It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas wrecks 'illegal' Gaza homes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Hamas wrecks 'illegal' Gaza homes

news.bbc.co.uk

Hamas, the Palestinian movement which controls the Gaza Strip, has forced residents of a southern town from their homes and demolished their houses.

The radical Islamist group says people living at the edge of the town of Rafah had built their homes illegally on government land.

Witnesses said dozens of people were pushed out of their homes but Hamas says the number has been exaggerated.

Palestinians in Gaza have been angered by the demolitions.

Palestinians are more used to seeing homes destroyed in areas occupied by Israeli military or police for being built without the correct p
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ynet.co.il
www.examiner.com
www.middle-east-online.com
current.com

[edit on 31-5-2010 by gambon]

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 5/31/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This shows how messed up the whole situation is in gaza etc , Why would you make your own people homeless?when they have been through so much , Hamas have no wish for peace it seems to me , wtf are they doing...shameless hypocrisy on the part of hamas , they are short of building materials , yet can build miles of tunnels under the egyptian steel wall in no time at all .....and knock down homes

news.bbc.co.uk

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Reply to post by gambon

In before it's Israel's fault.

You know it's coming. Lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Wouldn't be surprised if they demolished those homes to make space for some retaliation plan. Don't think they'd piss off their own supporters for nothing. They did this for a real purpose but I doubt we'll know what it is for another few weeks.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Deleted. Thought the news was less than 24 hours old.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by D.E.M.]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by D.E.M.
Well, what convenient timing for a piece such as this to make the news. Isn't it just?

Israel is sweating under the international spotlight for its massacre of civilian aid workers, but conveniently news breaks that Hamas is acting like the devil again!

Seriously, if you can't see the obvious smoke-screen this is, you have to be blind. It reeks to high heaven of desperate damage control and fake news to detract attention from the flotilla.

No mate it happened days BEFORE the flotilla was attacked ...days and days

so if anything by your logic hamas used the flotilla to detract from this does it not...........HAppened on the 17th

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gambon

Well, that explains my confusion then! B.A.N. is for news that is 24 hours old or less! This belongs in some other forum, an error especially grave given the circumstances over there.

The error is understandable given the circumstances.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I actually wanted to see if/ how long it would take some body to suggest it was a diversion tactic of the msm ...congratulations ..

and also to point out how it is funny this never made ATS at all

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by gambon

Good to know you just wanted to flagrantly violate the board rules. Hopefully a mod see's this and deals with you accordingly.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Sounds to me like the military has just taken over these houses for future actions.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Also shows how some will defend hamas of anything regardless of ther facts and anything evidence related of there darker side is deemed not worthy of being true

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
Also shows how some will defend hamas of anything regardless of ther facts and anything evidence related of there darker side is deemed not worthy of being true

This is so true, some people have started to hate Israel so much that they can't see that there are other bad apples in the equation. People even defend Iran for crying out loud...Iran executes gays...Israel allows gays in the military.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

Thank you for your reply , you can see what I eas on about then , and its not just me that sees it?, picking and choosing evidence to suit agendas does not make a complete case ...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

This shows how messed up the whole situation is in gaza etc , Why would you make your own people homeless?when they have been through so much , Hamas have no wish for peace it seems to me , wtf are they doing...shameless hypocrisy on the part of hamas , they are short of building materials , yet can build miles of tunnels under the egyptian steel wall in no time at all .....and knock down homes

news.bbc.co.uk

You are absolutely right, needless to say Hamas doesnt care either about employment or overall welfare in their sh!tty little piece of land..
Fatah may have been corrupt but were willing to talk and laid their arms down, the westbank is overall a better place to live.
I also challenged the members here about the Egyptian part of the Gaza blockade and them gassing the smuggler tunnls, but then they'll tell you they're getting paid by zionists to do so, it seems pointless adressing the darker side of their Palestian friends..

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Ahh I also seem to feel fatah have been a far more forward thinking entity , I am sure those in gaza would have fatah back in an instant , they have realised , like at least two previously hardline and now assasinated israeli prime ministers that you have to compromise and thus isolate hardline right wingers on both sides

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

And you have no problem with that whatsoever?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This was done before the flotilla thing but it seems very suspicious. Like someone said, maybe room for an attack? Maybe the flotilla thing was a prep to allow this thing to go through without people caring even more so than they do when hamas does something.If this involved Israel this topic would have probably 5 pages by now.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by SoulofBlack]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
In all seriousness where do these people get the materials and funds to build homes?

This relates to both the Palestinians and the Israelis all the time I read they built this home illegally they demolished this home then they built this home.

Either these people are experts at recycling concrete, are expert builders like no one else in the world or I just dont understand the situation. Also the pictures of the homes I have seen are comparable to multimillion dollar modern homes in West LA.

I am being very serious about this.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard

This is so true, some people have started to hate Israel so much that they can't see that there are other bad apples in the equation. People even defend Iran for crying out loud...Iran executes gays...Israel allows gays in the military.

I do believe that Israel is as Finklestein puts it.. ."A Lunatic State".

However, As you have stated, they do indeed have a different culture than Iran.

And though this case in no way justifies Israels actions, it does show how messed up Hamas is towards its own people.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
amazing how few posts this thread has got , one wonders which side is using megaphone.........

top topics

<<   2 >>

join