, you know how the song goes.

Family... Probably one of the most important things of all. If there’s one thing you should be able to rely on its family. Even if its not your blood family there should be someone that you regard as family. Just make sure that you don’t get your priorities mixed up and forget about a real family that cares for you (if you have one), No matter how dysfunctional. Barely anyone has an “Ideal family”, especially considering how messed up society is as a whole nowadays. But don’t let this stop you from making amends where possible! If there is a chance of bettering your relationship with anyone you know, love or care for then it is definitely worth doing, because love makes the world go round and no matter how much love there is, the world as we know it might stop going round at any moment.

Passion... In the past couple of years I have decided to focus on what is important to ME rather than what society regards as important. And what is important to me? Doing what I enjoy doing, having fun, making music, exercising, the list goes on. And if you can find something that you not only enjoy but that is productive then I advise that you pursue it. Especially if what you are doing at the moment is draining you of yourself. By that I mean take a GOOD look at yourself and think of how you could make the quality of your life better. Mentally, Physically and Spiritually. Regardless of outside input. For instance I should stop smoking cannabis, eat more healthy and meditate as much as I used to. I barely ever meditate anymore compared to when I first started. Although I’m in a kind of sleep deprived trance like meditative state as I write this now, I hope that it will make sense to you readers and to me once I’ve had a few good nights worth of sleep.

Gratitude Be grateful for the basic needs of life that you do have fulfilled, i.e. food, shelter, water etc. And don’t dwell on the things you don’t have! Jealousy and envy are the traits of a person who has become the product of a corporate nation.

I’m not going to try and tell you what’s going to happen in the coming years, I could guess… many have. Many credible people and civilisations have made predictions and prophesised as you all know. A lot of people are also scaremongers who like to make stuff up on sites like this to get people panicking.
The fact of the matter is that after looking at all the evidence at hand something amazing is almost certainly going to happen. Good or bad. Only time will tell. (Q. But what if time is relevant? A. That’s a rubbish joke)
I’m sure most of you have already come up with some kind of conclusion for yourselves and that’s why I’m not going to try and impose my beliefs about the end times on anyone except those who ask. I just hope that you all try and enjoy your lives as much as possible and make the most out of life.

I’m going to leave it at that because I just realised how long this thing is, if your still somehow reading this then kudos to you for having enough patience. If you do fancy giving meditation a go then feel free to contact me through U2U.

Thanks for taking the time to read!

-TechUnique

P.s Wow I got through the whole thread without mentioning the Mayans or 2012! Oh... Wait...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I just got back from my meditation class and this is a great post. It chimes exactly with my feelings. Thanks for posting.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jax11
I just got back from my meditation class and this is a great post. It chimes exactly with my feelings. Thanks for posting.

Cheers mate

Have you manged to achieve "Golden rain" yet? It is AMAZING. Better than any drug i've ever tried. Absolutely BLISS. I'm curious in how these meditation classes go about teaching meditation, because i taught myself.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I've only been to four classes (out of 8) - they introduce you to breathing techniques and various other "tasters" of ways of meditating. You are expected to practice at home during the week. For people like me, who don't have the self-discipline or time to teach themselves, it is a good motivator, and you also have the back-up of other group members. I don't think I have achieved anything like a proper meditative experience yet, but it is definitely doing me good and I intend to carry on once the classes have finished.

For my own take on 2012, see my article at www.2012predictions.net...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Thank you for a succinct and positive thread. I agree with, well actually all you wrote. Especially what you said under Passion.."...In the past couple of years I have decided to focus on what is important to ME..."
IMHO I think now is the time to sort out yourself ...let others sort themselves out, they have more knowledge on the subject!
I am interested in what Golden Rain is...I know I should Google it..but I would like to hear your experience of it.
I meditate myself as and when I can...my usual method is the walking one. I find that by simply doing this I charge myself up more than if I nap for the same period..not sure I could sleep walk to Tesco's though..lol.
Keep up the good vibes...!
Star to you if I can figure it out ( new here and that )

[edit on 9-6-2010 by defunct pyewacket]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Good thread, although you could dwell deeper into some of the subjects. Instead of sharing your meditation experiences with people via u2u, you could share tips about how to get started in this thread for all to see.

Could you elaborate on what 'golden rain' is? And i would like to know your take on 2012 also

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

hello and thanks for the post.
i agree with what you are saying, but fail to see the 2012 connection. if you could expand on that i would appreciate it.

also i tried to U2U you, but i seem to not be able to send them from my phone. i would love some suggestions on starting meditation again.i say again because about 2 years ago i had good progession with meditating and almost achieved OOBE a few times, but since then i can not come closer anymore.

again thanks for the post and i look forward to hear for some guidence.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Hey good post OP! I am no meditation guru, but I thought I would add a few techniques that I have found most helpful, for the followers of this thread until the OP gets back.

First, meditation is your inherit gift to yourself that everyone is capable of, so no need to spend money, on anything related to meditation. Each persons technique may differ to fit them best, but this technique I am going to describe is that which resembles a beginning Buddhists meditation. Another good technique that I sometimes use is the Ancient Hindu Chakra one, but let me start with the Buddhist one first.

1.Find a comfortable place to sit. (At first the darker and quieter the better, although you don't want total silence)

2.Find a comfortable position to sit. (Doesn't matter how you are sitting, although I recommend Indian style on the floor)

3.Close your eyes.

4.Begin to take deep natural breaths, in through your nose and out through your mouth.

5. Focus on your breaths as they go in and out, notice how they sound and how they feel.

6.Imagine them falling in and out of you. Do not force them. From now on only breath through your nose.

7.Now direct your focus on your body. Find any discomforts or impurities and focus on that area. Analyze how it feels, is it hot, cold, sharp or dull... and imagine the route which the signals are going from that area up to your brain.

8.Begin to detach your mind from these discomforts of your body by telling yourself "this body is only a temporary shell for me so it is not real and these uncomfortable pains or sensations are only an illusion of my mind". Repeat 5-8.

9. Now direct your focus back to your breathing and then begin to notice all the sounds around you and ask yourself these questions. Are some farther away than others? Are some louder than others? Try not to judge the sounds. Don't tell yourself: I don't like that one or that one is too loud, just analyze everything about them, like which direction are the coming from, which direction are they going in. Try to imaging how much of it's sound wave is entering you and how much is going other places.

10. Now again focus on your breathing, how does it sound, how does it feel. Quiet your mind. No more thinking about anything, just be. There is no more such thing as time, there is no more such thing as you.

If at anytime throughout this you begin thinking about other things, just go back to focusing on your breathing and allow those thoughts to clear from your mind. I can run through the Chakra meditation also if anyone wants, although it is more difficult. Anyway, hope that helped someone. Peace!

[edit on 9-6-2010 by LifeIsEnergy]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Here is a thread dedicated to meditation for anyone interested. www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit to add: keeff, you may be trying to hard to experience OBE again. That is prolly why you haven't reached it since, because you are searching for it instead of letting it naturally happen. Just go into each meditation session with no thought of expectations. The whole point of meditation is to find a place where you are no longer thinking, so that may be the reason you haven't experienced it again. Forget about OBE, it no longer exists in your mind. Maybe then you will find it.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Since LifeIsEnergy put it so well i'm going to use a lot of the post and add my own little techniques to it. Then again everyone needs to find their own techniques but this is a great way to start, thanks LifeIsEnergy.

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
First, meditation is your inherit gift to yourself that everyone is capable of, so no need to spend money, on anything related to meditation. Each persons technique may differ to fit them best, but this technique I am going to describe is that which resembles a beginning Buddhists meditation. Another good technique that I sometimes use is the Ancient Hindu Chakra one, but let me start with the Buddhist one first.

1.Find a comfortable place to sit. (At first the darker and quieter the better, although you don't want total silence)
There is also a more advanced method i use where you sit somewhere uncomfortable in some way (Breeze, bump in the floor, anything distracting) then focus on that so you can enter your own body. Takes a lot longer but is one of the ways i use to get golden rain.

2.Find a comfortable position to sit. (Doesn't matter how you are sitting, although I recommend Indian style on the floor)
What works well for me to achieve an out of body experience or OBE is lying flat on my back with my right ankle crossed over the left ankle and my forearms facing down on my side with my palms facing the air. (Under the covers speeds up the process but may result in you falling asleep
)

3.Close your eyes.

4.Begin to take deep natural breaths, in through your nose and out through your mouth.

5. Focus on your breaths as they go in and out, notice how they sound and how they feel.

6.Imagine them falling in and out of you. Do not force them. From now on only breath through your nose.

7.Now direct your focus on your body. Find any discomforts or impurities and focus on that area. Analyze how it feels, is it hot, cold, sharp or dull... and imagine the route which the signals are going from that area up to your brain.

8.Begin to detach your mind from these discomforts of your body by telling yourself "this body is only a temporary shell for me so it is not real and these uncomfortable pains or sensations are only an illusion of my mind". Repeat 5-8.

9. (This is my number nine for achieving golden rain.) Ignore everything else around you and try and focus on the blood pumping through your body. Start off by leaving your head and slowly moving down your body tightening and relaxing gently as you go until your body is completely relaxed. Now keep slowing down your breathing until your breathing just enough to live without it being a discomfort (This may take some practise.)

10. Now focus (Gently) on the chi running waves of excitement throughout your body. Keep in this state feeling the waves of lifeforce flowing through you getting stronger and stronger. Keep doing this until you no longer feel like a body, just pure energy... chi. Heaven.

11. Now for an out of body experience =] Once you feel like a block of glowing energy that can't really move (Basically like on Ketamine) try to float away. But don't put any effort into it, just image yourself levitating and you will gently feel yourself begin to either lift off the bed or sink into it. Either way is good. Now go explore your own little haven! Have fun!

9. Now direct your focus back to your breathing and then begin to notice all the sounds around you and ask yourself these questions. Are some farther away than others? Are some louder than others? Try not to judge the sounds. Don't tell yourself: I don't like that one or that one is too loud, just analyze everything about them, like which direction are the coming from, which direction are they going in. Try to imaging how much of it's sound wave is entering you and how much is going other places.

10. Now again focus on your breathing, how does it sound, how does it feel. Quiet your mind. No more thinking about anything, just be. There is no more such thing as time, there is no more such thing as you.

If at anytime throughout this you begin thinking about other things, just go back to focusing on your breathing and allow those thoughts to clear from your mind. I can run through the Chakra meditation also if anyone wants, although it is more difficult. Anyway, hope that helped someone. Peace!

Thanks for most of the writing LifeIsEnergy, i just woke up and you worded it well.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
For the person who wanted to know what golden rain feels like;

Where do i start? Heaven? Absolute bliss? Extacy? that and more... You feel safe, secure, crazilly happy. When i achieve it i feel like their is feel good electric running up and down my body at a crazy rate like waves in the ocean.

If you've taken MDMA before then imagine when you first come up HARD. now imagine that feeling of coming up never slowing down or stopping untill you achieve OBE (Out of body experience) which is even more magic.

When you leave your body something small can snap you out of the trance like state and make you re-enter your body. (Which is usually followed by the feeling of falling really quickly and slight anxiety or panic) But if you carry on this state untill you fall asleep and wake up naturally you will feel very enlightened in the morning, and fresh. I suppose what OBE is differs for different people depending on who they are and whats running around in their subconscious state of mind.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by TechUnique]

[edit on 9-6-2010 by TechUnique]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
As for what i believe about 2012? I believe a lot of crap will happen from the human side of things but i believe in what the mayans believe. Don't know what the mayans believe? Look it up yourself. Also check out this video for what might happen.

Either way i believe some messed up stuff is going to happen around the infamous date and after the date. I don't think anyone on earth is supposed to know EXACTLY what is going to happen. Maybe TPTB will have a much better idea but they probably won't even know EXACTLY.

If you meditate i suggest you do it a lot more because we may have to get our souls ready for some kind of harvest. Either way when we die our lifeforce has to go somewhere and i suppose the stronger our life force is, the easier we will have it on the other side once our solar system resets itself.

I'm not completely sure on the subject really, all i do know is that messed up things are going to happen... a lot of them. Messed up things have been happening for a stupid amount of years and i think that Karmic energy is coming back to kick some arse.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Cool ^ I like the advanced stuff you added, I agree with everything you said. I never tried 'golden rain' but I will tonight.

Have a good one.
mmm...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

i actually haven't been trying for OOBE, just to get to the relaxed meditation state once again. i think my main problem is that i have been really run down lately. i think that when i try to meditate i am just to tired and end up falling asleep before i get into any kind of trance.

i have not read all your suggestions yet, just saw this post directed at me and thought i would respond. i have a bad habit of posting, and forgetting to check for responses,...

but thanks for the advice and i will try the other suggestions and get back at a later date.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Tell me how it goes and what it feels like for you.
I find a bit of smoke helps speed up the process a lot

... Not that i'm condoning illegal acts

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by keeff

If you keep drifting off to sleep try doing something like setting your mobile phone to let off a beep every 5 mins or so. Or leave a T.V on (hard not to focus on the sound so just mute the t.v and hopefully the flashing will keep you awake.)

One thing i haven't tried but i always thought would be a good idea would be if you had a cat. Get it to sit on your lap and stroke it until it goes to sleep and then try and meditate whilst stroking it. Cats are meant to have some kind of calming powers i think.

Try lying on your bed with one foot flat on the floor.

Anything slightly distracting i suppose.

top topics

join